Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Running Reports ?

Jim,

Has there been any reports from testing these new units yet ? Our racing friends in the south might still be able to test these before most of us can ? I know they look good.
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Hi Dave

On my "Testimonials" page, the last entry, "Harris", gives a running test report. Your Komato will be here shortly.

Jim
      Attached Files

Comment

11:15 Big Gear KOMATO Hatchet Gearcases

Hello Racers;
        The "Big Gear" 11:15 KOMATO Hatchet Gearcase will be here in 3 weeks Also in 3 weeks, a good stock of KOMATO 11:15, 12:15, 14:15, 14:14, and 15:14.

Contact Jim McKean @"captainjimmckean@yahoo.com"
        or
        Dudley Malone @"centralmarineco@yahoo.com"

Comment

2010 KOMATO Hatchet Gearcase Update

Hi Racers;
          The new 2010 KOMATO Gearcases, 2nd shipment, will be here in two weeks.
          So far, 14 sold, 14 very happy customers. If you hate standing on the podium, don't buy a KOMATO. If you can give up 7mph, don't even think of a Komato. If your gearcases "Aspect Ratio" is less than 5.83, you must buy Komato. If you want to spend 7 hours fine finishing your gearcase, buy that brand. If you like a "Big Gear Bulge", which kills performance, don't buy a Komato. If the gears need a wrench to turn them thru, buy that brand, or visit John Deere. Six (6) gear ratio's, all interchangeable,
          and spare parts guaranteed for 20 years. Order your 11:15, 12:15, 12:14*, 14:15, 14:14, or 15:14 Overdrive KOMATO Hatchet today. Or order a KOMATO Gearcase Housing and fit your own gear sets. KOMATO T-Shirts: $10. WOW!!!!

Jim McKean E-Mail: captainjimmckean@yahoo.com

Dudley Malone E-Mail: centralmarineco@yahoo.com
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jim McKean View Post
            Hi Racers;
            The new 2010 KOMATO Gearcases, 2nd shipment, will be here in two weeks.
            So far, 14 sold, 14 very happy customers. If you hate standing on the podium, don't buy a KOMATO. If you can give up 7mph, don't even think of a Komato. If your gearcases "Aspect Ratio" is less than 5.83, you must buy Komato. If you want to spend 7 hours fine finishing your gearcase, buy that brand. If you like a "Big Gear Bulge", which kills performance, don't buy a Komato. If the gears need a wrench to turn them thru, buy that brand, or visit John Deere. Six (6) gear ratio's, all interchangeable,
            and spare parts guaranteed for 20 years. Order your 11:15, 12:15, 12:14*, 14:15, 14:14, or 15:14 Overdrive KOMATO Hatchet today. Or order a KOMATO Gearcase Housing and fit your own gear sets. KOMATO T-Shirts: $10. WOW!!!!

Jim McKean E-Mail: captainjimmckean@yahoo.com

Dudley Malone E-Mail: centralmarineco@yahoo.com
            Jim, are you guaranteeing a 7MPH increase with this lower unit?????
            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Hi Daren;

All the things we quote are "Testimonials" from customers; we don't fabricate the testimonials from our happy customers. A F500 with 500cc VRP reported 12km/hr increase when he bolted on Komato, using same prop he ran with other gearcase.

Good Racing;
              Jim

Comment

KONNY/KONIG Gearcases & Parts

Hello Racers;
                As a dealer for Konny/Konig Gearcases, and parts, I have a good supply of new Konny Gearcases ($1095), Konny/Konig Gearsets, Propshafts, Bearings and Seals, i.e. everything you need for Konny and Konig Gearcases.

Jim McKean
                E-Mail:"captainjimmckean@yahoo.com"

Comment

KOMATO "Hatchet" Gearcases

Hello Racers;

KOMATO "Hatchet" Gearcases now in stock. Komato "Heavy Duty, Big Gear" 11:15, 12:15, 14:15, and 15:14 ready to ship. Komato 14:14 in two weeks. Komato 12:14 in 3 months. Also, heavy duty Komato Shearpins, Couplers, Driveshafts.

Jim McKean
                  E-Mail: captainjimmckean@yahoo.com

Dudley Malone
                  E-Mail: centralmarineco@yahoo.com

Comment

pics of komoto

heres some pics of this very impressive unit
                    Attached Files
                    Jeff

Comment

gear info needed..

question,,, did i read that right on the gear ratio"s,, is this case offered with a 1 tooth overdrive or??? are the gears one piece?? ie attached to shafts?.. or can we undo the gear and attach different gear ratio?? i undrstand they spiral???...thanks for the /any info.... ie me still eating gears up,,,, mmm 8,5inch dia prop to big dia???....

Comment

Form-E One

Hello Racer;

The Komato Gears all have a very heavy duty solid pinion shaft/pinion gear and propshaft gear. So the pinion assembly is one piece. However, all the ratio's are interchangeable. You can interchange 15:14, 14:14, 14:15, 12:14, 12:15, and 11:15, all "Big Gear"s.

Thanks for asking;
                        Jim McKean

Jim McKean
                        e-mail: captainjimmckean@yahoo.com

Dudley Malone
                        e-mail: centralmarineco@yahoo.com

Comment

YAMATO Gearsets

Hello YAMATO Gearcase Owners;

30 years of being YAMATO Importer means I still very much care about you Yamato guys.
                          I WILL have Yamato Gearsets coming. It may be a year coming, but I'll update soon. Gear Ratio's will include 14:15, 12:14, 12:15, and 11:15. What do you want? I intend on price per gearset to be under $400. Send me a $100 deposit, for above gear ratio's, and you'll come first.
                          So don't lose faith....just wait a while, and don't junk those Yamato Cases.
                          I've got plenty of Yamato propshafts, brg's, seals....and the gears are coming.

BUT< KOMATO "Hatchet" Gearcases are stronger, with tougher gears.

Jim McKean

Comment

Originally posted by form-e one View Post
                            question,,, did i read that right on the gear ratio"s,, is this case offered with a 1 tooth overdrive or??? are the gears one piece?? ie attached to shafts?.. or can we undo the gear and attach different gear ratio?? i undrstand they spiral???...thanks for the /any info.... ie me still eating gears up,,,, mmm 8,5inch dia prop to big dia???....
                            Are you using a thinned down flex input shaft?

Comment

new gears or case?

Originally posted by Jim McKean View Post
                              Hello Racer;

The Komato Gears all have a very heavy duty solid pinion shaft/pinion gear and propshaft gear. So the pinion assembly is one piece. However, all the ratio's are interchangeable. You can interchange 15:14, 14:14, 14:15, 12:14, 12:15, and 11:15, all "Big Gear"s.

Thanks for asking;
                              Jim McKean

Jim McKean

Dudley Malone
                              e-mail: centralmarineco@yahoo.com
                              jim,

the new gearcase is very good looking. i'm curious if the gears are of a new design or manufacture also. are you using the same gears used with the old style case or are these improved gears also?

thanks,

bill
                              Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

mmmm guess will have to try a turned down drive shaft,,, have heard that doesnt help much??? with my new form-e motor makeing more hp than the one i set record with am tryingto get or find something that last longer than about 15 heats,,,,,,, or maybe some good idea's,,,

Comment

Working...
                                X