Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your welcome!

Originally posted by Russ Birch 45R View Post
    I think all of you are getting worked up on the inter net might be good for you ?

but if you have something IMPORTANT to say about the TOHATSU I wish you would forward it to me at (bmagic555@comcast.net) as I'am putting together a case for the meeting in L.A.
    It does keep me laughing, we call it the Daren Eddy show or the honeymooners.
    As we say at the AOF office have fun and keep on boating.
    Executive Director
    Russ Bircher 45-R/151-R

I am glad I can provide some entertainment for you guys.......
    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ryan_4z View Post
      It is a "D" stock parity committee, not a get the Tohatsu out front committee. Both sides should be represented.
      you are right Ryan, BUT it should also NOT BE "put the Tohatsu in the back" committee.............

bottom line, run them both equal.............same weight and no prop shaft height restrictions...........
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 14-H View Post
        Darren: The word is "adamant"... and you're right.

Big Deal! That is not the yardstick, Darren. Ed.
        nice response Mr. Chairman........
        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 14-H View Post
          Darren: NO ONE on the Commission or any committee thereof is un-biased. If you haven't figured that out yet, you're really behind the power curve. Ed.
          well then, you should re-evaluate who YOU put on the parity committee's............
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• Parity committee

Daren: I think you are way off base with this. A committee is a group of people with different opinions on issues. Who exactly was Ed supposed to put on committee? What would be the point of having a "parity" committee with people that are all pro-Tohatsu? Shouldn't people that might have a slightly differnet view on things be allowed to voice opinions? When I set up nationals committee, I purposly put people in that I sometimes did not agree with....these people have been a great help to me, as they are not "rubber stamping" ideas that I have. Is this not what a committee supposed to do?

Comment

• I think NOT!!

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
              Daren: I think you are way off base with this. A committee is a group of people with different opinions on issues. Who exactly was Ed supposed to put on committee? What would be the point of having a "parity" committee with people that are all pro-Tohatsu? Shouldn't people that might have a slightly differnet view on things be allowed to voice opinions? When I set up nationals committee, I purposly put people in that I sometimes did not agree with....these people have been a great help to me, as they are not "rubber stamping" ideas that I have. Is this not what a committee supposed to do?

you actually think that having a 44XS owner on the committee to decide on what needs to be done to make the Tohatsu competitive is just Davey? If you and Ed can read, there should NOT be a Merc or Tohatsu racer on the committee.............or, if there is, to be fair, should also be a Tohatsu racer on the committee............so it is not so one-sided.
              Last edited by mercguy; 01-14-2007, 09:06 PM.
              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• parity

Jeesh Darren....of course I can read...and I would assume Ed can also. I cannot speak for him, but shouldn't there be a 44XS driver/owner on committee to evaluate changes to Tohatsu? What is the point of putting people on committee that have no idea how a 44XS perfoms in relation to a Tohatsu? I have not seen the parity list. but I would bet Ed would be willing to include a Tohatsu driver/owner if needed...

Comment

• Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                  Jeesh Darren....of course I can read...and I would assume Ed can also. I cannot speak for him, but shouldn't there be a 44XS driver/owner on committee to evaluate changes to Tohatsu? What is the point of putting people on committee that have no idea how a 44XS perfoms in relation to a Tohatsu? I have not seen the parity list. but I would bet Ed would be willing to include a Tohatsu driver/owner if needed...

read my entire last statement Dave..........
                  Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• Statement

I am not sure which statement you want me to read....

Comment

• OK..........riddle me this then.........

so, you have Wheeler on the committee to base the performance of the 44XS motor..............who then represents the Tohatsu performance? They used dyno figures to impose the restrictions, which only shows powerhead figures, not complete motor figures (on the race course), which includes the gearcase. Imposing the "horrible" height restriction on the Bass unit "could have" resulted in some serious injuries, if not for a veteran driver backing off. Were there figures given with various heights running a Bass lower unit? Point is AGAIN, the decision favored the Merc.........not a parity. And do not tell me I am only being one sided for the Tohatsu, I am not, as I just wanted it to have a fair and equal chance, thus given potential new DSH racers (like me) a fair chance. With the way the restrictions are now, why would anyone buy a new Tohatsu, knowing it does not have a chance.........

definition of parity: the quality or state of being equal or equivalent

anyways, I am done with this topic with Ed and you and have written up my info and will be provided at the National Meeting.........
                      Last edited by mercguy; 01-14-2007, 09:34 PM.
                      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                        I am not sure which statement you want me to read....

type all you want now, I am done (so everybody should be happy now).........
                        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• parity

Ok....I read what you had to say. Ed asked the various drivers of the Tohatsu last year to submit data as to handling, acceleration, etc etc etc What is the big problem with starting out setup a little on the conservative side? I am simply not getting why you are so riled up over this...You were not at the national meetings where Ed stood up for the new motor.....

