No announcement yet.

Revolution DMR 'El Cohete'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what you are saying is I am a good looking guy? Ok. It is true I can admit that. I have a smart sexy woman and my boat goes fast too.

With that out there. I would like to go mid 70's not high 70's in the 750R class and let the 850's go 80 plus. The only way to do this is a weight limit. FER should be the only no limit class. Fact. Any other answer is a thin guy or a guy who does not want to race the omc's and still wants to go 80.

Comment

• Fyi.....................

Speaking of light guys..........James "MR DMR" Luce graduates boot camp this weekend!! George called last night and is in route to the celebration.

Don't think those guys like weight limits on the DMR's. Nor does Val.

Rock on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
        Speaking of light guys..........James "MR DMR" Luce graduates boot camp this weekend!! George called last night and is in route to the celebration.

Don't think those guys like weight limits on the DMR's. Nor does Val.

Rock on.
        Go James!

Val does not get a vote until she has her own boat and motor. If it not a rule it should be!

Comment

• Originally posted by brian View Post
          So what you are saying is I am a good looking guy? Ok. It is true I can admit that. I have a smart sexy woman and my boat goes fast too.

With that out there. I would like to go mid 70's not high 70's in the 750R class and let the 850's go 80 plus. The only way to do this is a weight limit. FER should be the only no limit class. Fact. Any other answer is a thin guy or a guy who does not want to race the omc's and still wants to go 80.
          Brian
          Fact at best your 750 MR is running upper 60s to low 70,s

so i think your in the speed range class you are wanting! facts are if you were running mid to upper 70's you would be kicking our asses (which you are not) In Fact if you were running the speeds you think you are you would be running us down from behind and passing us in the 3 laps allotted (us meaning the local mid west 750 runabout driver as this is all we get to run against mostly

in the late 80's the speeds at best were 75 to 76 mph, for a top notch Dmr and Emr classes as they were labeled then!
          I used to step up with my 55-H mod and either win or place in the late 80s only being beat by the upper crust of the E class drivers and my speed then was 76 MPH on a 1 mile like Pineville La course

now days the D and E classes (as you know) have been combined in the 750 mr class
          in fact used to race the Dmr class with a 55-H Mod engine and it was actually faster top end then most merc 500 blocks Emr engines

the difference is the E had way more acceleration as long as the owner driver had his stuff together boat, engine,prop , setup etc...

after a 13 year lay off ,and having been back for 3 or 4 races a year since 2007 the speeds have not changed all that much ,save for a select 1 or 2 racers then and only then when on a long race course, and still The greatest speed change has been in the acceleration end of the races EXCEPT for a select few like Morris and Luce( sorry if your running faster and were not mentioned) however without a long 1.25 mile type course the acceleration is the key as most will share with you if you ask!

there are a few 750 mr drivers that say they can run upper 70s but also admit the Speeds are not race-able on many if any race courses

again with all due respect if your 750 MR rig were running mid to upper 70 mph speeds you would be beating bobby laws as well as myself

Kindest regards
          Randy 23-H
          P.S.
          thanks for defending our way of life James !
          Hope all goes your way while doing your tour of duty!!!

10 bucks says when James comes back he has gained 40 pounds of muscle and his weight advantage (if any ) is reduced if not nullified :<)
          Last edited by RandY Aveline; 01-21-2011, 10:20 AM. Reason: adding text
          Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

• These molds have a new home! Anyone interested please pm me. I need to get a price quote on material, but anticipating them to be aprox. 3,500.00. Probably will do a price break on first few. Dan won nationals in the first one built without ever being in the boat. Mr.Anderson pm me your number we will discuss your situation. I have no overhead and am not trying to make a living off of these! Molds fell into my lap due to unfortunate circumstances! Half due at order, rest upon completion. Delivery not included! Thanks, Drew

Comment

Working...
            X