Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat is looking good

Hi Mike,
    The boat is looking great. Can't wait to try the C MOD Merc on it. Hopefully we will post some videos of the races at Centralia from last weekend. Below is a photo of the Speedliner that David and I built a couple years ago. We ran it in C MOD with a 20-H to help fill the field. We had great races at the NBRA event.

Alan
    Attached Files

Comment

I am now ready to install the deck. Test fit the steering wheel and throttle. Had to put the steering wheel higher than I wanted to since it is so big. The beast would not clear the throttle. I think it came out of my first car, a 1959 Pontiac Catalina with manual steering.

Anyway tomorrow the deck starts going on but some folks from Sweden just showed up. We met them when they bought C Mod plans from us and now they are here to try some Montana Flyfishing and to see some wildlife. May have to take a couple days off
      Attached Files
      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Steering wheel

Hi Mike,
        I have found a new wheel for the boat. Have an old Ford Pinto and it should work well. We like the DeSilva hubs and this was the last new one we had. Most likely we will go down a couple inches in diameter when were ready to go racing. Boat looks great. Will check to see if it can be picked up or I will have to go on a Sunday ride. Picture is of the C MOD race at last weeks NBRA race. White L-7 is running third at this point. There were 3 Mercs in the field.

Alan
        Attached Files
        Last edited by OldRacerBU; 08-17-2011, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Deck is on and now doing a final sanding for epoxy and varnish.
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks nice. Nice job, Mike!
            Sean Byrne

Comment

The wife and I could not wait any more so we put the new boat on the scales. For an all wood boat not bad.. If you don't want it Alan we will send back your money The one weight is without hardware and the other one is with hardware..
              Attached Files

Comment

Weight

Hi Mike,
                You follow instruction very well. Great job!! As I said I wanted to keep it under 200 lbs and I am getting my son the driver to loose 100 lbs. I my old age I think thats what I said but I'm not sure. Well you hit the target right on your prediction. I hope the driver and engine will do it well.

Alan
                Last edited by OldRacerBU; 08-19-2011, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I know somewhere in my E-mails you said you were hoping for 120 lbs with hardware. I think it should be a little under that when totally done but it will not be able to play bumper cars with other boats but if you are way out in front it should not be a problem

Comment

Great Boat

Hi Mike,
                    With a 30 inch Merc it will be a task. The engine is running good and with the heavy D/E boat we took a couple thirds with an 8 boat field and 3 Mercs in it.

Alan

Comment

Great work !!

CMH. 61R
                      Short Fuze Racing
                      Team Darneille
                      ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
                      IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

Hi Alan. You know that you are going to have to take a spin in competition with this new beauty. If Pete Voss still runs 500 runabout and won 175 runabout this year in Pro and in his mid 70s, you should be able to run also. My wife says I can attend a race and WATCH, but, not race. Health reasons also prohibit running any longer.

Comment

Maybe run again?

Hi Al,
                          I think I will have to try it one day. Mike has done an outstanding job building the new boat. Weight is right on target and hopefully we can get it running for the NBRA long course nationals here in early Sept. Going to have to do a great dewal of work with props. Right now we are runing 1:1 but most likely will have to go back to 16:21's and also test there.

Alan

Comment

Last set of pictures before boat is finished..Just need to install hardware and windshield..The plan is to run it the rest of this year and then paint it white so it has one coat of epoxy and two coats of varnish to protect the wood till the final paint is applied.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Great Job!!!

Hi Mike,
                              Boat really looks great. It will get it first testing and racing at the NBRA long course nationals. Now if I can get the driver to loose 20 lbs by that time we will be close. Hopefully the Merc 30 cubic inch MOD engine will do well.

Alan

Comment

If you decide you don't like after getting it home, let me know because I'll take it!
                                Chris Fabbro 2-F CSR / Carson Fabbro 95-F 25ssr, CSR, CSH, 300SSH / Greg Fabbro 63-F CSR, 25SSR

Comment

Working...
                                X