Stock Chairman's Long Term Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not so

The Tohatsu displacement is 42.6 cubic inch, the 44xs is 43.8 cubic inch. According to the Weinandt report, the Tohatsu has 57.8 HP at 6500 RPM, the 44xs has 54.7 HP at 6700 RPM. And, I contend that Weinandt did not use the best 44xs out there.

We tested the Tohatsu under probation for one season and found the engine to be competitive but not a run-away case as assumed by many. The Tohatsu runs competitive in AOF and NBRA but does not blow anyone away. Yes, it will take over the class, mostly because it is reasonably priced, parts are readily available, and it is competitive.

I ask you, would an engine sell that produced less HP than the 44xs? Would that build the class? The Tohatsu is building the class in Region 10 where the 44xs has is the national high point. Without the Tohatsu, there would be no D-stock in region 10. The SORC wanted a new engine for the D-stock, so let's get on with it!
    Neil Bass

Comment

• 2-3 years get rid of the Mercury
      sigpic

Comment

• What Me Scared!!!!

You , guys are missing the point If parity is ,
        becomes an issue short memory , D1- D2. In NBRA There is a toosu running as of this year , 2 years i think.
        Point being no restrictions on heght, cant't stay with a 40" mod merc., whats so wrong? Quit Crying i'm running out of towels for cryingh cause of laghfter?
        They sure start nice though, 'nother thing ther's only about a million mercs out there.
        RichardKCMo
        RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Hill View Post
          Bill and Kaye Boyes are in town early...Jim Harris and I were up there today... Roger Carr is wondering of Pat Bowman and I a "DOING" Breackfast on Thursday, Friday and and Saturday...Roger said, Pat Whitcomb has our back if we are "No Shows"...

Meetings should be great....

I pushing power trim in Set down and capsuled Mod's..

I pushing for SST 45 Marathon, like Sport C...

I pushing for free beer at all races.

I pushing for MOD VP Local...V-6 outboard class with no nose cones, 3" below the bottom prop shaft rule.

Did I say FREE BEER???
          Kay and I are checked in at the hotel. The weather is beautiful sunny 65 degrees and clear. Can see the Santa Monica mountians and Century City from hotel window. Went visiting old friends and neighbors. More visiting tomorrow.
          bill b

Comment

• Originally posted by nbass View Post
            The Tohatsu displacement is 42.6 cubic inch, the 44xs is 43.8 cubic inch. According to the Weinandt report, the Tohatsu has 57.8 HP at 6500 RPM, the 44xs has 54.7 HP at 6700 RPM. And, I contend that Weinandt did not use the best 44xs out there.

We tested the Tohatsu under probation for one season and found the engine to be competitive but not a run-away case as assumed by many. The Tohatsu runs competitive in AOF and NBRA but does not blow anyone away. Yes, it will take over the class, mostly because it is reasonably priced, parts are readily available, and it is competitive.

I ask you, would an engine sell that produced less HP than the 44xs? Would that build the class? The Tohatsu is building the class in Region 10 where the 44xs has is the national high point. Without the Tohatsu, there would be no D-stock in region 10. The SORC wanted a new engine for the D-stock, so let's get on with it!
            Neil Bass
            Well, I stand corrected. You are absolutely right, there would be no reason for anyone to buy your motor if they couldn't win with it. I think that this motor can certainly be the future for the D stock class.
            Ryan Runne
            9-H
            Wacusee Speedboats
            ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

• Originally posted by RLR View Post
              Ryan,
              I ask you to think back to the Quincy and the differences in horsepower for the Konig's. They just whupped us to beat the band in the dawning of them foreeneerrrrr engines. You either continued on with the Quincy or you went out and bought a German marvel. Anyone who wanted to win at that onset of the change did just that.

Today the Rossi's, the VRP's and Konny, and Yamato motors and others are beating the Konig's and sometimes the Konig's beat them all. The horsepower differences from motor to motor I'd be willing to bet are substantial. But, every Title Series race one or the other motor wins and the other guys sometimes wins with a better setup and or prop vs. the horsepower. Parity I don't think so. Every engine is different the only sameness is the cc's.

Horsepower differences without a doubt.

Ray
              I was primarily refering to the similarities in displacement as far as the pro classes were concerned. I should have been more clear about that.
              Ryan Runne
              9-H
              Wacusee Speedboats
              ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

• Listen To Ernie DAWE'S Concept.....

New ENGINES in stock. Older engines in MOD.

New Name for the Division: Classic Outboard Racing

EXAMPLE and or SUGGESTION:

STOCK:

Rattlesnake (Hot Rod)...Hmm...Sidewinders (J Hydro only -A Runbabout and Hydro-B runabout and hydro)
                YO 400 (replaces OSY 400 (Universal Stock, MOD and Prop)
                302 Yamato (C Runabout and C Hydro)
                Bass/Tohatsu (D 14' Runabout, Hydro)

All runabouts to have fins on the bottom where they belong... and 10 to 12 inch sides)

9 classes plus YO 400

Mods:

Use transom heights, carb restrictors or as equalizers...

J MOD Hydro Only

A MOD Hydro Only

B Mod Hydro and Runabout

YO 400 (Replaces OSY 400)....Universal Classs for Stock, Mod and Prop

C Mod Hydro and Runabout

Formula E Hydro and Runabout

Nine Classes... Run each race with three heats.

