• Show
Clear All

• Montana RaceCraft latest project

Here is a new boat being build for Allan... C Mod monster
    Attached Files
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

C-modster nice .

Forgive me but with region is Allan, Mike .

CMH. 61R
    Short Fuze Racing
    Team Darneille
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
    IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Steve View Post
      C-modster nice .

Forgive me but with region is Allan, Mike .
      Way down south in the state of Louisiana

Comment

C project

The boat is really starting to take shape. This item will replace a Hemp that was to big for our needs and put us a little to much over weight. Below are photos of the C and D Mercs Doug Kay built last winter. The C can be found by looking at the lower units. The D has a shaved one. Mike, look at the way we do our fuel pump systems.

We run mostly in NBRA and at least once in APBA a year up at the IOA race at Hillsdale MI. The D engine is running well and is competive at the present time while the C still needs to be setup with a ligher boat and then some prop work.
        Alan

I will post photos later.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by OldRacerBU; 07-31-2011, 12:03 PM.

Comment

This I want to see. A cmod on the back pf this boat is gunna flyl
          Sean Byrne

Comment

My goal is to try and make an all wood boat that will be as close to 100LBS as possible. Then all Allan has to do is keep it on the water

Comment

Mike,

You're just one of those guys who will never "Retire".

Keep up the good work.
              Blue Thunder 55U - Sharky 97R
              sigpic

Comment

New Boat

The NBRA folks will most likely be running A MOD runabout at the long course nationals so we have decided to run one of our runabouts with a 20-H on it. Hopefully we will get 5 boats at least. My brother David an I have been building the Speedliner M-510 since 1965 and this boat is one we built a couple years ago.

Alan
                Attached Files
                Last edited by OldRacerBU; 08-05-2011, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Alan, First question is how do you feed the upper fuel pump.. Maybe I am missing something. Is there a third line coming off the lower fuel pump?

Second I think the Ethanol fuel usage is great for racing and the promotion of the sport so how do I get some of the stickers?

Comment

Fuel system on 30 and 40

Hi Mike,
                    We will get the stickers to you. I have a couple but we will make sure you get a bunch. I have checked the fuel systems in two engines and have not found any issue with them. All is normal.

If you look close we us the mercury fuel pumps with three ports. On the lower pump all three ports are used and the upper only two. If you don't have one I will send one to you. Fuel goes into the top of the lower pump and out the front top port to the lower carb. Fuel then will bypass the lower pump and goes out the aft port to the aft port of the top pump. The center port is plugged. The front port delivers fuel to the upper carb. Then both carbs are tied together so you wind up with a very balanced fuel flow and pressure to both carbs.

Alan
                    Last edited by OldRacerBU; 08-05-2011, 04:19 PM.

Comment

How are you getting the boat from Montana to Louisiana?
                      Chris Fabbro 2-F CSR / Carson Fabbro 95-F 25ssr, CSR, CSH, 300SSH / Greg Fabbro 63-F CSR, 25SSR

Comment

Long trip

Well have made two trips to Montana to pick up racing parts from a friend in Philipsburg. From Lake Charles it is about a 2400 mile drive one way. Most likely will take the motor home but might do it in the pickup to save some money on gas and can travel faster. It is a great trip to make and to see a wonderful part of the country. From Lake charles we go west to Houston then north up through Dallas, then into Kansas. From there we go west to Colorado. Then north again up through Billings and then over to Mikes place. Should be able to make it in 7 days.

Alan
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by OldRacerBU; 08-02-2011, 02:16 AM.

Comment

I am working like crazy but the heat is killing me. I had to get up early just to get the bottom glued on before the epoxy went off..
                          Attached Files

Comment

C MOD Progress

HI Mike,
                            Boat looks great! Should be a fun ride. The boat from where your at now looks like we will meet the weight target. Now I have to work on my son to loose about 20 lbs. Well thats the hard job.

Alan

Comment

Chronic Complainer

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                              I am working like crazy but the heat is killing me. I had to get up early just to get the bottom glued on before the epoxy went off..
                              Mike,

You are a chronic complainer. In the winter it is to cold, in the summer it is to hot. Hehehehhe.

Should you have any questions how to keep it to 100 pounds give me a shout. If I posted it I am sure some would find issues with the process.. seems that is always the case with folks who post tech stuff.

Looks good !!!

Alan, hope it makes the trip to Oklahoma. Tell the boy he can turn the wheel on this one and she will turn on a dime, and probably keep the sponsons up.
                              Dave Mason
                              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                              X