New Boats--Let's see em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tunnel or Step?

George, can't tell from pictures if the B-Mod boat has a step in the bottom at frame#3 or a 6mm tunnel? Also, what did you use for the sandwich material in the "chickenwings"? Will you cut both the cockpit sides and the transom down for the 22ci OMC or leave them straight/parallel to waterline? Boat looks great, I hope Ron brings it to Franklin in the Spring. We are enjoying a bit of a resurgence of 25/Mod and B-Mod here in the southern part of Region 6 Mike Marshall, Raceboat61-S

Comment

• kid kraft

I'm now fitting the bottom before epoxying it on.
      Attached Files
      Gene Schertz 26V
      TEAM CAFFEINE
      Cranked up and ready to Roll
      Reeds for Speed!

Comment

• Originally posted by 26V View Post
        I'm now fitting the bottom before epoxying it on.
        The boat is coming along nice.
        Shelly (MossyRose96w)
        Girly Myspace Layouts
        Girly Myspace Layouts

Comment

• Mike the BMOD boat has a 6mil tunnel and no step in the bottom. The stuff in the chicken wings is foam same stuf I use in the bottom of the cockpit when I cut the ribs out. The foam is really light and flexable so it moulds to the shape of the bottom and when the epoxy drys its like a rock then I epoxy a piece of 3mil over top of it to kneel on. Ron wanted the transom high for the standard Hotrod tower so Im just leaving the sides higher also makes it easier to get to the back of the boat to start the motor without it sinking.
          Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

• 2007 TEC Craft

B.J. Tetro's new 175ccH
            Attached Files

Comment

• Here's Bill Hemp's newest CSH boat. He ordered it as soon as he heard about the new propshaft safety heights, thinking that we could address the potential that the new height opens up. He wanted to take the concepts we developed and proved with our ASH boats and build a new CSH. After all a CSH is pretty much like a bigger ASH and now that the commission wants us to run the CSH gearcase deeper to increase the drag like an ASH, the rest of the package ought to mirror the ASH stuff as well. We brainstormed a bit with Mark Tate and got some input from Jon Staudacher on his ideas for inboard hydros that run with lots of negative propshaft angle- lots at least by SORC standards. I liked Staudacher's Mr Bud boat that had an adjustable shaft angle and a few other tricks. Mark has driven it so I think we got some interesting input. No crying in our beer here, we're sprinting to stay ahead of the curve.
              Attached Files

Comment

• speed secrets

I personally think that the BLUE pieces on the boat will make it faster. I guess you call it GOOD KARMA!

66 G

Comment

• bottoms up

I finally got the main bottom sheet epoxyed down!
                  Attached Files
                  Gene Schertz 26V
                  TEAM CAFFEINE
                  Reeds for Speed!

Comment

• Boat

What kind of epoxy and wood are you using? Just curious. Also, where are the sponsons? Actually, boat looks great. Daveracer

Comment

• Where are the sponsons?

Hey Dave, you gotta remember that these runabout guys think that hydros are just runabouts with training wheels. Sometimes I think they're right, especially if they drive the roll-up boats.

Comment

• Sponsons?

OOOH you mean those training wheels you hydros use!
                        Now that I'm out of the time warp I have to use current materials instead of the futuristic stuff I was using. ( dang it)
                        I'm using West systems epoxy, and the stringers are out of cottonwood. Very light, and of course Okume plywood.
                        Just ordered hardware yesterday.
                        Gene Schertz 26V
                        TEAM CAFFEINE
                        Reeds for Speed!

Comment

• Cottonwood?

I have heard of that before, but I don't think we have any here in the northwest. Most raceboats here started with Sitka Spruce, but recently the Chinese have been buying it in huge quanities. For what I have no idea. So, the quality has gone way down and the price has gone way up. I started using Western Red Cedar, like I mentioned in an earlier post. It seems to be working out fine. I have also found that Tap Plastics makes a great epoxy...its very damp here in the winter, and West Systems seems to have curing problems..not so with Tap products. Daveracer

Comment

• Here is the first of theOld Speedliner design.

Just have the number to paint and on to boat number 2, this one is 10' 6" and we are doing a 9' 6" and an 11' 6" so we can run A/B/C.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Forget the boats... Tell us about the airplane in the background.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

• Boats and Airplanes

The Airplane is an RV4 that we have nearly finished. It is a long term project like 12 years. We hope to get it finished this year.

The plane is a 2 place all metal craft. Had to learn the work with metal and rivets. It will do a little over 200 MPH when finished.

Besides the airplane I also raced cars and now own a 2007 Z06, that also will do 200 MPH. I love Speed!

Comment

Working...
                                X