Montana RaceCraft latest project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Boat

Thanks for the offer Chris. I assume it will that about 10 years before we make that decision so to ease your desire I suggest you order one of Mikes works of art. That way you will know if you want the one he built for me.

Alan

Comment

You can come and get it now Alan.. Hopefully skid fin will be here shortly.

Now it is time to get ready for our boat race this weekend!

There is no kill switch or throttle cable since they are kind of engine sensitive and don't know what mercs need.
      Attached Files
      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Less than 30 days from start to finish. That must be a new speed record for you
        Sean Byrne

Comment

nice

looks great Mike. love the wood grain on that one.
          Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

Looks Great

Mike,

Looks good. 30 days is pretty standard for building a boat if you can be at it often enough. Now once they make glue that is as good as west system, we can speed up the process.

Hope to see it in Oklahoma.
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

New Boat

Hi Mike and Dave,
              If I cant arrange transportation for it then I will start up to MT this weekend. Should arrive after Mike gets back from the race up his way this weekend. I have the kill switch and hopefully the fin will arrive shortly. Be nice to give it its first run at the NBRA long course nationals. It will be fun to see it hit bthe water nfor the first time. 30 days is a great effort.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by seanp3 View Post
                Less than 30 days from start to finish. That must be a new speed record for you
                Trust me Sean I don't want to make 30 days a habbit.. You basically have to stop living for a month.. Many times I worked on it till 11 or 12 at night and up at 6 to start again.. Time to devote some time to my ailing racing season and drink some more home brew

Comment

Boat up next

Hi Mike,
                  One day we will have to start talking about the next project. This will be a bigger boat that could handle my 75-H Mod engine or larger! Be nice if it weighed about 100 lbs! LOL. This could be a winter project.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by OldRacerBU View Post
                    Hi Mike,
                    One day we will have to start talking about the next project. This will be a bigger boat that could handle my 75-H Mod engine or larger! Be nice if it weighed about 100 lbs! LOL. This could be a winter project.

Alan
                    Very funny and your sons diet starts when?? The editor of our paper was just here to do a article about our race this weekend but he really likes your new boat!

Comment

New Boat

Actually my son is cutting down on the food intake. I love the new boat. Maybe it will stay all natural for a while. Sure is impressive the way it looks now. By the way do you think you could build the big boat in 20 days? If the weight is the issue then we can work on time! LOL. We will get some good photos with the engine installed at the NBRA OK race and post them.

Alan

Comment

Very very very nice Mike .

CMH. 61R
                        Short Fuze Racing
                        Team Darneille
                        ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
                        IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

Great Job Dad!!!!!! I have always loved your wood work! That boat looks awesome with it's natural wood color!!!!!! Your so good at what you do
                          April- Just another Montana Racer.

Comment

the wood grain will really bring out the sponsors logos RFA and lifeline stuck on the sides, great looking boat Mike
                            Jeff

Comment

This ends the latest MRC project.. It will now be in route to Oklahoma for the NBRA nationals
                              Attached Files

Comment

New boat

Hi Mike,
                                It seems like it is ready for the C MOD wars. Boat is outstanding and we will put the finishing items on it at the race site. Have a kill switch,engine tieback and throttle hookup ready. The boat is outstanding and I might have to keep it the way it is and not go to white like the others we run. Looking forward to getting my hands on that work of art.

I have to thank all that loaded the boat and Roy for transporting it to the NBRA long course nationals. Next week will be a fun week!

Alan
                                Last edited by OldRacerBU; 09-01-2011, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X