No announcement yet.

Stock Chairman's Long Term Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Ron Hill;70781]Sheila Schaub: Showing my age.... I know your mom and dad...and Brad....but how many more of you are there? I think, I thought I was talking to your sister....I never knew she married the Body Shop owner, but I guess that is "POW"...Odds are he never finished the Corvette, anyway...

Ron: There are 5 kids in our family - Michele, Doug, Sharon, Myself, and Brad. Michele was married to Rick Zimmerman "Zip" used to race 120's. I grew up hearing many good things about you from my parents. Norm reads HR practically every day. He and Mom are down in Naples from now til May. Take care Mr. Hill, hope to see you at a race or two this year.
    She
    Member - Team Red

Looking forward to feeling better later!

Go big or go home!

2nd Sux!

"Sorry For Partying"

Comment

• Originally posted by mercguy View Post
      nice response Mr. Chairman........
      14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

• Originally posted by mercguy View Post
        bottom line, run them both equal.............same weight and no prop shaft height restrictions...........
        Darren: What analysis did you undertake to determine that this would be equal? Or is that just your "unbiased" opinion?

As I said, the Chairman's job is up for grabs. Care to put your money where your mouth is??? It's been a while since we've had a Left-Coast Chairman. Ed.
        14-H

Comment

• [QUOTE=14-H;71338]As I said, the Chairman's job is up for grabs. QUOTE]

Having just thought about this right before I read this post I find this whole thread hilarious. Just think, there are over 230 posts about the "Long Term Plan" of a Chairman who is in his last year. It makes the whole thing kind of ludicrious. We are all gettin hyped up about Ed's plan, and he isn't even going to be there to try and see it through.
          Ryan Runne
          9-H
          Wacusee Speedboats
          ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

• [QUOTE=ryan_4z;71342]
            Originally posted by 14-H View Post
            *** We are all gettin hyped up about Ed's plan, and he isn't even going to be there to try and see it through.
            Ryan: regardless if I'm Chairman or not, it'd never get passed. Too many people have turf to protect. If I thought it had a chance of being adopted, I might put up with this thankless job for another 2 years. But I think it's somebody else's turn. Ed.
            14-H

Comment

• Next WEEK!!!

The APBA Convention is next week, I think...AS I haven't been there this week and didn't plan to miss it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 14-H View Post
                this thankless job
                Thanks Ed, you're doing a great job!
                Last edited by jeff55v; 01-20-2007, 10:43 AM. Reason: oops

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX
                  Any word from LA? How is King Ed doing saving the sport? Did he get his Dad something for up top?

Mike Barrett
                  Mike: Having second thoughts about checking myself into the local psych ward for thinking about appointing you. You don't even have the right date for the meeting. Nice! Ed.
                  14-H

Comment

• Meeting Is on Track...

Bill and Kaye Boyes are in town early...Jim Harris and I were up there today... Roger Carr is wondering of Pat Bowman and I a "DOING" Breackfast on Thursday, Friday and and Saturday...Roger said, Pat Whitcomb has our back if we are "No Shows"...

Meetings should be great....

I pushing power trim in Set down and capsuled Mod's..

I pushing for SST 45 Marathon, like Sport C...

I pushing for free beer at all races.

I pushing for MOD VP Local...V-6 outboard class with no nose cones, 3" below the bottom prop shaft rule.

Did I say FREE BEER???

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Hill View Post
                      ADD: So, he never finished the Corvette!!!! (he seemed so sincere)..
                      Ron: I asked my Dad and my sister Michele-(soon to be unzipped) about the Vet, they said Zip sold it to his friend Eddie Kissinger, whom he bought thier house from. Eddie than had the vet fixed up and still has it. BTW the family says "HI".
                      She
                      Member - Team Red

Looking forward to feeling better later!

Go big or go home!

2nd Sux!

