Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert
    replied
    Sometimes you just run out of time before you can keep taping and do the second colour.

We played with tape for hours but ultimately it’s hard to argue with a simple stripe that will split into the white background for the numbers.
    5C6A8F07-4B29-4A1D-9324-FDD5B312FE88.jpeg 06D6B8C7-628C-4C0D-BA87-482F3BDE738B.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    EE1536C0-8CAB-425D-94C7-DAB9746FD614.jpeg Hard to tell from the pictures but the bottom came out much better this time around. The sponsons and sides are great. The middle is still a little marbley but I think I’ll leave it for now and start on the top next time I’m up.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    Thanks guys for the leads, I believe I had a deal secured on a jacket but some postage issues kind of have that in limbo.

As Deeougee said im planing on making it down to race in Maine when the boarder allows, may even be bringing a second boat down with me and another new racer to race 20ss.
    Cut sleeves will be next on the list...

Leave a comment:

• deeougee
    replied
    Brian he needs an up to date jacket. He’s going to race that ride in 20ssh. Looking for cut suit also. He’s around my size 5’10” 175 lbs.

Leave a comment:

• bh/
    replied
    Albert; -if u are still looking for a race jacket, there is a good vintage GENTEX FS in Ottawa on Kijjii. for C$100.
    Not currently legal in APBA racing, but adequate for vintage , and of the same era of your BZ.

Leave a comment:

• bh/
    replied
    Albert; -if u are still looking for a race jacket, there is a good vintage GENTEX FS in Ottawa on Kijjii. for C$100. Not currently legal in APBA racing, but adequate for vintage , and of the same era of your BZ.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    Tom,
    Those are very kind words. Mr Carruthers really showed his skill on this one.

Hoping to spend a day this month painting. If I’m honest I’m going to re spray the clear on the bottom as well. Just not happy with how it came out.

Leave a comment:

• TomSki
    replied
    Howdy Albert. Tom here from Ottawa. I've been admiring your Bezoat resto from the beginning. All I can say is SPECTACULAR JOB!! The level of craftsmanship and detail is second to none. Looking forward to seeing the finished product aa well as some video.
    I am the fortunate custodian of a vintage Bezoat as well. They are a beautiful boat (as are all old race boats).
    cheers
    Tom

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    First time shooting clear coat ...and a new gun. But I think the bottom came out ok. Only 1 small run.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ZUL8TR
    commented on 's reply
    Post some sketches of the tape design and let's see what you came up with, suggestions might be helpful.

• Albert
    commented on 's reply
    Nothing has been cleared yet. I did play with tape for half an hour but haven’t landed on something just right. Stripes will be minimal, nothing over the cowl.

• ZUL8TR
    replied
    What is the design for the colors? Have you clear coated the bottom and sides or will that be done after the colors?

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    Is this thing on?
    Done sanding with 320, one more pass with 600 grit then its time for stripes then a couple coats of clear.
    1609071757_002115bc-d3c9-4229-a0d9-36670c35e4e2_mmthumb.jpeg 1609071721_695e17e5-a7ca-4814-ad92-2dce366a448a_mmthumb.jpeg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    Had half an hour today so went out and did a quick mock-up. Still missing mag locks, a tank bracket and to get my megaphone back from a buddys house. Going to try and fire this up for the first time over Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    Picked this up from Carruthers last night. It was barely snowing outside.

Boat looks amazing, can’t wait to start on paint then get some hardware on this thing. 4D716EEB-71DD-48C6-B1A6-350F59D7EAF7.jpeg
    Last edited by Albert; 02-18-2021, 05:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X