No announcement yet.

Update on Dan Kirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We will keep Dan and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Jack Gosman and Family

Comment

Today started off with little good news and hope. However, things improved over the day. Towards the end of the day, the nurse was doing an assessment while mom watched on. The nurse pulled his eyelids open and ask mom to say something. Dads eyes immediately turned and focused straight at mom. The nurse ask her to go to the other side of the bed and did the same thing. Dad turned his head slightly and again moved his eyes to focus straight at mom. The nurse let go of his eyelids and he actually held them open for a few seconds looking at mom. We now know he is in there and he knows we are there. This at least gives us some encouragement and hope. Keep the prayers coming as it seems to be working. Thank you lord for giving mom and us all some hope.

Jim

Comment

Jim what a nurse friend said to me about this~

hoipoloi wrote:
        Oh bear I'm sorry to hear this about your friend
        The doctors are correct tho, it's a wait and see thing. When the brain is injured it takes time for it to heal,then We can see what the damage is. It can take months to fully assess. if he is breathing on his own so soon it's a good sign for him Hope thing..

Comment

Today has started out to be a great day. Dad opened his eyes on his own and looked at mom and I. He also did it a little bit ago with mom and her friend and with my brother and his wife. He is coming back! Thank you lord and thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. Its working! Keep them coming! We have to keep him going.

Jim

Comment

Great news Jim! Isn't it a miracle how the brain works. Sincerely hope for continued progress. Hang in there! Jack

Comment

Jim;

Glad to hear the positive update ! We will keep the prayers going !

John Biagio

Comment

That is good news Jim. I have been checking this thread and hoping for good news.
                Has anyone told him what has happened to him? I imagine what it would feel like to wake up and not know what happened or what was wrong with me. It would cause me a lot of anxiety!
                Peter

Comment

Jim,
                  I'm very happy to hear the news. I'm thinking about you guys all the time. And, thanks for the updates.
                  Lee

Comment

Prayers headed your way

All of DePue is praying, they are anxiously awaiting the updates Ray has been giving! We know Dan is one of the strongest men around! Prayers your way! Love all of you

The Bosnich family
                    Ab

Comment

Dad is continuing to improve today. He is opening both eyes repeatedly. He is also following some commands again. The nurse ask him to hold up one finger and he did it. He is bringing a lot of hope and excitement to the whole family. The doctor says it is great, but he still has a long way to go. He also said that the pneumonia is now gone completely. He has not had any siezures since the new meds were started. Keep the thoughts and prayers coming! Today is the best day so far.

Jim

Comment

Great news , we are praying for him and your family at this time.

Comment

Great news!!!

Comment

God is good!!!
                            BRF doesn't make participation so difficult

Comment

Originally posted by Gene East View Post
                              God is good!!!
                              yup Gene and he listens to us b(*)(*)](* ) (*)that he wont take a guy before his time.....

Comment

This is great news. We are all praying for Dan. Gene you at right, our God is very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X