Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Boat

Hi Dave,
    It will be a long shot to get the boat ready for OK. Have to pick it up after Centralia and then do all the finishing on it. Be great to run it this year but next year for sure. Might make Quincy if its ready.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
      Mike,

You are a chronic complainer. In the winter it is to cold, in the summer it is to hot. Hehehehhe.

Should you have any questions how to keep it to 100 pounds give me a shout. If I posted it I am sure some would find issues with the process.. seems that is always the case with folks who post tech stuff.

Looks good !!!

Alan, hope it makes the trip to Oklahoma. Tell the boy he can turn the wheel on this one and she will turn on a dime, and probably keep the sponsons up.
      Seems that working with epoxy it is either to cold or to hot here. I have both catalists ( slow and fast) and if the temp would be a nice 50-70 the stuff would be easy to work with .. I am trying to get it ready as soon as possible for Alan but with a lot of races coming up I don't know if I can make it.

Hope to be turning it over middle of next week.. I tell you this Engleman Spruce is really helping with the weight. I will be curious to see it on the scales. This will fly but it will not be made for bumper car races!! Stay away from the SOA boys
      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Hey alan I was the one that was pitted next to you at the garnett race this year. Great to see that you are getting a new boat, are you going to be going to Macalaster OK here in september with your new boat??

Comment

New Boat

Well if mike gets it finished one option will be to drive from Centralia to Montana but that is a long week. Might save some time. The Boat will have to be finished at home and not sure there will be time between race to get it complete. I sold the Hemp and have to deliver it to Centralia so I will have a slot in the trailer for it. We will see how things work out!

Alan

Comment

right on! I would say that if you wanted to wait you could maybe have our trailer bring it down to oaklahoma for you?? shoot me a call alan 425-233-5115

Comment

Another Hydro to go along with the Mod

Alan and I purchased this boat four or five years ago and stuck into storage. Well a few weeks ago we were downsizing our storage and we took a closer look at this old warrior. It is a short sponson Sid Craft vingtage unknown. Some one tried to make into a pickle fork but lucky for us he stopped early in the process. I have started to restore the boat and have found all of the correct hardware. Hope to have it done in the next couple of weeks.
              Attached Files

Comment

Latest pictures.. Thats it till Monday.. Have to take the rest of the week off to go boat racing. Imagine that!!!!!! Sorry Alan. Got the seats for the adjustable needles so I will be ready for testing at our Trout Creek race. Thank you.
                Attached Files

Comment

Looking Great

Hi Mike,
                  Hope testing goes well. Love your rig also. Good luck at the race. I will be sending hardware up the end of this week.

Alan

Comment

You never really said but I guess you want it race ready? I really think it would look good with some blue and yellow!! I have it in stock. When would Tyler be picking it up and what is your boat number?

Comment

new hydro

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                      I am working like crazy but the heat is killing me. I had to get up early just to get the bottom glued on before the epoxy went off..
                      Nice hydro and F4U Corsair model
                      "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
                      No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Number

Hi Mike,
                        My number is 7-L. If it is race ready that will be great. If you can't get hardware on then I can do the installation. Transportation will not be final for about 2 weeks. Still might have to run up your way if they don't have room on the trailer.

Alan

Comment

New Boat

Hi Mike,
                          My number is 7-L. The transportation is still not all worked out. In about two weeks I will know if they have room in the trailer. If not I will be taking a ride. Race ready would be great but if you can't get it all rigged then I can finish it. You will get a wheel and throttle from me and the rest direct shipped from Portage Bay.

Alan

Comment

No problem if Steve does not have everything or I need something before it gets here I have a complete new set of hardware sitting here that I got from Steve and have not used yet. Only thing I am short of is the throttle.

Comment

If you guys are trying to save as much weight as possible, why not use Lee Tietze's Billet Aluminum hardware? It doesn't get much prettier, lighter and stronger than his stuff.
                              Sattler Racing R-15
                              350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                              TEAM VRP
                              The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Originally posted by pro350hydro View Post
                                If you guys are trying to save as much weight as possible, why not use Lee Tietze's Billet Aluminum hardware? It doesn't get much prettier, lighter and stronger than his stuff.
                                Its what the owner wants and plus the driver is on a diet to lose 20lbs, right Alan!

Comment

Working...
                                X