New Boats--Let's see em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wart's new kilo boat

The sides are on Bob Wartinger's new 125ccH kilo boat. The boat will be running at the Oroville Kilos March 3-4
    Attached Files

Comment

• Sweet

That is his new Hydro, right ? Definately a Kilo boat. Looks good Darrel !
      Dave Mason
      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

• What Is It?

I Can't Even Tell What The Heck I'm Looking At.

Comment

• OK, I give up - where are the training wheels>?
          Bill Giles
          racer giles

Comment

• Dsh

Does the new owner of boat plan on racing in DSH? Did he purchase 44XS with boat or just the hull? I thought Reed had somebody else drive boat at Winternationals one year.....Daveracer

Comment

• DSH Laydown

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
              Does the new owner of boat plan on racing in DSH? Did he purchase 44XS with boat or just the hull? I thought Reed had somebody else drive boat at Winternationals one year.....Daveracer
              Dave,

If you are referring to Joe's old pugh laydown, Then yes Mike will be racing I believe, He bought a powerhead from me in the fall. He races C-mod and 25 on the east coast now.

Regards,
              Dave Scott
              Aim Marine Inc.
              613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
              Ottawa, Canada
              http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
              DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

• Dsh

Oh cool. Will there be a class for him in New Jersey? BTW..how many 44XS motors have you sold since last year? Looks like the class is coming back in the N.E. See ya. DaveRacer

Comment

• "goose-egg"

Hey Dave,

That would be "0" NADA. Was my report not read at the meeting..

Regards,
                  Dave Scott
                  Aim Marine Inc.
                  613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
                  Ottawa, Canada
                  DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

• That's a d@mned shame!

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                    BTW..how many 44XS motors have you sold since last year? DaveRacer
                    Originally posted by crankbearing View Post
                    Hey Dave,

That would be "0" NADA.

Regards,

Anyone wondering now why Mercury quit building this motor....

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

• not wanting to get political!!

Originally posted by David_L6 View Post
                      Anyone wondering now why Mercury quit building this motor....
                      Hey Dave,

Yes it is a shame. In my report I stated that before the approval of the Tohatsu I received at least 5 or more calls a month in regards to new motors, after that I may have received 5 all year.

I also stated in tune with the Manufacturer statement. "I never thought myself to be a manufacturer but we wonder why we have no support, racers buying parts are one issue BUT as a manufacturer - Why was a I not notified BEFORE the tohatsu was made legal , I had no written do***entation sent to me from APBA, SORC or other but in the limelight I had all there support" These are a couple of the captions from my report.

Regards,
                      Dave Scott
                      Aim Marine Inc.
                      613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
                      Ottawa, Canada
                      DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

• Just about done Ron Selewach's new Hemp kit BMOD boat ,sealed with West and will start putting the finish on this weekend. My BSH Hemp kit is in the jig now.
                        Attached Files
                        Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

• My new Hemp BSH kit in the jig.
                          Attached Files
                          Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

• The boats look good George.

What motors will you two be running on those boats?

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

• David Ron will run a 22 cu in OMC on the BMOD boat and Im running a 15 Hotrod or a sidewinder on the BSH boat.

Comment

• About that 125ccH kilo hydro . . .

Originally posted by CSR4C View Post
                                The sides are on Bob Wartinger's new 125ccH kilo boat. The boat will be running at the Oroville Kilos March 3-4
                                Good design. Many moons ago we built a few hydros off our "Microwave" design that had funny sponsons shaped like a wing, trailing edge less than 2" thick. Forget lift derived from areo sponsons. If calculated one would have to g several decimal places to the right before an actual number other than zero registered, but the sponsons looked kinda cool as in weird.

The 125ccH boat appears to have the sponsons covered with one smooth deck. Less drag for sure. If the builder(s) fillet the cockpit sides with a 6" radius fillet drag would be further reduced. Back in my design phase I enlisted the aid of an areodynamic engineer and asked how much drag would we lose if we filleted the cockpit sides? Aero guy, Ned Smith, who was a tad strange in the John Nash (Movie -"Beautiful Mind") genius strange way, did calculations in his head! Ned muttered and paced and muttered some more and then, after all math conversions were made, said, "You'd gain close to one horsepower from the drag reduction of a 6" fillet." WHOA! ONE HORSEPOWER! Since the boat design size was around ASH/15ssH one horsepower extra would be way cool. Never built the boat, but the sketch design included shrouding the steering cables which Ned claimed was a major dirty-air drag problem. That I allready knew. For a kilo boat, all those tweaks could result in a speed boost that would crush previous records.

I hope the 125ccH crew keeps us posted on their record attempt with pictures of the boat in action.
                                carpetbagger

Comment

Working...
                                X