Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod Proposals for National Meeting...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it came to a vote, I'd vote for it ... they couldn't keep up anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Hill View Post
      Laydowns and kneeldowns still have body weight to effect their trim. When we ran Kevin Curtis's 45 in FE at Bakerfield's Winter Nationals, we un hooked his trim, but Kevin wasn't confortable without it...

OK, make power trim only legal in set down FE Hydros...

IS the Mercury A, AXS, J legal in Formula A....or only the OMC???
      Ron, if you want to sit down and have an OMC 3 holer with power trim...................get an SST60!
      Last edited by mercguy; 11-29-2008, 10:02 PM.
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

SST 60 Ain't Got A Speedmaster

An SST 60 run a "CLUB" foot, as in clubs, not handicapped....A 45 SS runs a Speedmaster type gearcase...

We'd blow off an SST 60..Now, if an SST had a bottom water pick up....

Comment

Allow the Merc 15 in FA with the same mods allowed the OMC.
          Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

A Little Off Topic...

George,

Do you know if the Merc 15 on those APBA Mouse Boats are the same Mercury that we are using in APBA J-AXS-A???

I've got a Formula A OMC, it is slower than our stocker... Would you consider working on it for US???
            We bought it from Mike Lopez and he'd never run it...Not sure who built it???

Do 15 Mercs have electric starters??? Are they legal in Mod??

Comment

come on

leave Formula A alone if your open up the merc to run with the omcs why cant you take the restrictor out of the omcs in ax to run with the mercs...
              Johnny Wlodarski III
              24J

Comment

No Capsules

I would be very against allowing capsule boats to race in any Mod class. It has taken Pro many years to even remotley rebound the loss when they implemented the capsules into the division. Lets not repeat history.

I am in favor of allowing more gearboxes. Right now I have zero gearboxes for the FEH (850CCH). I tried every new manufacturer out there to get a new one befor Nat's...... struck out in every aspect, either they were on order, or they gave them to their buddies instead of me, I have no clue. At any rate, gearboxes are a serious issue, and needs addressed THIS YEAR. At the VERY least we need to make it a lot easier to allow new gearboxes into the division. Steve Roskowski is making a new one for several years now, his own deal, and it is going ot be hard for him to get it into the category without spending a ton of cash before proving it will sell.

Next, I think to be a Mod commisioner, you should race Mod as your first category.

Pipes... if you don't like it, don't schedule it. There are a TON of places that absolutley love the noise. If there were less Mod races in places that get a lot of complaints on noise and they restrict us, it would leave schedules more open for us to attend the race sites that truly love the noise. It is all in the promotion. I can see why FL does not like it in a lot of places. Bunch of retired folks trying to enjoy retirement near the major areas of APBA race sites.

Good luck with all your proposals, I have none to present. I have lots of choices.
                Dave Mason
                Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Not Just Mod Commissioners

Dave, I like the idea that a Commissioner's first Division should be their primary division.

EXCEPT.....might be like the blind leading the blind.... Example: Go Karts stuill seem to have great turn out, people racing all over the country.....HAS any Division sat down and studied GO KART RULES????? Or Go Kart Race for mats???? I've spent enough time at go kart tracks to figure this out....much like boat racing only dustier, dirtier and hotter...Seems they run small tracks and many laps...

45 SS, in REGION 12 has about 20 45's and usually have at least 10 at every race...Our courses are 35 second and we run (2) 10 lap qualifiers and a 25 lap main....(17 at San Diego in September)..

I'd like to see Formula E be allowed to run power trim as a Probationary/Sportsman, no points class, for 2009. Tito Smith, Chad Hill, Steven Dawe, Spencer Love, RJ West, Warren West, Dean Wilson and John Lane all raced a different division of APBA before they started 45's...

Revolution boats is building Sport C's, 350-1,100 hydros, 45 SS tunnels, 120 tunnels and 20 foot Classic Outboards...Jason Nari can build you any kind of a boat in 30 days...capsules aren't all bad..reinforce cockpits are very good..

How big is OSY 400???? Seems everywhere I go they are racing it...Anyway, I started that class and called in NOVICE...Required a Model 80 Yamato and BRASS two blade....in the last 31 years the class has changed, but many run it, seem to like it and local clubs make money from it...

When we go to Region 11, seems Formula E has some good boats, but many times just 2 or 3, or like at Chowchilla now this year....If 45's could run as a Formula E, guys would get seat time, test props and have fun....and the local club could take in some money with really no effort! And as greg Foster says, "How do I get one of those things???" Meaning a laydown with a three banger on it...

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Hill View Post
                    Dave, I like the idea that a Commissioner's first Division should be their primary division.

EXCEPT.....might be like the blind leading the blind.... Example: Go Karts stuill seem to have great turn out, people racing all over the country.....HAS any Division sat down and studied GO KART RULES????? Or Go Kart Race for mats???? I've spent enough time at go kart tracks to figure this out....much like boat racing only dustier, dirtier and hotter...Seems they run small tracks and many laps...

45 SS, in REGION 12 has about 20 45's and usually have at least 10 at every race...Our courses are 35 second and we run (2) 10 lap qualifiers and a 25 lap main....(17 at San Diego in September)..

