No announcement yet.

40/44 tech and buy sell swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I new you would bring that up as well ALEX. I have an awesome tool for that, I will snap a pic of it tomorrow. It is what I learned to do mags on when I was 10 or 11 and have been using it sense. I have replaced the leads a few times over the years but if it ain't broke. BUT the most important tool in those pics. Is the Ounce Pound torque wrench for checking the points spring strength. WEAK spring = POINTS FLUTTER. I have heard it at pretty much every mod race I have been to, I had sierra points springs that look like a jigsaw puzzle when I am done so they have some strength but then you misalign the point faces.

plugs - 44 early - NGK Hot - B6S, Cool - B7S Cold - B8S (I used to have some champion recessed electrode plugs but I cannot remember the number)
    44 late works -NGK B9HS-10 - BEST (NLA) NGK B9HV(X) Good Champion QL53 L2-3G

There is a cross for the B9HV is Denso but I am not telling everything. Those I get from Germany and they are still available but at about 8$ per plug CAD

I buy every B9HV(X) I find on Ebay. The L2G champion I get on Ebay as well from the UK at 1lbs per plug. I am not sure if the guy still has em.

Dave
    Last edited by crankbearing; 03-24-2011, 03:50 PM.
    Dave Scott
    Aim Marine Inc.
    613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
    Ottawa, Canada
    http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
    DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

• Dave's right....., I knew he'd check me on that!! Here's the part number of the "Kiekhaefer" tool that's laying there: 91-29406, just in case anyone wants to look for one on ebay. My tool shows the ideal spring tension to be between 33 and 37 ounces. Of course, that setting was intended for cam longevity as well as adequate tension at the rated fishing motor rpms. And, if you really want to drive Google nutz go search for some Bendix "high temperature breaker lubricant" Bendix Part # 10-86527, to use on the point pivot post and cam-wick, Just a drop or two...You don't want a freaking oil bath going on in there.

Comment

• I've got lots of 58a, mk 50, & 500 parts. cowls , mids ,clamps & lowers. no power heads, mags or carbs. Rob 707-443-7282

Comment

• Robert,

I am in need of some clamp/swivel assemblies - No shock style Mark 55-35a-300 etc... let me know or send me some pics.

Thanks,

Dave
          Dave Scott
          Aim Marine Inc.
          613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
          Ottawa, Canada
          DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

• Some contact info that may come in handy:

1) Boysen Reeds 800-441-1177

2) Frank Erion 269-720-1337 Frank has new 15/16 gears for Quicksilver (merc) D gear cases. Also has a new one tooth under gears for Yamato hatchet gear cases. In additions Frank also has 1 to 1 merc A/B gears, 16/21 Merc. B gears and B prop shafts.

3) Dennis Hanson 920-233-6965 Dennis has new 1 to 1 gears for Quicksilver Merc D gear cases and water pump impellers for D merc units.

4) Cliff Johnson 317-293-2931 Cliff is currently making Obrien Merc stacks. He also markets a drive shaft housing Cliff has nose cones for stock Yamato Gear cases. He also has 302 mod pipe kits that are avaliable from APBA.

5) Dudley Malone 405-721-2755 Dudley has a great source for used parts. He also sells Bayer stacks

6) Steve Roskowski 317-831-5318 Steve makes drive shaft housings. He also has a full line of carb butterflies for WMA, KA and KC carbs plus makes an ignition system that replaces the mag ignitions.

7) Tim Kurcz 248-684-5579 Tim makes the Parker/ Kurcz stacks. He also make a system for the 850 OMC

8) Lee Tietze 503-263-2508 makes a great tower, foot throttle and all boat hardware.

9) Tim Snider 573-552-2953 he makes Hustler exhause systems and Hustler towers.

10) Aeroliner boats 386-295-3391 Dave and Allen have a lot of new parts and used parts

11) AIM outboard recyclers 613-831-1246 Dave Scott has an assortment of parts
            Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

• If anyone wants to be on the supplier list for 40/44 let me know and I will add you or if phone numbers have changed or if I have any info wrong let me know.

Comment

• Tim Sniders phone # is 573-552-2953
                Jeff

Comment

• Thanks Jeff. I have updated the list

Comment

• Brinkman Towers

Hey All,

Picked up the towers on Saturday. 225$ unmachined plus shipping.
                    Attached Files
                    Dave Scott
                    Aim Marine Inc.
                    613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
                    Ottawa, Canada
                    DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

• Who has a XS style transfer port cover available ??

Brian
                      maverickracing@q.com

Comment

• you don't need one Brian or you might beat me

Comment

• Does anyone make a deflector/shield for the carbs to prevent a wash down? Or pictures of what they use. Of coarse if I was always in the front it would not be necessary

Comment

• Deflector shild

I will send you one. Have a number of them. Can post a photo if you like.
                            Alan

Comment

• Originally posted by OldRacerBU View Post
                              I will send you one. Have a number of them. Can post a photo if you like.
                              Alan
                              Sent PM. Pictures are always good on HR and for me

Comment

• Mercury spray shields

Mike,

I guess I left these off of that list of parts that I make that I sent you. These are the same molding that Lou Witham sold for years. I just picked up another batch from the fiberglass shop. They are $35 each. This is the style with the extra blister on the left side to shield the mag as well as the carbs. Some didn't have this.

Steve Roskowski
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X