Gears and Gearcases - Assorted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam & Bill

First, a turned down, flex-driveshaft, will enhance gearbox longevity. I stock them, but need length to custom make.
    Komato Gearcase does not use Yamato Gears, but improved, much bigger gears using a tough material. The prototype Komato 14:15 gears ran 24 heats under a 240hp VRP 700cc, and gears still feel good.

Jim McKean

Jim McKean
    e-mail: captainjimmckean@yahoo.com

Dudley Malone
    e-mail: centralmarineco@yahoo.com

Comment

Konny

I think they are Konny gears, or did I hear wrong ? Not real sure. There are a lot of posts about it and I have lots of emails. I thought I read someplace that Konny gears are being used ? Jim can correct me if I am wrong.
      Dave Mason
      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Team 222R View Post
        the new gearcase is very good looking
        Amazingly, It looks quite a bit similar to Lee Tietze's design
        Sattler Racing R-15
        350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
        TEAM VRP
        The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

kinda what i thought too...

Originally posted by pro350hydro View Post
          Amazingly, It looks quite a bit similar to Lee Tietze's design
          lee will just smile when he reads that and keep making the best racing equipment in the world... a true ambassador to our sport.

lee however doesn't make 1:1 gears for his case. after the "self-serving few" commissioners voted the "stock" tohatsu out of DMOD last week he most likely won't waste his time. last year in region 10 without the "stock" tohatsu guys stepping up in DMOD, there wouldn't have been a single race with enough legal boats.

i hope you and kim plan on coming over for cullaby this year mike.... we are going to call that race the "mark moberly memorial regatta" cheri will be there and has allowed us the privilege to spread a few of his ashes at the race. lee is making a kick a$$ machined aluminum perpetual trophy for the 350 winner. after 5 years we are going to present it to cheri. i'll have the soft-sided cooler with the bag of ice and bottle of rum (just as you always knew he had on friday afternoon). man i miss that guy...
          Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

would have to agree with ya about voting the tohatsu out of d-mod,,, what where those dummies thinking???...deffinetly wont help our sport,,, wonder if they took a pole first or {just self interest} to see how d-mod guys felt about it????

Comment

hec if they want to run the tahatsu in form-e i think the hole class would welcome them,,, with the same restrictions that the v-rude has ie carbs and block and reeds
              ,,, but otherwise go for it on the modifying,,,

Comment

hotsu

Originally posted by form-e one View Post
                hec if they want to run the tahatsu in form-e i think the hole class would welcome them,,, with the same restrictions that the v-rude has ie carbs and block and reeds
                I personally think the hotsu would be welcome in SE, The biggest problem for me would be to have to give up my cherished 1976 OMC for the efficient Hotsu design. It needs some help but everybody knows that. In NBRA I think the're allready allowed. Anyway I still like my OMC. (I'm old)
                Hal

Comment

Originally posted by form-e one View Post
                  it is allowed in the FE class.............specs are in the rule book, but it is still at a disadvantage cubic inch wise.............BUT, there is one in the works..........
                  Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

we allready did that in NBRA for the s/e class a very competitive engine
                    Jeff

Comment

dose nbra alow the tohatsu in d-mod???

Comment

YES it is a legal d.mod in its stock form in fact I believe at last years nats it was hatsu merc hatsu merc in that order, it is also a legal s/e (f/e) WITH RESTRICTIONS BOTH RUNABOUT and hydro
                        Jeff

Comment

well kinda back to subject of post has or is anyone going to or has tried the new konny gearcase onder the v-rude??? ,,, i like the fact it was tried under the 700 konney,, and can appreciate that,,, but until u put a 8.5-9inch dia prop on it and and then maybe try overdrive with same props the tork and hammering of a 3 holer ....???? ime just tired of eating gears and seeing if anyone tried it yet??? ime sure it is a good case for what it was ment for ,,,but haa??? i doo like the prices..

Comment

Jeff, lets make this clear, the Hatsu is legal NBRA D Mod, along with the Stock 44xs and the 40 CI merc mod motor. NBRA E Mod is the 44 with pipes. By the way nice looking unit. Outboard racing needed some new units, hope they hold up like they say they will.
                            "I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."sigpic

Comment

anyone tried this gearcase..ie the komato... on the evinrude form-e yet???? me getting tired of haveing to buy new gears every season,,,,

Comment

Are you using the flex driveshaft Sid Bass recommends?

Comment

Working...
                                X