X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert
    replied
    Originally posted by DeanFHobart View Post
    Nice looking propeller....... who made it?
    Was told it was a France it does have an “F” stamped into the hub.

Leave a comment:

• DeanFHobart
    replied
    Nice looking propeller....... who made it?

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    One more piece of the puzzle showed up in the mail. Baby steps in the right direction.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    commented on 's reply
    All I was going to put under the clear was the name.
    But that ship has sailed now, it will be over the clear with the numbers.

• mercsami
    replied
    I would not clear coat any graphics that you put on the boat, things change sometimes. It will be easy to pull off any vinyl that you want to change.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    commented on 's reply
    104 before I started paint. Will weigh it again once all hardware is on. No doubt picked up a few pounds in paint and clear. But just look at it. I'm pretty pleased it got a little splash of colour.

• ZUL8TR
    replied
    It looks great beautiful finish. Lets see it running on the water. Would like to know weight, I use bathroom scale at each end and add weights. On pickle I place front scale where your front hand grip oval is. Boat should be level.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you.

• DeanFHobart
    replied
    Wow....nuf said.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    Well after Easter Lunch today I needed to burn some calories...so my parents watched our daughter and I got to sneak out and spray some clear coat.

Next trip up I should have the vinyl cut for numbers and the boat name/logo. Would have liked to have the name under the clear...but I just couldn't pass up the opportunity today to do the work while I had the time. The clear really brought out the wood grain again. Quite happy with how it turned out.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    Couple more pictures just because I’m excited about the paint.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    commented on 's reply
    Pete, went back out and checked the play last night. No perceptible play on the input side or the prop shaft.

Think I’ll re seal it and run it for this year while I get the kinks worked out of the rest of the set up.

• ZUL8TR
    commented on 's reply
    I am very familiar with Y80 gear case and done rebuilds with seals, bearings, gear lash etc and can provide details and tips pulling apart and assembly for your gear case work. Just email me @psushinsky@cfl.rr.com, happy to help.

The prop shaft seal is as you note a 16-35-7mm. It is a single spring loaded lip with a second lip that is a wiper. The drive shaft seal is also the same OD but thicker and also is a single spring loaded lip with a 2nd wiper lip. The prop shaft ball bearing is as you note a 6202 but with C3 clearance (Ric and others recommendation) on the ball and race and is 15-35-11mm The drive shaft bearing is a 6202Z (Z for top shielded). There is a double row caged roller bearing on the outer part of the prop shaft that might be hard to get. The race for that is pressed on the prop shaft and is probably un-ubtanium. hope it is in good condition ;-)

All the ball bearings are available from SKF, also maybe the roller bearing?. Rick should have all the parts you need.

If the prop shaft has no side to side or in out play and the drive shaft is the same I recommend you just do the seals on the DS and prop shaft plus the O ring on the cone and have fun. Cone torque is 60 ft-lbs. Shims are delicate so treat them careful.
    Last edited by ZUL8TR; 08-27-2021, 01:05 PM. Reason: Corrected prop shaft seal thickness to 7mm

• Albert
    commented on 's reply
    Was able to get some part numbers on the bearings and seals required. The roller bearings appear to be standard 6202 skf bearings. The seal is a double lipped 16x30x7mm seal (have found a number on a single lip seal but will find something that's double). Waiting now to try and find and SKF or Timken cross for the needle bearing.
    Still unsure how deep I'm going to tear in, I guess I'll see how quick I can get that other needle bearing and seal. And of course how much it will cost me, as you can imagine there have been some minor cost overruns on this project.
Working...
X