No announcement yet.

New Boats for 2014!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks nice Lee.. You going to be ready by May??
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

• The first 2014 Pugh Boat Works all composite 0-250/350 boat is just about done. The molds for the rear cowl, instrument cluster and chest ramp are being prepared to pull the first part. The first one is going to Jeff Kugler. The Kuglers ran the same wood Pugh Boat Works boat for over 20 years, winning some titles with it along the way.

Pictures coming soon, either here or on the Pugh Boat Works FB page.
      " It's a sad day when you've outgrown everything"
      Art Pugh

Comment

• Construction

Originally posted by DeanFHobart View Post
        New Don "Dewey" Anderson Dart Craft. From vacuum bagging bottom to completed boat. Finish and paint next.
        Very nice work. Especially like the deep full width lateral stiffness framing member from port to starboard sponson rear at the dash framing location .
        Last edited by ZUL8TR; 02-23-2014, 03:34 AM.
        "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
        No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

• Here it is, the first to be built. This boat is going to Jeff Kugler and will be powered by a VRP or GRM. All composite, West System epoxy, balsa core and vacuum bagged.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
          Last edited by epugh66; 03-01-2014, 05:26 PM. Reason: spelling
          Art Pugh

Comment

• Pugh boats should last as long as you want to drive. If cost could be low enough, 500 Mod and C stock molds could be made as these are the classes that have the most interest. Hemp's design is the most copied.

Comment

• Rumor has it Doc that might happen. Gary sure knows how to build a wonderful boat.

Comment

• I think his pickles are illegal!
                Attached Files

Comment

• You have to remember the Pro classes dont have to meet a weight. These all composite 250/350's are 100lbs or less. 350/500 ccm would need a ton of weight added if a small driver.
                  sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

• Weight

NBRA weights are twenty pounds lower for most classes. For a person weighting above 210 :thumbs::thumbsounds, it is nearly impossible to be on weight. A carbon fiber boat would let a larger driver be competitive.

Comment

• You can also put the weight where you need the weight to be with a lighter boat.
                      Art Pugh

Comment

• Carbon Fiber.........

Originally posted by epugh66 View Post
                        You can also put the weight where you need the weight to be with a lighter boat.
                        Eric..........how much' material' cost is their in the new 100% Kugler carbon fiber hull??

Comment

• Light hydro

Scott Clark's hydro only wts. 100 lb. and he puts lead on transom. The boat comes out of the corner in a full lift. Amazing

Comment

• Kinda Sorta

APBA - No Weights (generaly). UIM minimum boat weight and minimum driver & boat weight.

Originally posted by DiGia54D View Post
                            You have to remember the Pro classes dont have to meet a weight. These all composite 250/350's are 100lbs or less. 350/500 ccm would need a ton of weight added if a small driver.
                            David Weaver

Comment

• I don't know what the materials cost are or even what the boat cost is, however, I'm told it's cheaper than getting one from Europe. Not even sure what the finished weight was, Gary said he could pick it up by himself though. I do know the epoxy is from Michigan, the balsa core from Alabama and it was all mixed up here in Tennessee.
                              Art Pugh

Comment

• Originally posted by epugh66 View Post
                                I don't know what the materials cost are or even what the boat cost is, however, I'm told it's cheaper than getting one from Europe. Not even sure what the finished weight was, Gary said he could pick it up by himself though. I do know the epoxy is from Michigan, the balsa core from Alabama and it was all mixed up here in Tennessee.
                                Did you go with the balsa core as a cost savings measure over foam core? Balsa end grain core and foam core pretty close in weight - benefit to foam is that it won't rot if water somehow gets in (via a hardware screwhole, etc.) and foam can also be purchased with bleed holes to facilitate better bonding during the vacuum process - but down side is that foam is much pricier than balsa. Definitely see benefit of pure composite in PRO classes but depends on driver weight for stock classes (I'm 180 + out of the shower and still have to add 25lbs+ of lead to my Hemp CSH to meet weight). But your boat does look beautiful.

Comment

Working...
                                X