2010 SORC and Chairman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew 4CE View Post
    This concerns me too... too fast once dialed in and OMC on the verg of too fast now. Heck I'd vote to go back 10 years in speed... make OMC run the restrictor plate all the time. But I know the lynch mob would come for me. haha.

Too fast? This is Racing? Isnt the goal to have the fastest rig with the best setup? I have never heard anyone complain about too fast in a '"Racing" enviroment.

Comment

IMO, our biggest down fall is being self governed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovVPYLUitLU

OMG my stomach is doing flip flops now, lol.

:skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing::s kiing::skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing
      :skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing::s kiing::skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing::ski ing::skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing::skiin g::skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing: :skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing::s kiing::skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing::ski ing::skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing::skiin g::skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing: :skiing::skiing::skiing::skiing:

Comment

Originally posted by Boatracer4fun View Post
        Too fast? This is Racing? Isnt the goal to have the fastest rig with the best setup? I have never heard anyone complain about too fast in a '"Racing" enviroment.
        Classes are broken down to a group set of speeds ranges... there are a multitude of fast classes for those that want to go fast. The slower classes should remain that, the slow classes. Racing is about tight competition, not neccessarily going fast.
        Fralick Racing
        Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew 4CE View Post
          Classes are broken down to a group set of speeds ranges... there are a multitude of fast classes for those that want to go fast. The slower classes should remain that, the slow classes. Racing is about tight competition, not neccessarily going fast.
          I never heard the word slow be used in a racing enviroment. No matter what class you run, you want to be fast. Weather is DSH or J class, everybodys goal is to ultimately find the perfect setup and be fast in there propostive class. If that wasnt the case, then what is Racing?

This is Racing and yes it is a tight competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Boatracer4fun View Post
            I never heard the word slow be used in a racing enviroment. No matter what class you run, you want to be fast. Weather is DSH or J class, everybodys goal is to ultimately find the perfect setup and be fast in there propostive class. If that wasnt the case, then what is Racing?

This is Racing and yes it is a tight competition.

if speed were the main root of racing, then why do they install restrictor plates in some NASCAR races? To slow the cars down for better competition and to make it safer.....................
            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

I agree with Daren and Andrew. Some classes "need to be reset" otherwise outboard racing is heading toward anarchy of "free for all"

Increasing boat size would help in almost all situations ... would also make more water venues and weather conditions "raceable" ... 2 problems we are constantly up against.

Comment

Agenda

So Ed what will be your agenda at the National meeting?
                As you have been elected Lets hear your views on what we need in stock.
                Gene Schertz 26V
                TEAM CAFFEINE
                Cranked up and ready to Roll
                Reeds for Speed!

Comment

WOW
                  I guess I killed this one.
                  Gene Schertz 26V
                  TEAM CAFFEINE
                  Reeds for Speed!

Comment

I would guess an orderly agenda will appear in the near future
                    BOPP

Comment

Sidewinder stuff

Maybe this is the wrong forum to express my views...but here goes. I will also be sending a copy of this post to all of the newly elected stock commisioners. There have been a few rumours floating around that as a region 10 stock commisioner that I do not support the new Sidewinder motor. This is untrue. However...here is what I think. Right now, there is roughly 400 people registered to race in the stock catagory. Out of that 400, I am assuming that a certain percentage of them are cross catagory members...IE they run another catagory such as pro, with stock being part of a super license. Lets say there are 300 "full time" stock racers. There are roughly 350 million people in the United States..give or take a few million. That means that less then one in one million people the USA race a stock outboard rig. Think about it....there are more kids registered in the grade school up the street then people registered in stock outboard. That's dang scary folks....Yes...we need new motors available...but..do we want to tell those people that have older motors...such as a Yamato 80, that they have to buy a new motor by a certain date to keep racing with us? Do we really want to do that? And..what about the new people getting into the sport that do not have a lot of money....let's say they only have a few thousand dollars...what is the harm in letting them run older equipment? Don't most of these people end up at some point buying new motors and boats? Like I did with the Tohatsu D motor? The sport is very fragile right now....if we tell a large percentage of our racers that they must purchase a new motor to keep racing, be it a Sidewinder etc...they are going to find some othe racing forum to race in, such as the mod catagory. Also...the majority of the clubs need the income from the racers to keep afloat...of we all of a sudden loose a bunch of entries...will that not hurt the clubs finacially? I say approve the new Sidewinder at the national meeting..but let it become the dominate motor in the classes it runs...and let people decide for themselves if they want to purchase it. Like I said earlier...I did it with the Tohatsu D. If the commision had come to me and said I had to purchase a new d motor to keep running the class I would have quit stock racing and joined the mod catagory. Right or wrong...this is what I think, and i will be letting these views be know at the upcoming meeting. Dave Anderson

Comment

I think this is the perfect place to express your opinion Dave. Thanks for leting the membership know your opinion on the Sidewinder. And I hope a majority of the SORC agree with you.

