Stock Chairman's Long Term Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Daren

Generally, in Stock, there are a few more hydro drivers than runabout drivers in each class. In D, the disparity is the greatest. How come more DSH guys don't drive DSR?

You're a runabout and hydro guy, moving up to DSH. Russ Bircher has done a great job trying to get DSR going out our way. Are you going to run both?
    Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
    sigpic
    Portland, Oregon
    Johnson Racing

Comment

• Originally posted by mercguy View Post
      Eddy my boy, I was NOT just refering to the Tohatsu issue, but also of the C stock issue, which you ARE basing your decisions on. I should have made myself more clear on that. I understand you making appropriate changes with the Tohatsu D issue, based on info from Reg10, where they are more prominant.

isn't the point of a parity to have a decision made by un-biased thoughts? How can that be with a devoted 44XS racer involved?

..............I guess you MUST be right, I DO NOT know what I am talking about, so make your comments and decisions based on that, as you know it all........
      Darren,

I think you should give Mark a little more credit than that. He is going to do what he feels is best for the sport, not just sit there and look out for his own personal interest.

As far as Ed's veiws on CSH, don't look at the East Coast. Myself and a handful of other 302 drivers said don't mess with it.
      Ryan Runne
      9-H
      Wacusee Speedboats
      ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

• D Runabout Suggestions

575 Overall weight
        1 3/8 below the bottom for the propshaft
        Fins must be on the BOTTOM where they belong
        At least a 12 inch HIGH SIDE, like DeSilva Boats had.
        22 Inch bottom MAXIMUM width
        14 feet long
        Tohatsu ONLY

Pass this as THE NEW D Runabout and I'll have Bill Boyes build me a boat and I'llrace D Runabout....and Chad can drive it...

As Ernie Dawe said in 1995..Keep new engines in STOCK, move OLDER engines to MOD and COMBINE CLASSES. I'll add and restrict older motors with carb plates, transom heights and such....

ADD: YO 400's get'm in the water we'ver got racing to do....

Comment

• sure........

Originally posted by Cameraboy View Post
          Generally, in Stock, there are a few more hydro drivers than runabout drivers in each class. In D, the disparity is the greatest. How come more DSH guys don't drive DSR?

You're a runabout and hydro guy, moving up to DSH. Russ Bircher has done a great job trying to get DSR going out our way. Are you going to run both?

I would run DSR if there were enough interest and I had room in my trailer. As it is now, I already 5 boats, so no more room. If I do not sell my Dawe runabout, I might just try the Tohatsu on it........

PS: actually I do not want to race any more classes, as I am trying to cut back as it is....
          Last edited by mercguy; 01-14-2007, 09:37 AM.
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ryan_4z View Post
            Darren,

I think you should give Mark a little more credit than that. He is going to do what he feels is best for the sport, not just sit there and look out for his own personal interest.

As far as Ed's veiws on CSH, don't look at the East Coast. Myself and a handful of other 302 drivers said don't mess with it.
            Ryan, like I did say, I have nothing bad to say about Mark at all. He is a terrific guy, but just do not think it is "right" having a true "diehard" 44XS owner on the committee. I could be very wrong (probably on alot of things), but just do not think it is fair. I will drop my ranting now and let things proceed as them may.
            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Darren,

Ryan, as to the 302 issue with Ed, he was "animate" on basing his decision on a few other "prominant" 102 drivers with their decision not to run a 302. I am sure the West Coast (atleast Reg10) has said do not mess with the 302 issue and have heard a couple guys from out your way saying the same thing, so hopefully this is enough........but doubt it.

PS: I would be willing to wage a beat and say a 302 WILL win the Winter Nat's....
              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX
                ****The simple fact that your Daddy doesn't do a thing and should be ACCOUNTABLE. ***

PS: Didn't your Daddy suspend me for pissing people off ultimately? What makes it OK for you to piss people off King Edward?
                Mike: Come to the annual meeting of members and move to impeach him, then. * * * * * * * * * Interesting that you, Mike, would take issue with ANYONE doing nothing or pissing people off. Seems that you are an expert at those things.

