Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picky, Picky, Picky.......

Originally posted by 14J View Post
    Looking good gentlemen. May I "point" out that your pickle tips are highly illegal.
    It's not done yet!

At Anarchy Boat Works, we're embracing our Inner Scofflaw.

R-19
    www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Pickle Fork Rule

Stock Outboard pickle rule from new rule book

B. STOCK OUTBOARD: All Stock Outboard hydroplane hulls shall abide by the Mod & Pro picklefork rule in its entirety, with no grandfather clause effective November 1, 2013.

just whatever the mod and pro guys decide, problem is they may have different criteria soon....... this rule needs some review...

Comment

Originally posted by sponsonhead View Post
        It's not done yet!

At Anarchy Boat Works, we're embracing our Inner Scofflaw.

R-19
        I couldn't resist the opportunity to push this thread in another direction. The Sidewinder debate is boring me.

Comment

You are so right about the sidewinder thread.. It is a three person debate now and I was wondering who would make a comment about the pickle forks.. I am sure Patrick has a plan.. That mold was made a long time ago.
          Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by reed28n View Post
            Stock Outboard pickle rule from new rule book

B. STOCK OUTBOARD: All Stock Outboard hydroplane hulls shall abide by the Mod & Pro picklefork rule in its entirety, with no grandfather clause effective November 1, 2013.

just whatever the mod and pro guys decide, problem is they may have different criteria soon....... this rule needs some review...
            But they have a S.O. MOD/J sticker on the dash.....

that one is for you Schwartz............

Comment

HARM J Boats for 2014!

Once again, Seattle Outboard in conjunction with The Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum will be doing its HARM J Hydro Project, where we work with new J racers and their families and build a new J hydro with help of members of SOA and HARM. Our first batch will be starting soon, with 5 kids building boats in our first session, and a possible second session to follow shortly behind them. As with last year, Don Kelson has graciously offered us the use of his shop where we will be building this year's armada.

This year's project takes on a slightly different look to it: legendary boat builder Ed Karelsen was a frequent helper with last year's class. His expertise was invaluable, and in the process of helping, it was Ed's thought that we needed a kit boat that would be easier and faster assemble for builders with varying levels of experience.

So this year, Ed designed the boat, and Don Kelson and a crew of J Hydro Project "alumni" (Charlie Marquard, Jeff & Tanner Cole, Tyler Ulsh, Rick Sandstrom and Matt Yarno) are doing the "pre-kit construction" on this year's kit boat. Over the weekend, they did a "test fit" of this year's kit. All went well, so the remainder of kits will be pre-cut out next week, with plans to start building with our new drivers and their parents beginning December 7.

Ed believes these kits should drastically shorten assembly time...he says he could put one together in 3 days...but that's just Ed. Still, if we can get these done in 6-8 weeks working one Saturday a week, these hulls should be ready to hit the water in plenty of time for our first race in late April.

We'll have photos up as the builds progress. In the meantime, here is a sneak peak at the prototype.

R-19
              Attached Files
              www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Meanwhile, in the world of ANARCHY.....

KB's top half is in the bag....while Fish added his dashboard, transom and floorboard reinforcements, and did the final seam taping to the edges.

ANARCHY BOAT WORKS:

More treacherous than The Green Van.

R-19
                Attached Files
                www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Hydro

Anyone got a email address for Anarchy Boats ?

Comment

Originally posted by gem056 View Post
                    Anyone got a email address for Anarchy Boats ?
                    PM sent.

R-19
                    www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

You Region 10 guys have got it together.. Kudos..
                      Nice looking "J" kit..

Comment

Anarchy 2014 Near Completion

Fish's boat is getting rigged for hardware and some final touch-up work. Look for it in Parker next weekend. I believe he plans to paint it upon his return.

KB's boat has a top and bottom half fit together, just needs some frames added and we will seal the two halves together.

ANARCHY BOAT WORKS:

Your next insult could be our next shirt.
                        Attached Files
                        www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Vanpelt "B"

Originally posted by ZUL8TR View Post
                          Nice looking restore, going au naturale or paint wood combo?. Pretty fancy support! Is that a 50's vintage AU against the wall?
                          The boat against the wall is an early 50's B runabout! I got the first "CU" out of the Vanpelt factory in 1957. I lived just a mile from the factory, and worked there winters in 1956,57,and 58. I raced against Kieth Stippich in 1957 & 58 in CU and AU when I would travel to Illinois or Wisconsin if Michigan didn't have a race that weekend! He was a great competitor, and they were building beautiful boats back in the fifties!! The bottom of my "C" came off Vanpelts "A" & "B" bottom press. My #480M was changed to C2M at the end of 1957 with high points in region 6. John Ennenga
                          Attached Files

Comment

John,
                            Raced on Lake Erie with a B Van Pelt middle to late 50's . Winning boat for that kind of bad water. Got my butt kicked when I first started to race in TRORA on nice water. Had to change boats.
                            Bill Thomas
                            Last edited by SeaBat; 11-28-2013, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Ultra Lite D mod in production

D mod ultra lite in the early stages of production...
                              Attached Files

Comment

That time of year again three boats cut out ready for the jig one ASH and two BSH boats and the first BSH in the jig.
                                Attached Files
                                Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Working...
                                X