No announcement yet.

Revolution DMR 'El Cohete'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always been a fan of minimum weights. It puts everybody on a closer playing field. I have heard people say the weights don't make a difference in the bigger classes, the people saying that have a 125 lb driver. You don't ever here us fat people saying that. The NBRA runabout weight is 490 which I think works out well.
    Larry Mac

Comment

Originally posted by brian View Post
      My Luse boat is only 105lb so it is not a plastic vs wood issue. ... So if I weigh more than 170lb I have to go 80mph to race a big runabout. What do you think?
      I think there are a lot of front runners in many classes that are well above minimum weight ... it is an unfounded rumor that you have to be "on weight" to be competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Mac View Post
        I have always been a fan of minimum weights. It puts everybody on a closer playing field. I have heard people say the weights don't make a difference in the bigger classes, the people saying that have a 125 lb driver. You don't ever here us fat people saying that. The NBRA runabout weight is 490 which I think works out well.
        Larry Mac
        Originally posted by sam View Post
        I think there are a lot of front runners in many classes that are well above minimum weight ... it is an unfounded rumor that you have to be "on weight" to be competitive.
        I agree with Larry. You may not have to be right on the minimum weight to be competitive but any extra weight is going to hurt performance. You may be able to get the same top speed with an extra 100 pounds but can a boat that's 100 pounds heavier than another boat run the same E.T. around the course? Very doubtful.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

weights..........

I do not think the weight differences are as critical in a runabout, as they are in a hydro, but 50lbs DOES make a difference............

500lbs might not be a bad starting point.......hell, my CSR weighs (with me in it) on the scales at 505lbs!!!!!!!

BTW, this Revo runabout looks like a good Tohatsu candidate!
          Last edited by mercguy; 03-02-2009, 12:25 PM.
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

No what that means is if you are a 100 lbs over weight you have to do your home work to make up the differants Frist thing I WOULD try is putting a littel smaller prop on Brian you said your new boat is a 105 lb whats the differants 100 lb carb fiber or 100 lb wood i AM Working with a guy that 263 I will not stop working with in his dmod in tell he is running up front should we put handy caps on the moters becuse some guys cant build good moters I think NOT so why handy cap boat builders its good for our sport if you want wieght in dmodr mybe you should be running d stock R we have to many rules already these guys that are over weght should do a littel more testing work with your prop guy and moter guy and setup an you will do just fine look at bobby laws hes a littel over an he won the nats 2007 and his stuff is realy fast im sure he did his home work just like ive been doing for the past 5 years Sorry but thats how i fill dont what to make mad at what i said but wight dont realy matter in my eys sorry agine morris85c
            Lonnie Morris

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
              i Do Not Think The Weight Differences Are As Critical In A Runabout, As They Are In A Hydro, But 50lbs Does Make A Difference............

500lbs Might Not Be A Bad Starting Point.......hell, My Csr Weighs (with Me In It) On The Scales At 505lbs!!!!!!!
              Well I Know My 850ccr Weighs With Me In It At 538, And That Boat Was Built For D-mod 750ccr. But I Am Only 185/190 Depending How Much Beer Intake.lol I Have Seen Bobby Laws Win The Nats At My First Mods Years Back He Had A Roll Up Boat And I Was In A Lay Down Anyways. I Dont Wont Any Change In Weighs As I Dont Think Adding A Lot Of Lead Is The Right Answer.

Ps I Also Think The Biggers Guys With The Right Set Up Is Better Then Us Small Guys Trying To Keeep The Boats On The Water.

Psss I Just Want To Race Forever.

RICHARD J BIRD
              TEAM
              MEANSTREAK/LEFTCOASTRACING
              THE PROP SHOP RACING TEAM
              MOST MODS AND SOME STOCKS

"WE ARE ALL HERE BECAUSE WE ARE NOT ALL THERE"

Comment

Weight Challenge

Mr Morris why don`t you come to a NBRA race run the 490 Lb. mininum weight and see if you can put it on us.
                Art K

Comment

I DO NOT want a minimum weight! I would have to add 40-50lbs of lead to make weight! I am not a big guy I only weigh 175lbs, FYI my boat weighs about 145lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Johnson View Post
                    YES

I've been through the channels re min weights. Didn't even make it to the floor. I hope these paper weight boats will stay on the water.
                    Originally posted by sam View Post
                    No you don't have to be on weight to win. But you take the guy that is 100lbs heaver than the other guy and everything else being equal which one is faster around the course. Sure you can put on a smaller prop and maybe push a big person faster than he was going but he isn't going to be as fast as someone lighter with the same motor and a bigger prop. Any body that thinks weight doesn't count for anything is just blowing smoke. This isn't something I just made up this is law of physic it takes more hp to get a heavy object moving than a light one. I understand if you don't want weights but don't tell me it doesn't make a difference.
                    Larry Mac

Comment

Craig Bowman hasn't been at as many races as he used to run, but you'd have to explain all the skinny kids right on weight that finished behind him over the past decade to prove me 100% wrong.

Comment

Exactly!

Originally posted by Larry Mac View Post
                        No you don't have to be on weight to win. But you take the guy that is 100lbs heaver than the other guy and everything else being equal which one is faster around the course. Sure you can put on a smaller prop and maybe push a big person faster than he was going but he isn't going to be as fast as someone lighter with the same motor and a bigger prop. Any body that thinks weight doesn't count for anything is just blowing smoke. This isn't something I just made up this is law of physic it takes more hp to get a heavy object moving than a light one. I understand if you don't want weights but don't tell me it doesn't make a difference.
                        Larry Mac

Larry is 100% correct!
                        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

The smaller the class and motor the more weight means a differance. With the new design hydros its not as much of a differance as with the older hydros as less boat is in the water. Off a corner is where he differance is now.
                          Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by G Stillwill View Post
                            Off a corner is where he differance is now.

That's right. That's why I said what I did in my post above and that's also why I like long courses. I have a chance on a long course. I've always been a good bit over minimum weight and at a big disadvantage on short courses.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Sam, there were other variables in the Craig Bowman example, driving experience, motor quality, setup, etc... in 08, Craig ran CSR 50 or 60lbs over, I ran 5lbs over, get a chance to watch any CSR heats to see what happened?! Weight matters. GL
                              Future J dad!

Comment

Originally posted by Art K View Post
                                Mr Morris why don`t you come to a NBRA race run the 490 Lb. mininum weight and see if you can put it on us.
                                Art K
                                Sounds like a good idea to me Art.

Originally posted by Merc1 View Post
                                I DO NOT want a minimum weight! I would have to add 40-50lbs of lead to make weight! I am not a big guy....
                                I guess you don't want a minimum weight. Why would you?

Do you want to be the only entry in your class at the races because all the other drivers are 100+ pounds heavier than you are (boat, motor, and driver) and can't compete? Go ahead..... Be the big fish in your small pond. Just don't cry when you are the only fish in your pond.

Anyone that says weight doesn't matter doesn't understand basic physics.

Comment

Working...
                                X