No announcement yet.

Raleigh Race - October 14th-16th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are any results available. Your keeping us all in suspence.

Comment

Results

Shannon, After all the gun jumpers were sorted out, I think John Runne was the overall winner of OSY-400, then I think either Chris or Dave Augustine was second and the other was third. I never heard the final announcement though.

Comment

Results

Will post complete results when our scorer gets home and sends them. From memory:

K PRO - Amy Elderege
        125 Runabout - Brian Payne, Buddy Tennell, Michael Ellison, Jerry Davids
        250 hydro - Denny Henderson
        350 hydro - Ike Yoder (viva Konig)
        500 Hydro - Brandon Thirlby
        1100 Hydro - Robert Marshall
        125 hydro - BJ Tetro (happy 18th!!)
        500 Runabout - Mike Thirlby ????
        250 Runabout - Chris Hellsten
        350 Runabout - Jared Gryz.

Lot's of twists all weekend. Gun jumping was a big part of the results in many classes. 500 runabout saw two drivers switch engines completely between heats. Another500R driver had his engine catch fire the last heat and missed it (of course he was the points leader at the time). The leader in 250 runabout after two heats got tossed from his boat in heat 3 in the first turn. 350 hydro was tight after two heats and all the top dogs jumped the gun in the third heat. A bunch of OSY400 drivers got a reprieve when BJ Tetro was knocked from his boat in a collison, forcing a restart. 250 hydro, 8 out of 12 boats jumped the gun in the first heat. Tough day to be a scorer!!
        David Weaver

Comment

To add to the suspense

The printer died right after the last heat so we could not print the results...hence no medal ceremony. Sorry guys!

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
          Tomtall 06

Comment

RE: my previous post . . .

Christie = Kristi. My excuse for the typo slip, long drive home, not enough sleep, and not nearly enough caffiene.
            carpetbagger

Comment

Bill I am just glad you got home safe....too bad you missed the party in the pits!!!

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
              Tomtall 06

Comment

Working...
              X