• Show
Clear All

• Last ones. Got none of our boats running but thats the way it goes
    Attached Files
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Martin View Post
      some of the most gorgeous weather you'll find for boat racing, however mother nature has affected us in another way. with the recent massive rain storms, the wood in this water is stopping us from racing. we've spent the last two days picking up logs, and sticks to no avail the community is here by the dozens, since we cant race for them, a boat show in town was quickly thrown together, to be able to visit with them, and give them something to see. mike and theresa did such a nice job getting this event put together, nothing one can do about these conditions. kevin
      Well that sux. We were there Sat. directly across from pit area waiting......finally went down to a corner and talked to the guys manning that corner...they told us due to debris everyone packed up and went home. So we played around downstream - not knowing all you guys were up above putting on a boat show. Wanted to visit and learn more....oh well, maybe next time.

Comment

• For those that are interested, the river flow is measured in cfs (cubic feet per second) and was running at about 32,000cfs on Tuesday/Wednesday. Then we had that horrific rain storm on Wednesday and Wednesday night. The flow rose to the highest it has been all year at 58,900 cfs.

It was acutally on its way down on Sunday. Dropping to around 56,000cfs.

No wonder we had so much junk in the h2o over the weekend. August, if we are allowed, should be warmer weather, better water and more beach!

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

• haaaa mike just wanted to say prob one of the best race sites ive bin to in my 30+ years of raceing ..... wish there more bank there....locals said there is later in summer.. nats would be cool wee could put in a 2 mile course if we wanted too,,,,

Comment

• Originally posted by form-e one View Post
            haaaa mike just wanted to say prob one of the best race sites ive bin to in my 30+ years of raceing ..... wish there more bank there....locals said there is later in summer.. nats would be cool wee could put in a 2 mile course if we wanted too,,,,
            A week before the race there was 10 feet of beach along the whole park area but it all went away with the rain and logs. End of August there will be lots of launch area. We are waiting to see if it gets approved. The town wants us back for the do over and all of the feed back has been positive so far.

Folks were saying a mile and a quarter was to big thats one of the reasons we shrunk the course to one mile on Sunday. I don't think some of the boats could do three laps on a two mile course with the fuel they carry. Also they said they don't have props for such a big course.

Comment

• Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
              Folks were saying a mile and a quarter was to big thats one of the reasons we shrunk the course to one mile on Sunday. I don't think some of the boats could do three laps on a two mile course with the fuel they carry. Also they said they don't have props for such a big course.

If the conducting club is going to put in such a large course the they need to alert the drivers ahead of time so they can make provisions for extra fuel. Especially the stock classes like the Yamato's who have onboard fuel tanks. And yes, most people won't have props for it as SLORA has never had a course that large.

Plus, when at a new location and trying to put on a good show (with lots of spectators like Montana had), shorter courses provide better racing. Long courses get boring as the boats get so streched out it turns in to a parade, rather than a race.

Just my 2 cents
              Sattler Racing R-15
              350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
              TEAM VRP
              The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

• Originally posted by pro350hydro View Post
                If the conducting club is going to put in such a large course the they need to alert the drivers ahead of time so they can make provisions for extra fuel. Especially the stock classes like the Yamato's who have onboard fuel tanks. And yes, most people won't have props for it as SLORA has never had a course that large.

Plus, when at a new location and trying to put on a good show (with lots of spectators like Montana had), shorter courses provide better racing. Long courses get boring as the boats get so streched out it turns in to a parade, rather than a race.

Just my 2 cents

I think it was overwelming to have such a large body of water that the fun meter was overloaded!

It was nice with the one mile course for the spectators in one aspect. Since there were so many of them they had more area to spread out. If we had run Saturday it would of been jam packed. Many folks that were on there way were informed that Saturday was cancelled so they turned around and went home. Dang cell phones.

Comment

I think it was overwelming to have such a large body of water that the fun meter was overloaded!

Oh I totally agree. And what a great problem to have. But when the stockers are told they will only race two laps, they get angry....LOL
                  Sattler Racing R-15
                  350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                  TEAM VRP

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

• A least the powers that be listened and everybody had a good time. I think a new site always has a few bugs to work out. Next time should be a piece of cake.

The wife and I decided it is a lot easier to drive 5 hours, race and go home than put on a race 25 miles from home. By the time we got packed, made three trip and cleaned the bath rooms we got in a 10:00 that night.

Comment

A least the powers that be listened and everybody had a good time. I think a new site always has a few bugs to work out. Next time should be a piece of cake.

The wife and I decided it is a lot easier to drive 5 hours, race and go home than put on a race 25 miles from home. By the time we got packed, made three trip and cleaned the bath rooms we got in a 10:00 that night.

I agree with you. Nobody realizes how much work is to put on a race until they work behind the scenes to make it all happen. It is a thankless job. And you guys did a great job. You should be very proud of yourselves for a job well done.
                      Sattler Racing R-15
                      350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                      TEAM VRP

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Working...
                      X