New Boats for 2014!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anarchy update

Anarchy boat #2 (mine) is nearly completed. We have epoxy/seam taped the two pieces together after building the frames and stringers. Next up will be body work, re-enforce the cockpit wall (turned out a little thin with foam we used), dash board, paint, then rig hardware! Note the Lee Tietze hardware (handles and skid fin bracket).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Racerkyle20; 12-23-2013, 05:43 AM.
    Kyle Bahl
    20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Awesome Kyle! Thanks for sharing. Are you installing an air spoiler. I see the the brackets in the background painted and ready to install.

Comment

Ready to flip over...

Polishing the bottom and fitting the (not polished yet) turn fin.
        Attached Files

Comment

Oldest New Boat

Over 25 years in the making, My sisters and I did a good job slowing my dad down. The boat was finished in 2011, has yet to see many races just figured Id show it off a little bit.
          Attached Files

Comment

Cool Boat.

Awesome looking boat James!

We need to get you out testing this spring.

Let your dad know there is a boat club meeting at Jim Fairchild's on the 13th in Batavia. Hope to see you both there.

Mike Pavlick

Comment

polishing

Originally posted by john527 View Post
              Polishing the bottom and fitting the (not polished yet) turn fin.
              Nice looking work.

Is that auto clearcoat you are polishing or some other clear coat?
              What grits are you using? What is polish material?

Thanks
              "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
              No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Two Part Epoxy finish, then finish sanded with every grit down to 3000 grit, then polished with polishing compound and carnuba wax.

Comment

Epoxy Finish - UV Protectant?

What sort of epoxy finish are you using? Reason I ask is that I used an epoxy as a sealant and then had to cover with a two part auto clearcoat with UV blocker as epoxy I used is best if UV protected...

Thanks

Comment

finish

Two Part Epoxy finish, then finish sanded with every grit down to 3000 grit, then polished with polishing compound and carnuba wax.
                    Wow that is alot of work! Do you leave the running surfaces that glossy or do you satin those out?

On top side what do you use over the epoxy to protect against UV? Or does the epoxy you use have a UV protector in it? Brand?
                    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Top side will be epoxy and UV protected with marine varnish. It will look like a freshly licked lollypop!

Comment

Just about 70 pounds so far without the sides cut down yet.:2014NY:
                        Attached Files

Comment

polishing the bottom and waxing it??? You building a suction cup?
                          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
                            polishing the bottom and waxing it??? You building a suction cup?
                            we are polishing the bottom for air flow, as you can see by my photo, our boats ride just on the prop!

Comment

top side varnish

Top side will be epoxy and UV protected with marine varnish. It will look like a freshly licked lollypop!
                              Do you sand and final polish the varnish, what process used? Brand used?

Comment

Yes, A light sanding and then varnish.

Comment

Working...
                                X