BTW: You STILL don't know why you were suspended? What do they say about those who don't know history are bound to repeat it??? Good luck, Mikey!
                14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

***302 issue with Ed, he was "animate" ***
                  Darren: The word is "adamant"... and you're right.

Originally posted by mercguy

PS: I would be willing to wage a beat and say a 302 WILL win the Winter Nat's....
                  Big Deal! That is not the yardstick, Darren. Ed.
                  14-H

Comment

***I would NOT want to be on the committee, as I would not have an un-biased opinion.........

***?
                    Darren: NO ONE on the Commission or any committee thereof is un-biased. If you haven't figured that out yet, you're really behind the power curve. Ed.
                    14-H

Comment

Ryan, like I did say, I have nothing bad to say about Mark at all. He is a terrific guy, but just do not think it is "right" having a true "diehard" 44XS owner on the committee. I could be very wrong (probably on alot of things), but just do not think it is fair. I will drop my ranting now and let things proceed as them may.
                      It is a "D" stock parity committee, not a get the Tohatsu out front committee. Both sides should be represented.
                      Ryan Runne
                      9-H
                      Wacusee Speedboats
                      ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe J View Post
                        Since the J and AX classes are controlled at this time by the J Committee, it seems to me this needs to be addressed before changes are decided for the classes.

I am not saying that the J committee is a bad thing, only that everyone has plans on what to do to classes they have no control over.

Joe Johnson
                        This is a very good point. Also an issue that I believe needs to be addressed. I am a firm believer that the J and AX classes should be moved back into the Stock Category. The idea of "Universal J"(which is a term you don't see used anymore), was originally a pretty good idea. It allowed other categories to take advantage of our J class for their kids. Alas, other categories have failed to use this to their advantage. I feel the purpose has past, and the destiny of these classes(which are Stock classes, and our future) should be controlled by the Stock Commission. I am also very curious as to how one becomes a J commissioner, as I have never heard of any form of election process for these commissioners and Chairmen. If anyone can enlighten me on this it would be much appreciated.
                        Ryan Runne
                        9-H
                        Wacusee Speedboats
                        ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

Comment

This is a very good point. Also an issue that I believe needs to be addressed. I am a firm believer that the J and AX classes should be moved back into the Stock Category. The idea of "Universal J"(which is a term you don't see used anymore), was originally a pretty good idea. It allowed other categories to take advantage of our J class for their kids. Alas, other categories have failed to use this to their advantage. I feel the purpose has past, and the destiny of these classes(which are Stock classes, and our future) should be controlled by the Stock Commission. I am also very curious as to how one becomes a J commissioner, as I have never heard of any form of election process for these commissioners and Chairmen. If anyone can enlighten me on this it would be much appreciated.
                          The J Committee is appointed by the Co Chairs and we all serve at the pleasure of the President of APBA. I suggest you attend our meetings in Los Angeles next week and learn how the Committee works.
                          bill b

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Hill View Post
                            575 Overall weight
                            1 3/8 below the bottom for the propshaft
                            Fins must be on the BOTTOM where they belong
                            At least a 12 inch HIGH SIDE, like DeSilva Boats had.
                            22 Inch bottom MAXIMUM width
                            14 feet long
                            Tohatsu ONLY

Pass this as THE NEW D Runabout and I'll have Bill Boyes build me a boat and I'llrace D Runabout....and Chad can drive it...

As Ernie Dawe said in 1995..Keep new engines in STOCK, move OLDER engines to MOD and COMBINE CLASSES. I'll add and restrict older motors with carb plates, transom heights and such....

ADD: YO 400's get'm in the water we'ver got racing to do....
                            Is there a parity committee for the Tohatsu with a DSR?
                            Ron you buy the motor and I will build the boat. I can take it to the Stock Nationals and then we can get someone to run it at the Marathon in Mich.
                            bill b

Comment

• D runabout

I think all of you are getting worked up on the inter net might be good for you ?

but if you have something IMPORTANT to say about the TOHATSU I wish you would forward it to me at (bmagic555@comcast.net) as I'am putting together a case for the meeting in L.A.
                              It does keep me laughing, we call it the Daren Eddy show or the honeymooners.
                              As we say at the AOF office have fun and keep on boating.
                              Executive Director
                              Russ Bircher 45-R/151-R

Comment

• Originally posted by bill boyes View Post
                                The J Committee is appointed by the Co Chairs and we all serve at the pleasure of the President of APBA. I suggest you attend our meetings in Los Angeles next week and learn how the Committee works.
                                Thank you for your response. I wish I could attend, as I found last years meeting to be very interesting, and an all around good time. I have another question now. Why is it that the J commission is not an elected committee as all the others are?
                                Last edited by ryan_4z; 01-14-2007, 05:53 PM.
                                Ryan Runne
                                9-H
                                Wacusee Speedboats
                                ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X