Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check-book
    Dave E71, Brian 10S,
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting..."holy s**t... what a ride!"
    Y'all started this trip. Now ya get to choose --- Ya wanta be ashes or dust?
    The Momster
    Hey, I know I am scared and am not afraid to admit it. I'm not crossing the "line of death"! There is worn out after a long and eventful jounney and then there is just plain stupid. I will choose the former and just go to my room now.
    I was just point out that one of us (me) was behaving and the other (David) . . . well?
    As for life's journey, you are correct (as always).
    As Billy Joel once said "I would rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints."
    Brian 10s

Comment

Making for a Big Race

In addition to several US Title Series point titles being settled (and the cash prizes that go with the season titles), I count at least 5 classes where the APBA National high point title can be determined or heavily influenced with only 1 east coast PRO race remaining in Florida at seasons end. It is this type of competition that will make this race a late season classic.

Brian Payn and Tim Small are neck and neck in 125 runabout.

Chris Hellsten, Brandon Thirlby and Mike Krier are in a tight race foe high points in 250 runabout.

The Krier brothers, Mike Thirlby and Jared Gryskiewicz could grab the 350 runabout title.

Hellsten, Schmidt and Thompson each are vying for the 250 hydro high point trophy.

350 hydro is between Jeff Kugler and Bill Diamond. Does Bill have any races remaining??

IF you live at West, you should seriously consider making the trip to Raleigh. Team up with some buddies to split the gas cost and head on over. I will buy dinner Friday night for any West Cosat racer that carries his/her boat to the races in Raleigh and puts it on the race course. Your Inboards made the trip for years and years, so it must have been worth it.
      David Weaver

Comment

Raleigh Race Update

Planning for the race continues. We would like to get an idea of how many people will bring RV's and stay in the park overnight. We need a good estimate in order to make sure that everyone has a space.

The park will make electricity available for a reasonable charge. But you need to bring several hundred feet of extension cord to reach the "boxes".

An area will be designated Friday night for the consumption of "beverages". The park pavillion has been rented out to another group for the night.

So far, the indications are for a good turn out of boats. OSY400 and K RPO's should both have large fields. Please make every effort to attend and support this new again race site.
        David Weaver

Comment

Camping

Please note that overnight camping starts on Thursday. Hookups are $10 per day and you will pay the park people.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
          Tomtall 06

Comment

We'll be there camping

[QUOTE We need a good estimate in order to make sure that everyone has a space.[/QUOTE]
            Electrical hookups requested for:
            Augustines
            1 RV
            1 Hybrid self-contained camper
            Howards
            1 RV

Comment

Thanks guys I will keep count.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
              Tomtall 06

Comment

Originally posted by Kristi Ellison
                Thanks guys I will keep count.

Kristi
                Don Jones 5Z ,32D 1RV, 1VAN

Comment

Directions from Pits to Hotel

From Lake Wheeler Park:

Take a left out of the park onto Lake Wheeler Rd. Go 2-3 miles and make a Right onto Tryon Rd. Take Tryon to Wilmington Hwy (50/70) south. Take a right and take the left fork where the road splits. Turn at the first left onto Mechanical, Holiday Inn Express will be on the right and Wingate is on the left. ( if you miss the left fork take the first left onto Mechanical from the right fork).

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

Tomtall 06

Comment

Hi All:
                    Shirly is coming with her R.V. and bringing Bruce with her. Thats one R.V. space needed plus one sponser to pay the bill. I'll have my tin cup for your donations. We're not sure how far it is so we're leaving tuesday.
                    Bruce Summers
                    V-71

Comment

Camping

FOR THOSE OF YOU COMING EARLY....PLEASE REMEMBER OVERNIGHT CAMPING IS NOT AUTHORIZED UNTIL THURSDAY NIGHT. IF YOU GET THERE WEDNESDAY THERE IS A WALMART NEAR THE HOTELS ( directions above). take the right fork and you should see it.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

Tomtall 06

Comment

hey kristi...

we will be bringing our motorhome friday and saturday nights...hope there's still room!!!

thanks,
                        amy

Comment

Raleigh USTS Final Event

The weekend is fast approaching and we will get to hear the roar of alkies one last time this year. The weather looks absolutely fantastic for the weekend's racing. We look forward to seeing a big field of boats and expect a good crowd of spectators for the event.

There was a good interview with Chris Hellsten in the local paper this week and many dozens of posters have been placed all over town.

Drive safely and remember to check with the race committee before parking your trailer.

Bring a sweat shirt for the evenings. Low's in the 50's and igh's around 80 each day. It could not really get any better!! A big feed courtesy of USTS on Saturday night.

With a good turn out of boats expected in every class, this should be a great season finale. A rough count of boats by class is:

KPRO - 6 to 8 (hope a few more show)
                          OSY 400 - 12 with eliminations a real possibility.
                          125 R - 5 to 7
                          125H - 12 (maybe eliminations)
                          250 R - 8 to 10
                          250H - Eliminations, big time shoot out
                          350 R - 9 to 11
                          350 H - 8 to 10
                          500 R - 6 to 8
                          500 H - 8
                          1100 H - 6 to 8

Thanks to Kristi Ellison for all her efforts to put on a successful first race. Please, lets emphaisize professionalism this weekend and put on one hell of a show. These people want us to be successfula nd to return every year.

Also, please remember to fly an American Flag, as many current members of the military will be present, as well as, many veterans.

See you this weekend.
                          David Weaver

Comment

Lots of boats!

Just got back home from visiting the site. Already lots of boats there. Lower pits are filling up. It should be a great race. These pics are from todays testing.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Composite Specialties; 10-14-2005, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Raleigh USTS Pics

See above post for some testing pics at the Raleigh race today.

Comment

Raleigh Race

Despite mother nature's attempt to disrupt our fun, the Raleigh race was a success. Good turnout of boats and a great facility for a boat race. A steady breeze from the west for 3 days made for a bumpy race course. Of course, the locals must have said a hundred times, "we never ger this kind of breeze around here".

Quite a few boats were damaged, but fortunately all the drivers were fine. Incredable races in OSY 400 and 250H with 12 boats racing on about a 5/8 mile course Sunday. More details later.
                                David Weaver

Comment

Working...
                                X