"Sorry For Partying"

Comment

• Mike,
                        Where have you been? I've missed You!
                        Peanut
                        P.S. Call me!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX
                          ***I have lots of questions for R. Steven as should all boatracers that care about the sport Edward. ***!
                          Mike: The position of president covers a broader spectrum than the position of SO Chairman. So, while I am interested in issues that are going on in other categories, I am not heavily involved in them unless they affect SO.

Nevertheless, as you have so many questions for the President, I assume that these have been generated from your review of the agenda for the Annual Meeting of Members since you requested that be provided to you from the national office, right? You also have submitted quite a few items for consideration on that agenda too, right???? *pause* delay* silence....

I thought so. Ed.
                          14-H

Comment

• I have been following this Parity thing with the 44XS and the Tohatsu. And I just don’t get it. I’m not going to rant-and-rave about it; I might rant or I might rave, but I promise I won’t do both. I’m old enough to have been around when you ran either a Merc or a Hot Rod in B Stock and B Mod. Both motors had specs on file. It was the drivers responsibility that his motor met mechanical specs, in other words was legal. Set it up on a boat as the driver saw fit and “Let the best man (or woman) win”. I ran mostly Pro but in stock I ran a Mercury and in Mod I ran both. In Pro I had Quincy, Konig, Yamato, 350 cc’s motors, I'd hang it on the back of the boat as I felt best and “Let the best man (or woman) win”. I was talking to Sid Bass on the phone about a lower unit for my SE/FE project the other day and asked about price and delivery of a new Tohatsu D. I think the price is very reasonable for a new racing motor. Especially since I’ll have just about that much in my 49” OMC, which if it were an automobile, would qualify for antique license plates. If I do buy a Tohatsu, I can say this, the boat it’s on will probably never have an APBA sticker on the side, I’ll run AOF, NBRA or whatever, this parity is a bunch of BS. Hang the motor on the back of the boat and: “Let the best man (or woman) win”.

Comment

• Originally posted by T Chance View Post
                              I have been following this Parity thing with the 44XS and the Tohatsu. And I just don’t get it. I’m not going to rant-and-rave about it; I might rant or I might rave, but I promise I won’t do both. I’m old enough to have been around when you ran either a Merc or a Hot Rod in B Stock and B Mod. Both motors had specs on file. It was the drivers responsibility that his motor met mechanical specs, in other words was legal. Set it up on a boat as the driver saw fit and “Let the best man (or woman) win”. I ran mostly Pro but in stock I ran a Mercury and in Mod I ran both. In Pro I had Quincy, Konig, Yamato, 350 cc’s motors, I'd hang it on the back of the boat as I felt best and “Let the best man (or woman) win”. I was talking to Sid Bass on the phone about a lower unit for my SE/FE project the other day and asked about price and delivery of a new Tohatsu D. I think the price is very reasonable for a new racing motor. Especially since I’ll have just about that much in my 49” OMC, which if it were an automobile, would qualify for antique license plates. If I do buy a Tohatsu, I can say this, the boat it’s on will probably never have an APBA sticker on the side, I’ll run AOF, NBRA or whatever, this parity is a bunch of BS. Hang the motor on the back of the boat and: “Let the best man (or woman) win”.
                              There is one major flaw with your comparisons. The Merc and the Tohatsu are very different in both Horse Power and displacement. None of the other classes you mentioned are.
                              Ryan Runne
                              9-H
                              Wacusee Speedboats
                              ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

• DSH differences

Ryan,
                                I ask you to think back to the Quincy and the differences in horsepower for the Konig's. They just whupped us to beat the band in the dawning of them foreeneerrrrr engines. You either continued on with the Quincy or you went out and bought a German marvel. Anyone who wanted to win at that onset of the change did just that.

Today the Rossi's, the VRP's and Konny, and Yamato motors and others are beating the Konig's and sometimes the Konig's beat them all. The horsepower differences from motor to motor I'd be willing to bet are substantial. But, every Title Series race one or the other motor wins and the other guys sometimes wins with a better setup and or prop vs. the horsepower. Parity I don't think so. Every engine is different the only sameness is the cc's.

Horsepower differences without a doubt.

Ray

Comment

Working...
                                X