No announcement yet.

Revolution DMR 'El Cohete'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can call me on my cell 209 629 0811 As dave was saying i can sell you a hole dmodR ready to go boat moter prop everything you need to go raceing right now we have a d mod H we are working on lets see what happens with it should be fast morris85c
    Lonnie Morris

Comment

Cohete Specs

Here are some specs...
      Attached Files

Comment

Lonnie,

I was just trying to get some info on Mod motor costs compared to Stock.

I know what various blueprinted, balls-out stock motors cost. Was wondering what the Mod motor expense was.

I know that if I was going to race 4 cyl mod, I'd be calling you. You've got some of the best equipment I've ever seen.

Ballpark...motor only?

Dana

Comment

I run stock an mod an the cost is pretty close But if you want a full blown 750cc mod moter like i run with all bran new parts - block used crank used evreything else is new your looking at about 4500.00-5000.00 but so far most peopel are suppying there own parts so it a lot cheper that way if you supply everything hope this helps you morris85c
          Lonnie Morris

Comment

Deck Design

Mitch, you left out Mr. Pakeman.

That deck design came back with the Feby boats in the J class. The Morris boat is a 2nd generation Gerorge Luce boat which was a copy of the Matt Arlt FER which was inspired by Dave Beiswenger's ASR projects in Fishers Landing New York.

Comment

Bud Pinto

The late great Bud Pinto of Westville NJ popularized the "Wedgie" design in the late 80's early 90's when he and Casey Minton teamed up. Casey drove a "Wedgie" design, as they called it, to at least one J runabout and one A runabout national championship. I remember being in the lead pack in the final heat of A runabout in 1991 at Wakefield when Casey, with about a 5mph advantage, drove around the outside of us with a huge smile on his face! He drove the hell out of that boat. Philip Defebo then built similar boats for his kids.

Comment

Originally posted by reed28n View Post
                Mitch, you left out Mr. Pakeman.

That deck design came back with the Feby boats in the J class. The Morris boat is a 2nd generation Gerorge Luce boat which was a copy of the Matt Arlt FER which was inspired by Dave Beiswenger's ASR projects in Fishers Landing New York.
                Actually Scott, I remember the Forcier (spelling) family had a 60-J runabout in the early to mid 80's with the same style decks mentioned in this thread. From there, I remember Bud Pinto built Casey Minton a JR, OMC boat, with the same decks in the early 90's.
                Joe Silvestri
                CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                JH/JR

Comment

Joe - Jon Neal's J boat?

Jonathan Neal drove a 60-J boat that his dad built in the late 70's with a flat top wedgie style, and canvas decks. I think it had a top deck that was about 12" wide at the dash. Web Chandler copied that boat for Brent Chandler in 1980, so there were at least two of them out there. Dee Gallagher got his start in the Chandler one...

Comment

Kevin, the boat I'm thinking of had all wooden decks and the boat appeared to be new. But then again I was only 10 years old. I do remember thinking it was really cool. I raced against that rig at the 85 nationals and that same year at our Akron Ohio race and then never saw it again or the family for that matter. Speaking of a Neal J runabout, Jon Brewster had one that was black and had a cloth deck but it was not a wedge style boat. I drove it once at Dayton for him, it was pretty quick. My little runabout was an Austin with the center of the top deck being cloth and a duck bill nose. That was a great boat. I finished 4th at the 85 stock nationals in it and won the J mod runabout nationals with it once or twice.
                    Joe Silvestri
                    CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                    JH/JR

Comment

jim brewster used this design on his bu in the mid 60ss. jim is jeff uncle and jacks brother. it was quite radical looking and ran very well. he made one for me in 67 and i ran a kg4 on it. had a offset fin on the bottom and flat turned. at the natls in essex md that year i won both my elimination heats and in the finals came in 2nd the first heat and won the 2nd heat but unfortunately jumped the gun and finished overall third. it was a great design for that time period. think jim made several of these boats. will post a picture when i get back to ohio. bet jeff can post a picture of jims bu.
                      john maddrell

Comment

Originally posted by guedo499 View Post
                        Yep, I want one of those... How about a 375lbs DMR - boat, motor and driver?
                        Hang one of them PRO motors off there and you'd be talkin!
                        Moby Grape Racing
                        "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

info for brian 33m, i tried a minimum proposal a couple national meetings ago and it didn't make it passed the commitee. so good luck 2 all of us that still run the woodies. other than that the new one is pretty but so r luces!!

Comment

Really does it matter who started the design? Like most designs they come and go and sometimes comeback.
                            Youngest Member of the Flyer Raceboat Gang

Comment

Originally posted by dil/viller View Post
                              info for brian 33m, i tried a minimum proposal a couple national meetings ago and it didn't make it passed the commitee. so good luck 2 all of us that still run the woodies. other than that the new one is pretty but so r luces!!
                              My Luse boat is only 105lb so it is not a plastic vs wood issue. It is safety and competition issue. You can not put a 400lb boat against a 520 lb boat and have a good race. The speeds in this class have jumped in the last couple of years. If you want to go low 80's in a runabout race FE. This should be the only no weight class in my eyes. So if I weigh more than 170lb I have to go 80mph to race a big runabout.

I want 12-20 750r's at every race!! I think we need a weight that is low and not crazy. 500lb Using these numbers... 100lb motor, 220lb driver and gear and a 150lb boat.

What do you think?

Comment

Minimum weight

YES

I've been through the channels re min weights. Didn't even make it to the floor. I hope these paper weight boats will stay on the water.

Comment

Working...
                                X