Comment

• one last time........I promise.......again.........

Ok....I read what you had to say. Ed asked the various drivers of the Tohatsu last year to submit data as to handling, acceleration, etc etc etc What is the big problem with starting out setup a little on the conservative side? I am simply not getting why you are so riled up over this...You were not at the national meetings where Ed stood up for the new motor.....
                            you call 1" conservative? I call it dangerous and has been proven! Also, I did not say a **** thing of Ed NOT standing up for the Tohatsu, as I understand that. Go run your 44XS and current props at 1".........get back to me on your results................

you ain't changing my mind..............see ya in Bakersfield.

PS: the data HAS been provided by the "various drivers"...........to you, Ed and the rest of the committee......
                            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• what a pissing match

First off it's not very often that I pipe in here but........

I've been reading this thread as to where "stock" outboard racing "could" go in the future, with motors available or classes combined or whatever, but since this has got to be a pissing match, somewhat over the DSH class may I be allowed to say a few words...

The last boycott I saw at a race was in or around '74 when a OPC with the same cubes as a FOH (1100ccH) the outboarders did not want this boat/ motor combo to run with them,as they thought they would get screwed, well they worked it out and the OPC took a s##t pile of water in the first turn and did not win any of the heats, that said, I heard through the grapevine about the stuff about the winter nationals last year when the Tohasu was there.

Now I'm sure there are many versions of this story,I WAS NOT THERE (read that again) but the word from racers around the country that came through my land line was, there are a number of racers who DO NOT want the Tohasu in the D class.

Well thats fine and all but we are in a dying sport (got water?) with No new production racing motors(so to speak) we have the used Yamoto's, the fishing Merc's and the "east coast" sidewinders or whatever you call the hot rod.

There are so many other sports available to our families to participate in now, and others that you can watch on TV such as NFL,NBA, NASCAR, NHRA,PRO Tennis, PGA, soccer, ping pong and whatever else you can think of, so the 20 or so that we somehow manage to get hooked into our sport a year we should be D##M great full for and we show them this?? racers going back and forth on this and that?, good thing they dont know all the in and outs the first few years or they will sell the JH/ASH,CSH and buy a lot in Alaska and a canoe and say F### all of this.
                              Mr. Scott, Mr. Palmqusit and the rest of you "eastern" D guys, gee so sorry, Sid Bass has worked his ass off to make a racing motor available to any one
                              who orders one, all Sid has tried to do for 20 plus years is make racing parts (gear cases ect.) available to the racers,and now a complete motor, why? because he is a true racer at heart. nothing more nothing less ( well I'm sure someday he would like to make a little bank on this) and for Russ, Troy, Dean-Daren, and the other people on the east side of the Mississippi who's name I cannot come up right now forgive me, who DO believe in this project, shame on the rest you racers not to at least pony up and run against this motor.It is a great motor for the class and has a great future
                              Daren you speak of parity committee,
                              well I think that the wrong names are on that, but I'm just an old fart who has seen many classes come and go,and I would suggest some new-old blood on the committee who have the "balls" to speak openly like Susan Rautenberg, Tom Cronk, Rick Hannon, Craig Bowman ,and Ernie Dawe. Is Leah Fernell still out there?, (wow five people who don't race the class but know what the hell they're talking about !!) you guys might laugh at this list but there is So many years of racing experience there, they would most likely make the right choices as to how this motor should be accepted the the D class.

Ed, I know we have gone a round or two over the years, but you DO look out for the future of our sport, whether I agree or not, at least you keep an open mind.

J-Dub, great Seahawks party today, good to see so many racers there.

Thanks for listening...

Carl
                              94-R

Comment

• Daren, The parity committee based the restrictions on the only data that it had "at the time". Now that more data is available, the appropriate changes will be made. Until next year! John
                                John Runne
                                2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Working...
                                X