Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod Proposals for National Meeting...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave,
    I am not taking it personal at all. I was only trying to look to the future and keep what few MOD guys we have still on the water. Many current MOD racers have told me they agree quite pipes should be done, but they love the megaphone so it stops them from doing anything to eliminate it. Just seems like the possibilities would grow from local events to championship events if they weren't as loud.

Now if we had a dedicated arena that only held race events that would be a different story, but backing up to someones house .... just food for thought.

Now onto your comment regarding commissioners, seems like whoever is on the commission asked to be voted in and the people in that Region thought that they would do the best job. Why would someone have to declare their major category is whatever commission they are on, for that matter what does declaring a major category do for you? Declaring a category does help pad #'s in APBA's eyes but who cares? It is not like we have people beating down our doors waiting to race, lets embrace everyone regardless of which "category" they are in. Outside perspective is sometimes very insightful. That person who is elected also may be an official and someone who no longer races at all but wants to remain involved and has great input, should we shun them away too?
    444-B now 4-F
    Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

The Formula E class was started by Lon Stevens in Region 11. It was part of the PRO catergory for a couple years (no fuel restriction, but you couldn't modify the carbs. So you had to run gas) The the PRO's didn't want it any more, so the MODs took it.

Comment

Fine

Darren,

You have a big Tohatsu you campainged for DSH on I guess your signature line, sorry. I am not good with the computer jargon I guess. You change classes as much as anyone from what I have seen over the years. You were very passionate about the Bass DSH, and I respect that. I am very passionate about new engines as well.

And Sam is correct in his response to you. I understand you guys are lacking bodies out there willing to be a commisioner, so it is pretty much whomever will take the job. I digress, the debate is pointless at this time. You are not going to change my opinions and I am not changing your opinions either. They are just that, opinions, not law.

Enjoy your Holidays.
        Dave Mason
        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

[QUOTE=Dave M;119378]Darren,

You have a big Tohatsu you campainged for DSH on I guess your signature line, sorry. I am not good with the computer jargon I guess. You change classes as much as anyone from what I have seen over the years. You were very passionate about the Bass DSH, and I respect that. I am very passionate about new engines as well.

And Sam is correct in his response to you. I understand you guys are lacking bodies out there willing to be a commisioner, so it is pretty much whomever will take the job. I digress, the debate is pointless at this time. You are not going to change my opinions and I am not changing your opinions either. They are just that, opinions, not law.

Enjoy your Holidays.[/QUOTED

Dave, I have had a Cmod motor (and will be raced all of 09) in my trailer pretty much since I started racing! Yes, I have a Tohatsu and race DSH. (and DMH, if the motor were legal for points)........so what, does that mean I am not passionate about other classes (including mod)??? I change and race classes according to where I race and also what my weight (yup, it has gone up since relocating to WA!!!!....yikes!) allows me and to be competitive. All (3) categories need to work together and not separately!!!
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Happy Festivious (sp?)

I have forgotten the official dates for the festivious holiday but apparently it has already started. As I recall the airing of grievance is the first observance. Next, feats of strenght!!

Comment

back to business at hand.......

now, how bout back to the topic at hand.......................mod proposals for the Nat. Meeting and input.................thanks
              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Awwwww

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
                now, how bout back to the topic at hand.......................mod proposals for the Nat. Meeting and input.................thanks
                Dang.....just when I was getting another bowl of popcorn going for Bill and Ed.......

R-19
                www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

How about allowing the KG4 and mark 15 run 200ccm?
                  Bob

Comment

Howie thanks for all you do for region 5 in all three categorys.

Comment

You bet Danny!
                      444-B now 4-F

Comment

you are right Danny

Howie is the best, he worked hard at the Worlds and is always fun to be around. He helps me enormously at the Orange Cup by getting the OPC guys to send bio's to help me fill the down time and I for one sure appreciate what he and his family does.

May I add my thanks as well.

Take care bud,
                        Ray

Comment

Thanks Ray, we just want to make it the best we can for everyone. I am just glad we can help out, hopefully for the good most of the time. again, awesome job to you announcing the worlds, you had to have practiced for days with some of those names!

Howie
                          444-B now 4-F

Comment

Pipes-safety

I think it should be worth some discussion that when running chambers that the stinger should not be sticking straight back. I am NOT proposing requiring the whole pipe be wrapped around the motor but the stinger should be rolled or bent to at least 90 degrees to keep from punching someones face out if they should run into the back of you. My pipes are back far enough that I am very worried about this.

Comment

Originally posted by SAWYER View Post
                              I think it should be worth some discussion that when running chambers that the stinger should not be sticking straight back. I am NOT proposing requiring the whole pipe be wrapped around the motor but the stinger should be rolled or bent to at least 90 degrees to keep from punching someones face out if they should run into the back of you. My pipes are back far enough that I am very worried about this.
                              Name one instance where this has happened

Comment

Okay

I saw Dickie Willard run right into the back of a guy at the Winter Nationals this year and it took a 12" chunk out of the center of his boat where he rammed the guys tower housing. If that guy had not been running megaphones then there is a good chance Dickie wouldn't be here now.

Comment

Working...
                                X