Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr clean

Originally posted by john527 View Post
    D mod ultra lite in the early stages of production...
    That may be the CLEANEST shop i have ever seen!!

Comment

Good looking boats!!

Comment

Carbon fibre

Hey Pat what's the latest at Anarchy ? Did you get one on the water yet ? I have been looking to purchase some CF cloth and have seen it available on e-bay for about $25 a yard. Does this seem reasonable and can you explain the coding for the different weights and weaves of cloth. I'm looking to replace the aft planning section of my hydro with a carbon fibre over Okume panel. Thanks, JGW 1CW

Comment

I have no idea if this is of any use in boat building.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/mat/4194458873.html

Comment

Glen if I remember right from Facebook a brand new boat went down to California and in 20SSH won the first two heats it was in with Fish driving.. Someone correct me if I am wrong.. I am old and the memory is not great
            Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Carbon Fiber

Glen-

I purchased my CF online at Solar Composities (http://www.solarcomposites.com); they have a great selection and description of different weaves. Think you may be looking for a 6oz (5.9) twill weave - lots of options and you can call SC and they are helpful in recommendations for your application. Alsio sell CF tape, epoxy for CF applications, etc. Delivery is fast and CF is rolled.

SC CF weave selection is at: http://www.solarcomposites.com/compo...html#Honeycomb

I quickly learned to tape edges of patterns before I cut to prevent fraying and pulling of weave...

Comment

Thanks Shane, I checked out the Solar Composites site and it looks like the go to place ! I have been chasing the same cracks in the aft planning surface of my hydro and have elected to remove the 36 in square panel and replace it with a new carbon fibre clad panel.

Comment

Tohatsu

Tohatsu Glen......Tohatsu. We don't deal in fancy carbon fibre, Just man stuff, keep it in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                    Tohatsu Glen......Tohatsu. We don't deal in fancy carbon fibre, Just man stuff, keep it in mind.
                    Dave is right you can overcome anything with more POWER!!
                    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

New boat

Not really a new boat, just did some design changes to it during the year. This is me testing on the 3/4 mile record course in Soap Lake Washington last summer. Man was it hot out! http://youtu.be/bpBc91vUjqo

Comment

Video

I used a Vivitar camera..very similar to a Go Pro....the whole thing costs around 60 bucks with the little memory card. I think it is comparable to first generation Go Pros....and if you loose the thing overboard you are not out $350 bucks or whatever. One person messaged me and asked why I stopped on about lap 5....I had lost the mirror off of left cockpit side and saw it in the water.....motor would not light off after I got mirror back. Just a few tidbits. Dave

Comment

Bottom done on the first BSH ready for decks jig ready for the ASH then another BSH
                          Attached Files
                          Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Anarchy update

Fish's Carbon boat is finished and winning 20ssh heats in Parker, AZ and my CSH has top and bottom glued together! Here are some pics before we put the top on bottom this evening. Boat is nearly completed and I'll have more pics next week after we seam tape and sand. Has some kick a## hardware from Machine components too! Thanks Lee! Almost ready to test.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Racerkyle20; 12-09-2013, 01:46 AM.
                            Kyle Bahl
                            20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Aaron Salmon's new carbon boat at Parker, AZ

3 heat wins in 20ssh! Way to go man!
                              Attached Files
                              Kyle Bahl
                              20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Ready for Okoume

Ready for decking...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X