Trout Creek Montana June 18, 19 & 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fyi...

i just gave up my cabin at the lakeside if anyone is looking for one, i downsized rooms dramatically, as the boys are a little too sore to travel that far for awhile. kevin

Comment

I have been fixing all the small damage and doing some upgrades for this race. I figure I need to get it done now cause I don't think I will have time later. Only 12 days left. Hope everyone has made reservations since most sites are going fast.

A new added feature after the racing Saturday before the barbaque is a milk carton race. If you have not seen one of these they are a hoot.
      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Okay Mike, I've been thinking about it all nite but now I can't find where you posted about the milk carton races. I have to know, what are they and do we have time to join?
        Ron Baker E-Mod Hydro R-38
        sigpic

Comment

I am sure they would let you build a boat and join.

Materials used are duct tape and plastic milk jugs, I suppose you could incorporate a few of the cardboard ones too. Some of these boats will hold up to eight people! They are moved using people power, paddles, hands, ect.

A guy who's first name is Ernie but they call him Mr. Science coordinated this event it is held through the schools and the boats are raced in the local swimming pool. They were then invited to come and race on Saturday after we have completed our heats of racing.

I understand there were approximately 5 boats built this year.

Teresa

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Ron, you need to drink a lot of milk fast. The first time I saw this was on Greenlake in Seattle. They make some bizzar designs. Many times there are structural failures and folks go swimming Basically they make large rafts with only milk cartons and duct tape like Teresa said.

Comment

How cold is the water? I think I will stay drier in my hydro
              sigpic

Comment

On another note yes the rv park is full in town but they are working on a solution. Send us a PM if you are still in need of a site and also contact Bill at the Trout Creek Motel and RV Park.

Right now the extended forcast still is calling for high 70's and low 80's

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Baker View Post
                  How cold is the water? I think I will stay drier in my hydro
                  I would guess that it is somewhere between Banks and Elk River in temp. Staying in the boat is the prefered option for now.

Comment

eeehhh..... the water at elk isn't that bad

i just thawed out the other day

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Martin View Post
                      eeehhh..... the water at elk isn't that bad

i just thawed out the other day
                      Then don't go swimming again. Thinking about it was that your first C Mod win?? Are you owed a swim??

Comment

If we listen to Russell, every first would be going swimming!

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

If the water wasn't that cold why did he swim to shore so fast?
                          sigpic

Comment

hey now

my wife says i need to work out more, just trying to appease her i understand my backstroke was impressive however!! its funny i remember covering my head with my arms and counting to three, no boat on my head, so my next thought, beach or rescue boat, beach was way closer, thus my feverish swim. kevin

Comment

I just found out we are now the only race for Montana this year. The inboards racing on Flathead Lake has been cancelled after a two year run. I figure it was money or some group ..............................!!

Comment

Kevin Martin got dunked for winning, or flipped and went snorkeling? Which one?

Comment

Working...
                                X