Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert
    replied
    Well the weathers not cooperating, but I headed up to my fathers garage today to do a few little things on my boat and help my father install a water pump on his bow rider and wouldn’t you know it another 20ssh appeared in my absence.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    Lots going on with work this spring but looking to get out next Thursday (Canada Day), just making a few minor adjustments (fin height and carb changes). I figure another dozen laps and the motor should be broken in enough to start seeing what it can do.

We're picking up another 20ssh for my brother later this week, may have it gone through by next week as well. It's exciting times in the Maritimes up here in New Brunswick.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    Originally posted by larry herman View Post
    Looks like Canada, Ah !
    Sure is!
    Can’t wait until it’s legal to invite our cousins in New England to come show us how it’s done.

Leave a comment:

• larry herman
    replied
    Looks like Canada, Ah !

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    https://youtu.be/jmYmZeveDMM
    Short video for those interested.

Leave a comment:

• ZUL8TR
    commented on 's reply
    Good numbers, when you get used to the boat and see how it handles tucked and in the straights try level on the prop shaft.

• Albert
    commented on 's reply
    Timing at 220
    3/4” below
    1.5* kicked in

Actually still looking for a some cut gear...if anyone has a set of sleeves that are going unused.
    Last edited by Albert; 05-25-2021, 02:21 PM.

• ZUL8TR
    replied
    Congratulations it is really great that you did this looks really good and appropriate safety gear. Now its just run and fun time with some tweaks along the way. What height did you set the engine, kicked in, level or out and what do you have the timing full advance set at?

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    0DA0F784-0120-4F12-9236-942FF8138835.jpeg So I guess the question is how did it work? The short answer is that it works great. Only 2 minor glitches all day, lost my fuel cap and once had the motor cut out when I may or may not have shifted to much to look back at the black bezoat (definite moment on dread followed by great relief).
    We didn't bother with GPS or recording laptimes, the water was only good enough to go full throttle for part of the straightaways. Instead I focused on breaking in my engine with pretty gentle laps and only the occasional short bursts of WOT to see how it was going to fly.

My sincere thanks to all those who made this happen. This is a big milestone in the life of the project but really its just the beginning of a new racing life for this great little boat.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    Ok, so sending the black boat out first was a bit of a cop out. So Now it was time to step into the water (by this point it was almost a bomby 60 degrees out ). But did I mention how people feel about quitters?

Here we go, it floats...time to get started.
    8431C53B-A4BB-46C9-969E-614F75000408.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    AC2D9572-6D06-4F3C-8C24-24923F8C021C.jpeg By early afternoon we had all the boats ready to go, a pair of vintage bezoats, one 35 year old Carruthers built boat and one current CSH. So I bolted on my prop, put in the plugs, said a little prayer and after sending the rescue boat out with 2 buoys we decided to send the black bezoat out to check the water conditions.
    Last edited by Albert; 05-25-2021, 05:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    By mid morning we had the boats all in one place and started picking off the last couple things on the to do list on the bezoat. Set the timing on the 80, put a sleeve on the throttle cable. Install the skid fin mount and fin (after Carruthers measured about 5 times to make sure it was bang on). As we were doing this the wind shifted to coming out of the east, this meant the usually very calm water in the testing area was starting to form small rollers. But no one likes a quitter so we carried on.
    95CC72C8-0658-4CAE-9BE9-ABA432F0DF7E.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    3D573118-6B97-4A0C-ABD3-D64B68335321.jpeg The plan since Thursday was to go out and test on Monday. Grandparents were lined up to watch the kiddo, boat was in the trailer and the weather forecast was calling for 60 degrees and almost no wind. I had plans to leave my place about 8am for the drive up with my daughter to pick up the boat.
    Instead my daughter woke up at 5am and there was no getting her back down in her crib so I said screw it lets just pack up and go she may fall asleep in the car. That's when I opened the door to go put the carseat in and noticed the hard frost on my windshield.
    Well no one likes a quitter, so into the car she went (fortunately slept most of the hour up once we were moving) and we landed and the grandparents a little after 7. We passed the Old Cocagne Regatta race course on the say up and the water had barely a ripple.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    Tom,
    I'm jealous of my fathers back yard as well. Only thing is it's salt water...still better than the cow pasture in my back yard tough.

Progress keeps coming painted the steering bar and got my skid fin mount sorted last night.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    commented on 's reply
    I'm jealous of my fathers back yard as well. Only thing is it's salt water...still better than the cow pasture in my back yard tough.
Working...
X