Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Shot

Here is the second photo.
    Last edited by David Weaver; 02-13-2007, 04:22 AM.
    David Weaver

Comment

Miss this race and you will kick your self for years ! I am going just to watch this historic race on Lake Wheeler. Hey Dave I bet the Lobster boat was a crowd favorite on this lake for years! No one on the east coast should miss this race driver or not just come watch or help out.
      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

RV's and Tents

The City will be able to provide electical hookups for a cost of $10 per day for the motorhomes. Those of you who asked me about tents the City has said that will be okay also. They are bending over backwards to accomodate this race so please be sure to thank them while you are there. I think this is going to be a huge success.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
        Tomtall 06

Comment

Showers?

Will tent campers have access to showers and the usual facilities?
          carpetbagger

Comment

Bill

Unfortunately no...there are restroom facilities but no showers. There are facilitites in the are where the RV's will be parked.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
            Tomtall 06

Comment

Question

Originally posted by Kristi Ellison
              The City will be able to provide electical hookups for a cost of $10 per day for the motorhomes. Those of you who asked me about tents the City has said that will be okay also. They are bending over backwards to accomodate this race so please be sure to thank them while you are there. I think this is going to be a huge success.

Kristi
              Hi Kristi - Do we just pay when we get there or do we have to reserve a hookup?

Thanks,
              Sean

Comment

Kristi,

Will fuel be available? I'm really not up to horsing a 55 gallon drum around yet

We're bringing the 125, 250 and 350 and 3 OSY400s, not sure who's driving my stuff yet, maybe me, but I kind of doubt it.

You C stock guys, here's your chance to see how your rig will run without that 40 pound chunk of lead in it, you C stock guys pit crews, here's your chance to lift the rig without that 40 pound chunk of lead it it

Dave

Sean, you can pay me and I'll make sure Kristi sees it.....
                I always thought growing up would be cool, I was wrong!
                The other day GG laughed at me because I take more pills a day than she does....

Comment

Designated Driver

Davey,

I am sure that Brandon Thirlby will be willing to drive anything, but he already has a 125. Maybe you could put Dennis Burke in the 350?? Pop can drive the 125!!
                  David Weaver

Comment

Ride!

Is anyone up in my area... NJ... going to the Raleigh race that is leaving on friday? i have school thursday nights, but my NC family is gonna be there, and i would love to go... let me know! thanks guys!

Stacy
                    "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

A perfect date for the race . . .

Just for giggles I checked the local University's football schedule which can translate into packed motel rooms and mega-traffic. Only game in the area is Duke U in Durham.

Bottom line: The USTS is going to be the best sports entertainment in the area that weekend! I hope the local papers and media are hyping it up. Hey, it's th e USTS really fast boat race or Duke football? We can't lose.

Apologies to all the Dukees out there, but get real, football ain't Duke's game :-)
                      carpetbagger

Comment

Sean

We will take care of $$ for electric at the race. They said they can light up the 4th of July with the hookups. Don't give your money to Dave!!!!!

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

Tomtall 06

Comment

Fuel

Dave

How much fuel do you need?? David Weaver was going to look into having some availbale. I have a drum in the trailer and a partial at the house.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

Tomtall 06

Comment

This is gonna be blast!

Im gonna be there Fri. afternoon with my OSY 400 (Csh boat).
                            Got no lead to take out just too much me in the boat.

Hey Dave I am looking for another ride, if you need a driver I quickly
                            volunteer. 350h sounds like alot of fun!!!
                            Give me a little coaching, a test lap and turn me loose

I have been talking the race up alot here at my store and with my family
                            that lives in Raleigh, I think there is gonna be a good turnout of spectators
                            just from the folks I have spoken to.

Kristi, if you need help finding Methanol my uncle lives in Raleigh, and he
                            used to buy it for our Tractor Pull team (yea I used to pull Tractors
                            let the jokes begin)

Let me know if I can help.
                            Dennis 21Z

Comment

Fuel

Dennis

David Weaver and I were just talking about fuel. If you have contacts send them to David Weaver. Anyone who needs fuel let me or David know how much and we will look into getting some.

Thanks
                              Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

Tomtall 06

Comment

Raleigh Reminders

Just a few reminders for this race:

Date: October 14-16, testing on the 14th.

Dinner Saturday Night: We will need a head count, so please let the race committee know Friday how many people will attend with your team.

Registration - Will be open Friday morning. You must register in advance of testing.

Alchohol - Not allowed in the park. We will have a permit for Saturday's dinner. If you walk around with open containers, you could face the "consequences". Please do not leave any beer cans or bottles at the park!!

Methanol - If you need to purchase fuel, please let us know now. We may secure a few drums for-sale-by the gallon.

Parking trailers - Race committee will direct the parking of trailers. Based on feedback to date, a very large turnout is expcected and we will need park trailers in the most efficient manner. Also, bring your boat carts, as it will be necessary to take most boats to the water via a cart.
                                David Weaver

Comment

Working...
                                X