Update on Dan Kirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Dan Kirts

It is closing in on 24 hrs since dad was hospitalized with a severe internal head bleeder. Dad had to undergo surgery to relieve the massive amount of pressure on his brain and brain stem. The surgery was 100% successful in stopping the bleeding. Today, dad has still not opened his eyes, but he is very agitated from his restless legs. He has not opened his eyes yet, but we are hopeful that he will. The doctors say we have to take it one day at a time. We don't know what damage has been done and won't know until he wakes up and comes back to us. We thank everyone for all of the thoughts and prayers and we will need many more to bring dad back to us. We pray that he will come back to us soon. Thank you all again and I will post updates as I can and as dad progresses.

Thank you all.

Jim

Thank you for the update.

Thanks for the update, Jim. You have our thoughts and prayers for him and the entire family.
    Susan Eldredge Sailer

Comment

continued prayers headed your way Jim, please let us know if other help is needed, but in the hands of Heavenly Father and prayers are being said in your Dad's behalf.

Ray

Comment

Lot's of prayers coming from Canada Dan!

Comment

Best wishes from a huge fan of Dan Kirts.

Comment

My Prayers go out to your Dad. Please keep us posted on his progress and hopfully he will be up and ready to to go to the races soon.

Mike O'Brien

Comment

Dan kirts

Jim

I'm at a loss for words.

Bruce

Comment

Jim and Family
                Zach and I would all so like to let you know we have Dan in our thoughts. A RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR 18 may open his eyes, at least his ears.

Dwight and Zach

Comment

Dan Kirts

Thank you for the update Jim. I sincerely hope that everything works out well. Dan is one of my all-time heros!
                  Peter Crowley

Comment

Dan

Jim and Family-
                    Your dad is in my thoughts and prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

Todd Jacobsen

Comment

Dad's progress is looking a little better today. I walked in and said "Hi Dad", his left eye popped about 3/4 open and he looked straight at me. He knows we are here and he knows everyone is praying for him. He is a real tough cookie and we all know he is a fighter and never gives up. I am sure he will continue until he gets back to where he wants to be. Unfortunately for him, he will have to get by a whole bunch of us to ever get back in a boat. But, I am sure he will always be there. For now, we just want him to keep making good progress and get well. We want him around for a lot longer yet. Thank you all for your continued prayers. It appears to be working. We will continue to take it one day at a time and pray for the best.

Comment

Dan

Jim I know he is tough being I know some of the things he has been though, I know he will get better God is with him and will take care of him . Thanks so much for the up dates. You know he is a hero to a lot of people.

Comment

my thoughts and prayers are with you my freind and a wish of speedy recovery for your dad

Comment

Jim, thanks for the updates on Dan. You and your family and Dan are in our thoughts. Thank you for taking the time to keep us posted on his progress. All the best for a speedy recovery.

Diane and Pete

Comment

Well, today dad has been unresponsive. His temp is up to about 102 from 99 so they are going to do cultures to try to find out why. They still have him on the ventalator and are not sure yet when they will be able to take him off. He is taking breaths on his own. He has a bit of pneumonia which they are treating with antibiotics. We are all praying that he comes back very soon. It is very trying and tiring. They did a cat scan this morning and there is very slight improvement as far as the brain shifting back to normal center, but very little. The doctor states that the bleed was so severe that it could be a long time before he comes back, but he wants him to come back very slowly to minimize any further damage. They did state that the damage was to the left side of his brain which will affect the right side of his body, his speech, understanding of speech, and several other things. Today we only hope that the damage is at a minimum. We won't know anything until he wakes up and we don't know when that will be. Keep the prayers coming as we certainly need them. It is really wearing on mom, but everyone is doing their best to comfort her and make sure she eats and gets rest. Thank you all for prayers and please keep them coming.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X