• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by john527 View Post
    do they make Kevlar depends?
    lolol dont know dont need those yet lol
    Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

• Old fart

Tore my right bicep trying to rassle my 750 mod, looks like the shows over for me. Been a year and it's still a "pain" literally.

Makes a nice display in the shop - -

Well he** yes, I did prove a point and it was fun. Last place was better than no place.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtechmarine View Post
        Tore my right bicep trying to rassle my 750 mod, looks like the shows over for me. Been a year and it's still a "pain" literally.

Makes a nice display in the shop - -

Well he** yes, I did prove a point and it was fun. Last place was better than no place.
        wow sorry to hear this !

i was wondering why we have not heard from you lately . when did this happen ?
        in my younger days i used to carry D or e engine any where it needed to be carried .

now i get 1 of the boys to help or just let them move it sigh

due to problems with my health, i did not race ths year matter of fact i hardly raced at all last year!

mostly went because i have 2 young men that want to race and eventually they will race my runabouts .. wanted them to get more pit
        experience

went to 3 races last year! let mike homfeld race more than i did . left arm had some thing pressing on nerves affecting left hand pinky and ring finger!

finnaly on the mend now however think there may be permant nerve damage

dr says takes a long time for nerve damage to heal

Randy 23-H
        Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

• maybeeee - -

Probably at Moss Point. Aggravated it at the nationals. Just lifting stuff may have been contributory. I just found that I was fighting the boat more than racing it. Thats no fun. Might try A mod with a 20H if the arm gets better. I have the motor and a couple of good props left!

Comment

• UPDATE on Ruck Machining Service

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
            Who out there does the machine work to modify these motors. East coast, west coast and central folks? Complete rebuilds?
            UPDATE on Ruck Machining Service:

Jim is retiring, and has been working together with his successor for the past 6 months or so... The new phone number is 715-258-5858, and Ron Magdanz is the new owner. Ron is an experienced machinist, and now has Jim's machines, tooling and notes. Jim stops by for a day or two a week during transition.

The new address is W3341 S. Cty. Rd. A, Pine River, Wisconsin.

Website, still in progress, is Ruckmachiningservice.com

e-mail is ruckmachining@gmail.com

Tell Ron I sent ya!

Comment

• This seems to be a big factor now for mod folks.. The machinists are retiring, just getting out or are no longer with us.. I am finding out there is hardly anyone left to do the machine work in the west
              Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

• Aeroliner Boat (Electromotive Dealer)

Currently we are developing a kit for the Electromotive ignition system. The prototype ignition components are due in next week. Aeroliner will be offering a complete retrofit kit or just the ignition parts if you want to build your own installation. The systems will be available for the 30, 40 and 44 cubic inch Merc engines.

We also expect the Parker tower reproductions to be available in a couple weeks.

Alan
                Last edited by OldRacerBU; 11-29-2013, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Machinists who know outboards

Yup, I always said, once Jim is done, I'm done, as without his expert work, I can't even freshen one of my own motors... I don't even own a hone, let alone have a big Sunnen floor model one...

Fortunately, Ron stepped up, adding outboards to his snowmobile and other engine work. And, he's a lot younger guy!

So, for you all of you, we have Ron and UPS...

Comment

• We have been running Electomotive ignitions for the last 4yrs. You will never run a Mag again. Have been ultra dependable, no more fouling plugs, no more mags full of water. They are programable. The ones we are using are manually programed, but there is a version that you use a laptop to program with. Uses a very small battery, lasts all day, and has one moving part. They have systems that will work on 2-4-3-6 cyl. 2 strokes. Glad that Alan has taken this project on.
                    Art K

Comment

• Electomotive systems

As Art well knows I am a diehard Mag guy but over the last couple years I find that they take tons of care and feeding and have been an issue for us at a few races this past year. Art kept telling me to switch over to the system he was running so I decided to do it but first, like the engineer I am I wanted to discus the technical aspect of the system before I jumped in.

After a number of Emails and phone conversation to Electromotive I was convinced that was the way to go. During the discussions the subject came up about what dealer handled the racing aspect of the 2 cycle outboards so I could acquire a system to develop the system mounting and flywheel mods. When there rep said they did not have one I inquired about having Aeroliner Boats become an authorized dealer. After a visit to our website they were sold and we are becoming a dealer. We will stock the required components and have them available from our website and at my race trailer during the racing season. The plan is to have a complete kit available that will bolt right on a 30,40 or 44 Merc right at the race site.

Alan

Comment

• Originally posted by OldRacerBU View Post
                        As Art well knows I am a diehard Mag guy but over the last couple years I find that they take tons of care and feeding and have been an issue for us at a few races this past year. Art kept telling me to switch over to the system he was running so I decided to do it but first, like the engineer I am I wanted to discus the technical aspect of the system before I jumped in.

After a number of Emails and phone conversation to Electromotive I was convinced that was the way to go. During the discussions the subject came up about what dealer handled the racing aspect of the 2 cycle outboards so I could acquire a system to develop the system mounting and flywheel mods. When there rep said they did not have one I inquired about having Aeroliner Boats become an authorized dealer. After a visit to our website they were sold and we are becoming a dealer. We will stock the required components and have them available from our website and at my race trailer during the racing season. The plan is to have a complete kit available that will bolt right on a 30,40 or 44 Merc right at the race site.

Alan
                        Sounds like a great deal.. When you get it all sorted out Alan will you post pictures and price options for us all

Comment

• Electromotive

Hi Mike,
                          We will offer the systems two ways. One complete with everything you need including battery and the other as the electronics and timing disk for the folks that want to do there own installation. Prices will be available on our website once things are worked out.

Alan

Comment

• Alan that sounds great.. Let us all know when you are ready to go.. Gee you have a lot of projects with now doing 40 motor oversize pistons and being a Wiseco piston dealer and now this.. Thanks for helping out the Mod folks and especially the Merc guys

Comment

• Electromotive System

Received the first system that will become the installation prototype from Electromotive. I have sent it up to Doug Kay to start the installation work.

Alan

Comment

• Photo of Electromotive system

This is a photo of the major components of the electromotive system. I also came with all the wiring harnesses needed to do the installation. I will post photos when we have completed the installation kit and after installation on the engine.

Alan
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X