No announcement yet.

New Boats--Let's see em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No pictures are available yet, but Bill Hemp's project craft is proceeding nicely. We're rebuilding and restoring the DSH hull that Mike Franck crashed at the Nationals last year. Of course there will be some alterations- hopefully improvements- and new twists as with any hull the Bill gets.

Comment

• Did Mike get a new boat yet? its always a pleasure to see him and Joe at the races.
      Gene Schertz 26V
      TEAM CAFFEINE
      Cranked up and ready to Roll
      Reeds for Speed!

Comment

• No! No! No!

Blimp Craft,

Hey the stringers go on the inside and the bottom plywood goes on the outside!

The way you have it, the boat will track pretty strait but it will be slow!

Comment

• Runnabouts Rule!

26V,

Nice runnabout!

To may boats with training wheels on them. We need to see more runnabouts being built.

Send more pictures as you advance in construction.

Comment

• new pics

making some more progress. has been slow but steady
            Attached Files
            Gene Schertz 26V
            TEAM CAFFEINE
            Reeds for Speed!

Comment

• Looking good Gene.
              Mark
              G-11
              125H
              When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
              Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

Comment

• The future!

It looks like your doing a good job, considering it is in a time warp! Tell me what kind of wood are you using in the year 2014? Or is it some kind of alloy that has been painted so as to give the appearance of wood? 66G

Comment

• Wow!!!

Now that's a Race boat.
                  RichardKCMo
                  Originally posted by 26V View Post
                  making some more progress. has been slow but steady
                  RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

• Hey Proprider,
                    That Pugh DSH you were talking about being in NJ.Was that the laydown boat that belonged to Reed Riddle? If so, who is the proud owner now? That was a super riding boat.
                    Bill Giles
                    racer giles

Comment

• time warp

Its a geneticly altered plant, the rules in 2014 do not allow any metal alloy to be used for the framing or skin of the boat. It makes them to light and scary fast .
                      Gene Schertz 26V
                      TEAM CAFFEINE
                      Reeds for Speed!

Comment

• Pugh DSH

Bill, yes that is the laydown boat that Reed Riddle had. It is now in New Jersey and was purchased by Mike DeLisa. Reed kept it in good shape out in Utah.

Comment

• Dsh

I think thats the boat the a former racer named Mark Smearback or something used to own...he t boned me coming into inspection in Hinton WV in 1993 while he was flipping off another driver for cutting him off or something. I got flipped out of boat and prop ran over me...not a scratch due to new kevlar I had just purchased.

Comment

• Dsh

I think thats the boat that a former racer named Mark Smearback or something used to own...he t boned me coming into inspection in Hinton WV in 1993 while he was flipping off another driver for cutting him off or something. I got flipped out of boat and prop ran over me...not a scratch due to new kevlar I had just purchased.

Comment

• I believe the boat was orignally owned by Mark Schlarb from Ohio.
                              Joe Silvestri
                              CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                              JH/JR

Comment

• Joe,
                                You are right. Mark Slarb had it brand new at the 1991 Nationals at Youngstown. He sold it to Reed a short time thereafter and started racing PRO, I think he was driving for Kay Harrison at that time. Reed had it ever since. Mark Smearbach did not ever campaign DSH class, mostly BSH & 25 SSH( XStoo ). Great guy and driver. I had some very good safe races with him. Mike is a great "rookie" too. It will have another good home. Thanks for the info. I'll let Reed know about his boat. It was a great one of a kind rig.
                                Bill
                                racer giles

Comment

Working...
                                X