2010 SO Agenda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dholt View Post
    ***Anyone watching the 25ssR finals at the Nationals last couple years will admit...the Merc 25xs (all 2 of them) are blowing away the Yamatos.
    Yeah, my starting and driving had nothing to do with it.

ADD: Brian Rhodes did not even qualify for the finals in 2008! (sorry, Brains).
    Last edited by 14-H; 01-08-2010, 11:20 AM.
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

The reason the transom height in CSH was lowered was because too many (mostly newer) members were cooking motors. It was my proposal and that was the primary porpose. We also new that a side effect would be a small assist for parity between the two motors. The ONLY reason most people have interpreted this rule as a safety rule, is because, that is the place in the rule book that height restrictions are found.
      One change that has been overlooked by many is the effect of shortening the run from the start to the first turn in a nationals from 1500' to 1000'. That has also helped the 302.
      John Runne
      2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

[QUOTE=14J;148832]
        Originally posted by Racerkyle20 View Post

*** Yet again why I favor one motor of choice.

Since I don’t race this class and I’ve beaten my point to death in (2) separate threads I’ll go away now. I promise!
        It seems to me, that over time, the lack of parts for the Model 80 will make the 302 and the Sidewinder engines the ones that become the most prevalent in this class. This will probably take some time as it did in the J Classes for the Merc to replace the OMC and as it obviously will take in the D Classes.

In my opinion, the Sidewinder, once it gets going, should prevail as the engine of choice over the Yamato in this class. But that is just my opinion and I know others will disagree.

The Y-80 is going to be around a long time in this class, however, so long as I have any say in the matter.
        14-H

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Weber View Post
          Hey Ricky Bobby, Ed Hearn, SO Chairman, Exhaulted One,

Are you going to slow down that rocket Merc with a restrictor and give the Sidewinder and us poor, fat, Yamato guys a chance for a year or two?

Tim

I agree that the technical rules in 25SSR (or whatever it is called in 2010) will need to be changed to accomodate the Sidewinder. The Merc and the Yamato are already faster than the Hot Rod in this class. If you recall, I opposed pulling the restrictor plate in the Merc and favored, instead, more restrictions on the Yamato so that the Hot Rod would not be left behind.

The Sidewinder is never going to go as fast as the 20 CID Hot Rod so there are going to have to be changes made to this class. However, the 20 CID Sidewinder is still relatively unknown and unproven as to its performance so, in my opinion, changes made now would be like shooting in the dark. Once the Sidewinder 20S becomes an known entity, I do think the SORC will need to make parity changes.

The Mercs and Yamatos will still have a place to race in 25SSR, however, so long as I have any say in the matter.
          14-H

Comment

Originally posted by csh2z View Post
            The reason the transom height in CSH was lowered was because too many (mostly newer) members were cooking motors. It was my proposal and that was the primary porpose. We also new that a side effect would be a small assist for parity between the two motors. The ONLY reason most people have interpreted this rule as a safety rule, is because, that is the place in the rule book that height restrictions are found.
            One change that has been overlooked by many is the effect of shortening the run from the start to the first turn in a nationals from 1500' to 1000'. That has also helped the 302.
            John, I may be wrong but it was not just because of where it's at in the rule book.

Did the class vote it in or did the SORC? And if it was the SORC, how did they get around the drivers not voting on it?

I just can't seem to remember how that went down. I'm getting old and my memeory could be failing me.
            "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

maybe this is a silly suggestion but...
              since everyone has so much passion on these subjects. when you decide to post an inside joke on an open forum how about (joke) in the post. everyone that is not privy to the joke in the first place takes the post serious.
              oh well I better go roast some coffee and get off here lol

"The Coffee Guy"
              TEAM CAFFEINE
              Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
              " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

hey we could always make a new class for the old hotrod 20. then let the SW20 run both 20 classes (joke)

"The Coffee Guy"
                TEAM CAFFEINE
                Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
                " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Originally posted by Big Don View Post
                  John, I may be wrong but it was not just because of where it's at in the rule book.

Did the class vote it in or did the SORC? And if it was the SORC, how did they get around the drivers not voting on it?

I just can't seem to remember how that went down. I'm getting old and my memeory could be failing me.
                  Height restrictions are safety rules. While they might also be used for other purposes, they are primarily safety rules and should never go to a vote of the members because the APBA By Laws provide otherwise.
                  14-H

Comment

So a loop hole to get the rule passed.
                    "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Big Don View Post
                      So a loop hole to get the rule passed.

Exactly! I learned that from your Dad!
                      14-H

Comment

Originally posted by 14-H View Post
                        Exactly! I learned that from your Dad!
                        By the way, how am I doing?
                        14-H

Comment

Great!!!! KEEP IT UP!!!!

Don Allen

Comment

Ed,
                            Could you allow time on the agenda for the steering committee report. Thanks
                            John Runne
                            2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Originally posted by csh2z View Post
                              Ed,
                              Could you allow time on the agenda for the steering committee report. Thanks
                              John: I will not be appointing a Steering Committee this year. If you wish to address the SORC, of course we will make room for you.
                              14-H

Comment

[QUOTE=14-H;148849]
                                Originally posted by 14J View Post
                                The Y-80 is going to be around a long time in this class, however, so long as I have any say in the matter.
                                I could be wrong (and I'm sure people will let me know if I am) but I thought the plan of the previous commission was to eliminate the 102 from 20SSH, while leaving the 302 in there to keep numbers up until the Sidewinder took hold, and then eliminating the 302, and having the class be the Y80, and Sidewinder 20. That would still be 2 motors, which is more than enough. I suppose in the long run then that the Y80 would die a natural death.
                                So, what's wrong with that plan?
                                Can anybody explain to me why in the world we would want a class with FOUR motors in it?

-Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X