Pro:

K-Pro, Keeps the name, but runs MOD A rules, including weights!!!
                YO-400 replaces OSY 400
                Keep Pro Classes that run at Title Series

Antiques go to their OWN Division...(Jerry Waldman's idea about 1969...).

Three heats for all Stock classes and Mods...ALL drivers want more time on the water and not everyone wants to own 76 boats to race...

On the LEFT COAST, with a 45, you can get 61 laps of racing on a weekened...( tow ten lap races, 35-37 course, 25 lap main, Sunday...45 SS, two 4 lap heats each day!!! I think that adds up to 61 laps).

ADD; APBA President....if I was the president, things wouldn't be much different. In your own business you can change the people or you can change the people. In an association that most stand around and ask what is APBA doing for ME...It AIN'T easy to change the people.

What I predict, is more and more small AOF/NBRA Clubs with groups of racers making rules they like. Then, when there are problems, all you have to do is look in the mirror....not blame SOMEONE ELSE....

See you at the APBA Convention and Hall of Champions dinner....or at the races....

Did anyone every answer the differenc between Short Course and Long Course nationals in AOF and NBRA????
                Last edited by Ron Hill; 01-23-2007, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• RE: Ron Hill's Suggestions

Originally posted by Ron Hill View Post

STOCK:

Rattlesnake (Hot Rod)...Hmm...Sidewinders (J Hydro only -A Runbabout and Hydro-B runabout and hydro)

All runabouts to have fins on the bottom where they belong... and 10 to 12 inch sides)

9 classes plus YO 400

Mods:

J MOD Hydro Only

A MOD Hydro Only

B Mod Hydro and Runabout

C Mod Hydro and Runabout

Pro:

YO-400 replaces OSY 400

Three heats for all Stock classes and Mods...ALL drivers want more time on the water and not everyone wants to own 76 boats to race...

On the LEFT COAST, with a 45, you can get 61 laps of racing on a weekened...( tow ten lap races, 35-37 course, 25 lap main, Sunday...45 SS, two 4 lap heats each day!!! I think that adds up to 61 laps).

ADD; APBA President....if I was the president, things wouldn't be much different. In your own business you can change the people or you can change the people. In an association that most stand around and ask what is APBA doing for ME...It AIN'T easy to change the people.

What I predict, is more and more small AOF/NBRA Clubs with groups of racers making rules they like. Then, when there are problems, all you have to do is look in the mirror....not blame SOMEONE ELSE....

See you at the APBA Convention and Hall of Champions dinner....or at the races....

Did anyone every answer the differenc between Short Course and Long Course nationals in AOF and NBRA????
                  Ron,

I like your suggestions especially the part about the fins belonging on the bottom of the boat!!!!!

Gootz

Comment

• All runabouts to have fins on the bottom where they belong... and 10 to 12 inch sides)
                    Not that your any less of a man if you race with a side fin, you are just more than your average man if you race with a bottom fin.

Hopefully the Steering Committee will agree with these points and the rest of the Committees will implement the changes that NEED to happen.
                    sigpic

Comment

• What ?

Originally posted by Gootz 142M View Post
                      Ron,

I like your suggestions especially the part about the fins belonging on the bottom of the boat!!!!!

Gootz
                      Hey Gootz- DSR is dead......well when MHRA runs it you guys can keep chasing Josh w/his side fin. It is 2007 not the 1950s/60s!
                      17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

• Originally posted by bbackus17w View Post
                        Hey Gootz- DSR is dead......well when MHRA runs it you guys can keep chasing Josh w/his side fin. It is 2007 not the 1950s/60s!
                        Brent: Them's fight'en words in Michigan! Ed.
                        14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

• It's the GOSPEl!

Originally posted by 14-H View Post
                          Brent: Them's fight'en words in Michigan! Ed.
                          Sorry but facts are facts! You know me......BRING IT!

It used to acceptable for Harleys to leak oil too......but they do not anymore! Times change!
                          Last edited by 17W; 01-23-2007, 02:13 PM.
                          17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Hill View Post

STOCK:

9 classes plus YO 400

Mods:

J MOD Hydro Only

A MOD Hydro Only

B Mod Hydro and Runabout

C Mod Hydro and Runabout

Pro:

YO-400 replaces OSY 400

BIG BIG BIG MISTAKE OPPORTUNITY IS KNOCKIN PLEASE LET HER IN

Comment

• Wtf??

Originally posted by Ron Hill View Post

STOCK:

9 classes plus YO 400

Mods:

J MOD Hydro Only

A MOD Hydro Only

B Mod Hydro and Runabout

C Mod Hydro and Runabout

Pro:

YO-400 replaces OSY 400

WHY does the fin have to be on the bottom?? Suppose we should be all driving horse drawn carriages too huh???

Ron, have you asked Ernie where the fin belongs? He told me years ago, it belongs on the side!
                              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• Hey, I had my fun....if its dead its dead....so be it...I just want to see which way the motor issue is going so I can decide to race Stock, Mod or whatever....or just ride or get rid of my 'horse drawn carriage" sh#t altogether.........but that would mean my drag fin boat too.....
                                Last edited by Gootz 142M; 01-23-2007, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X