No announcement yet.

New Boats--Let's see em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet ride Tony, have fun and please keep us posted, have you put a speedo on the boat to see what kind of speeds you are running or maybe a GPS.
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Mr. Anderson.........

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
      Dan..I appreciate what you are saying, but you are missing my point. I am not asking Darren to borrow a motor, prop etc. I was simply asking for some general advice on dimensions on a boat for what is essentialy a new motor. Thats all. If he wants to keep it to himself, that fine. But I think flippent answers are not called for. If he does not want to help me, fine, just say so. In region 10, we all try and work together to help each other, as every single racer in area will tell you. I have been approached by a new racer that is interested in purchasing a Tohatsu and wants me to build him a boat. I will find all the information I need from another source aside from Hydroracer. (nothing personel) At this point, I have no idea what other builders are doing for the class....but I am sure a few of them will be happy to help me out. Racer Dave

Dave, let me say a few things and set you straight, as you seem to be missing the point! First off, do not go into the "helping other racers out" scenario, because I have and still do. In fact, I do loan out my good (and best) motors and props (Dave in OSY, J.Michael in CSR, Sean in 20SSH, and the Whidbey Island group, etc, etc, etc). I have been beat by my own equipment a couple times, but am I crying.NOPE! In fact, I really do not spend enough time on my own stuff and need to start concentrating on that more or I will always be mid-pack. Second, as to the boat dimensions, etc, Larry Darneille has been working on this boat for a year now and why should I go and make public all his efforts and work he has done. He did the math, figured out what he wanted to so and did that, so you can to. If you want the measurements, then ask HIM, as i am not going to tell you. Hell, the boat might not work out, but do I want to hear people saying....that measurement won't work or the bottom is too narrow or wide., so will keep those measurements to myself. If it works out great, then order one from him......easy enough. Or.......since you are a "boat builder" design it yourself, if it does not work, then that is your problem. Am I pissing people off about this??? I could care less, as I have spent ALOT of money and time in this new DSH project and just hope it works out....................now, I am DONE.........see ya in the first turn!
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Dsh

Darren. You are right. I should not have asked. I should know better then to go to hydroracer.net for any advice on stuff. And I did not say you did not loan stuff out. We all do. Now I am done . Dave

Comment

Dan

No speedo yet, just a tiny tach/hour meter. Less than 4 hours on new motor, extra oil, rich jets and rev limiter! Motor in tuck position and slightly deep. We will let you know when we turn it loose.

Thanks!
          Tony

=========================
          Tony L. Anderson
          tonylanderson@hotmail.com
          sigpic

Comment

A few pics.
            Attached Files

Comment

Dave M, yeah Larry like's his welding caps. He wears one everyday in the shop. Thanks for the kind works.

Lyle would love it if you built him a new boat. Tell your mom and dad Merry Christmas for me.

Kevin & Linda
              "I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin McAfee View Post
                Here is a couple of links to the JDS kit boat me and my dad Larry are building. We are just about to turn it over and start on the deck. Are there any other boats being built??

Kevin McAfee Y-44

http://www.sendpix.com/albums/06121710/nv57n7auaz/

http://www.sendpix.com/albums/06121713/2nw8mnlp35/
                Boats Looking pretty nice Kevin. You and your dad do some good work. Only one question.. Where ya'all gonna put the gun rack?
                DOUG SCHULTZ--HERE FOR THE SUPPORT OF OUR SPORT

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin McAfee View Post
                  Here is a couple of links to the JDS kit boat me and my dad Larry are building. We are just about to turn it over and start on the deck. Are there any other boats being built??

Kevin McAfee Y-44

http://www.sendpix.com/albums/06121710/nv57n7auaz/

http://www.sendpix.com/albums/06121713/2nw8mnlp35/
                  Boats Looking pretty nice Kevin. You and your dad do some good work. Only one question.. Where ya'all gonna put the gun rack?
                  DOUG SCHULTZ--HERE FOR THE SUPPORT OF OUR SPORT

Comment

Originally posted by nbranews View Post

Only one question.. Where ya'all gonna put the gun rack?
                    There better not be a gun rack in it !! If so, I am gonna outfit mine with a bazooka !!!! Bad Burt better watch out, I will make a hole in the first turn on the inside when he comes in !!
                    Dave Mason
                    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

99R Boat

Hmmmm...I like the look of new boat...Cept I want a view from the back end where I usually end up seeing it on the water.......DaveRacer (PS DSH does not stand for "Drama Stock Hydro". It means "Degenerite Stock Hydro" Cause we are all warped in one form or another, as I am sure Darren will find out soon enough) RacerDave

Comment

ummm there is a shot from the back. The second one.

Comment

99R,

What type or types of materials are you using to build your boat? Very interesting. Thanks for the pics.
                          Joe Silvestri
                          CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                          JH/JR

Comment

Dsh

Oh yeah...thanx to everybody that sent me thoughts and ideas for building a new DSH for the Tohatsu. Most people I chatted with felt bottom should be a little wider then a standard D stock, which usually is around 36, as the motor is a little heavier. Also, I was told afterplane should be around the 84 inch range, with sponsons maybe just a touch longer then most current D boats. If I get off my butt and buy a digital camera I will take pictures of it as it progresses. RacerDave

Comment

Just getting ready to start a Coop/Scheffler boat. I will post some pics as the build progresses.
                              Gene Schertz 26V
                              TEAM CAFFEINE
                              Cranked up and ready to Roll
                              Reeds for Speed!

Comment

New JDS

A sneak peak
                                Attached Files
                                93-C

Comment

Working...
                                X