Gene Schertz 26V
                        TEAM CAFFEINE
                        Reeds for Speed!

Comment

exactly Dave there is a huge differance between having to buy the new motor to be competitive and having to buy the motor to compete.

"The Coffee Guy"
                          TEAM CAFFEINE

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
                          " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Motors

Thank for the input....Maybe it is time for the SORC to take some of the money we have saved up and put it to good use. Lets face it...there is no major outboard motor company that is going to put any cash into the system unless they feel they can get a return on their investment...such as Mercury did with the Merc challenge in the late 80s..early 90s. that being said...why don't we take some of the money we have been saving in the SORC and put it to good use...Why not have the SORC put the money up for a Sidewinder challenge series? Put up 10 k for a series of races coast to coast...you don't have to have a new sidewinder to compete...but if the Sidwinder is the dominate motor racers will buy them to win the money..much as Mercury did with the Challenge series. Just some random thoughts. I will post some more on this. Dave

Comment

Sidewinder Challenge Series

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                              Thank for the input....Maybe it is time for the SORC to take some of the money we have saved up and put it to good use. Lets face it...there is no major outboard motor company that is going to put any cash into the system unless they feel they can get a return on their investment...such as Mercury did with the Merc challenge in the late 80s..early 90s. that being said...why don't we take some of the money we have been saving in the SORC and put it to good use...Why not have the SORC put the money up for a Sidewinder challenge series? Put up 10 k for a series of races coast to coast...you don't have to have a new sidewinder to compete...but if the Sidwinder is the dominate motor racers will buy them to win the money..much as Mercury did with the Challenge series. Just some random thoughts. I will post some more on this. Dave
                              Dave... I like it. I have always been in favor of a Challenge Series.

So, for the Sidewinder Challenge Series, how about an Eastern, Central, and Western series of 2 or 3 races prior to the Nationals, with the Finale at the Nationals. Sounds like a great idea Dave.

Dave... how about a DSH Series.... Tohatsu vs Mercury, with the Finale at the Nationals.

Just some thoughts... Good Luck.
                              sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Must buy a new motor

We all know there is a delicate balance between introducing new equipment and obsoleting exisitng equipment. Or as Dave sated wanting the new motor and having to buy the new motor.

1 in a million race which is not a great percentage compared to other motor sports that have sanctioning bodies that state their rules and ask the drivers to choose to participate. Even the local dirt track states the rules to race...and they are wildly popular. They never go with out enough cars to race and they hav far better numbers than Stock Outboard. Go Karting the same thing, Moto cross the same thing. These are all a higher cost of entry than Stock Outboard. We have to ask why they still attract drivers.

You can't show up with your Pinto and tell the track your racing in the dirt mod.

So, Stock Outboard for years has been very fortunate that we continue to race(even though our numbers are shrinking). Our member approach has made us loyal to our APBA. An organization for which we have had to volunteer to sustain. We are members because we have navigated our way to the class that fits each one of us and many of us have invested way too much money to do it.

Think for a minute how you tell the new driver to belly up the fortitude to stick with it while you search the country to find a motor and a boat that might compete. Soemone's second hand second rate equipment. All they have to do to win, on top of learning to drive these unique crafts, is get 2 miles per hour out of the motor that a veteran racer gave up on.

If you watched Joe Pater's amazing accomplishment this year winning his well deserved Nationals you saw a man that arguably tests his equipment more often and more scientifically than anyone in the country. He earned his way into the Hall of champions with hard work. He ran one motor on the back of both boats. CSH and CSR. Is that because Joe's inventory was low or because that motor was the best of the best. The one motor after years of testing has proven to be his best. On the tach, on the GPS and on the race course. Oh yeah his #2 wasn't bad in CSH on the Bud boat.

Introduce a new motor and we all have the same opportunity to have the same starting point. Keep all of the 402xs's around for ten more years and you risk a new guy that wants to win buying one and getting discouraged and quitting.

Somehow there is a perception that last year the SORC eliminated tons of motors. Not true. Each motor considered still has a place and a class to race. Not a single motor was removed from racing......not one. Motors were balanced into classes to allow new or currently manufactured equipment to be the seed for future growth.

Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X