I'd like to see Formula E be allowed to run power trim as a Probationary/Sportsman, no points class, for 2009. Tito Smith, Chad Hill, Steven Dawe, Spencer Love, RJ West, Warren West, Dean Wilson and John Lane all raced a different division of APBA before they started 45's...

Revolution boats is building Sport C's, 350-1,100 hydros, 45 SS tunnels, 120 tunnels and 20 foot Classic Outboards...Jason Nari can build you any kind of a boat in 30 days...capsules aren't all bad..reinforce cockpits are very good..

How big is OSY 400???? Seems everywhere I go they are racing it...Anyway, I started that class and called in NOVICE...Required a Model 80 Yamato and BRASS two blade....in the last 31 years the class has changed, but many run it, seem to like it and local clubs make money from it...

When we go to Region 11, seems Formula E has some good boats, but many times just 2 or 3, or like at Chowchilla now this year....If 45's could run as a Formula E, guys would get seat time, test props and have fun....and the local club could take in some money with really no effort! And as greg Foster says, "How do I get one of those things???" Meaning a laydown with a three banger on it...

Ron, come one..............you started OSY400???

also, i do not like the idea of capsuled 45's runing with FE hydros either! Both boats turn COMLETELY different and the turns wold get "hairy"..............besides an FE would blow away a 45! I was told...........if you want more boats in your class..............go recruiting! We DO NOT need more classes! The local clubs need to work on inproving the boat counts in the current classes. Hell, I even hear Reg12 now has a J and AX class..............they did not exist a few years ago, so people are working on the EXISTING classes, of which should be! Adding the power trim option in FE would just make it more expensive and we need to keep these classes as affordable as possible................especially nowadays!
                    Last edited by mercguy; 12-02-2008, 10:27 PM.
                    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Not Adding Classes

OSY 400 was called NOVICE in 1977......PROVE ME WRONG that I started it HERE in the USA....

If you take an exsisting 45 that is too heavy for 45 to make a good showing...like about 10 boats I can think of, adding a little power to them, might make Formula E cheaper than it now is...

I'm OK with anything anyone does, we, in Region 12, will do what we'ver always done...And start new stuff...Like 20 SS with those JAPANESE motor called Model 80's...1977...Where would Stock Outboarding be today without the YAMATO?????

We fought hard to get 20 SS hydro and Runabout, only to have it squeezed out when they let the 20-H run with it...

Or 15 A, 1984 or 45 SS.....or Formula E.......Nostaligia Flat Bottom, Nostalgia Endurance or Nostalgia Jet...

With naming classes 850 CC and the like, , seems this is a new class....We started Formula E when I was still running Stock Runabout....(1977)....
                      Last edited by Ron Hill; 12-01-2008, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Feh

FEH Started As a PRO class, The first FEH MOD Nat's Were In 1980 At Ravenwood WV.Which I Won. Some AOF Drivers Came To The 1979 Mod Nat's In Kingston Tn And Put On A SEH Show For The APBA People.

Comment

answers

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                          I would be very against allowing capsule boats to race in any Mod class. It has taken Pro many years to even remotley rebound the loss when they implemented the capsules into the division. Lets not repeat history. Dave is correct say, "no to capsules"

I am in favor of allowing more gearboxes. Right now I have zero gearboxes for the FEH (850CCH). I tried every new manufacturer out there to get a new one befor Nat's...... struck out in every aspect, either they were on order, or they gave them to their buddies instead of me, I have no clue. At any rate, gearboxes are a serious issue, and needs addressed THIS YEAR. At the VERY least we need to make it a lot easier to allow new gearboxes into the division. The yamato is a waste in the 850 class... Bass is not making enough and the 55h case just can't take the beating. The solution is under the 7M...... no one will say thay have a faster 850 than the 7M. He runs this huge 45 gearcase and it is the same gearcase for the last oh 4 years or so. Luce ran the 45 case and several others as I recall.

Next, I think to be a Mod commisioner, you should race Mod as your first category. I like this too.
                          Pipes... if you don't like it, don't schedule it. Good luck with all your proposals, I have none to present. I have lots of choices.
                          And that is all I have to say.....

Comment

So For COSTS...

So to keep the cost DOWN, are you suggesting a gearcase the size ("R" measurement) of a 45???

Seems to me a gearcase that lasted 4-5 years would be good for the sport...

Comment

gears

Ron...oh no make the r dimention 0 for all I care in the 850 class. It is as close to pro as mod goes. If you do not like it... run pro. Let any racer who wants to run the yamato and replace the gears every 3-6 races do so. Mason has used the Yamato foot and is a past champion and did not lap the field with the smallest R dimention.

My comment is the 7M is fast and a past champion with a really big 45 gearcase. The point being you do not have to have a thin gearcase to go fast. Big boats, big motors, big engines......big gears. I may not be a smart man, but I know buying gears every season to race sucks.

Comment

OK, I Give...

Ok, I agree on the "R" measurement not being needed...What gear ratios are legal?

How about having the fin on the bottom of a runabout, where it belongs???

Comment

Working...
                                X