Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blank CD

Darrell
    That CD disk that you gave me for Bryan Payn did not have anything on it ! They all were sittiing around the big screen TV ready for a big show and all they got was dead air . Connie said she hoped there is more to the TOP-O then what they got
    When I get my corpy back from J Michael I will sent it to Bryan.
    Russ Bircher 45-R/151-R

Comment

Connie & Bryan
      Sorry about there being nothing on that video. It was one that was returned to me. I will get a new one out to you tomorrow. Then you can watch the big show.
      Darrell

Comment

Video

Wow and I thought I had fun going fast in a FEH. This I have got to try. This is a real tough looking race especially for an old man but???? Thanks for the video when I get there I'll buy you at least 2 brews.
        David Everhart S52
        David Everhart S52
        Avatar credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

THANKS!! This Is to cool. Everyone needs to do it at least once. Im thinkin.. an A boat better be a little longer than the go around in circles version and a bit tougher

Comment

A big thanks to all that have posted on this thread, especially to Darrell and Jeff Brewster. Your experience / advice is well appreciated and will be put to good use by this rookie. I'm looking forward to meting some of you in August and yes I'll be sure to have a few cold ones for ya Darrell..............any preference.

You Humble Servant

Comment

Hi Darrell
              My son & I both ran the marathon last year in "A" class, My first year, but he is one of the seasoned vet, previously running the "J" class in the past years gone by. We can't wait to do it again.
              I bought the McGinnis Video, & have taken it with me to a couple of parties, (St. Patty's and such) it always draws a crowd, but the helmet cam video is news to me.
              I've been able to recruit 1 driver, if I can get him away from Alexandria, KY.
              He's turning into a Mod guy, but I think I've got him coming north that weekend, & a half a dozen or so spectators. Just trying to do my part for the concessions and the locals.
              Brett L. 156M

Comment

For a web site to the area, go to fishweb.com, click on lodging and then Indian River. This also has a blip about the inland water way. Check it out!
                Goose Man

Comment

Goose, that is a great website. By far the best maps I have found so far and the pictures are outstanding. It is really great to see a non-racing group publicize outboard racing to the extent that they are. Thanks for posting this.
                  kk

Comment

I like that helmet cam video...Pete got a nice close up of me....Sorry about that Pete!

Comment

I've watched the video twice now, wow! I just can't decide where I would crash first? Could it be a strait away chine roll? Maybe a blowover or stuff? Perhaps a combo of the two?

If I made it across the lake, would I make it past the sea walls, docks, anchored boats? Could I get past the bridge post or lock channels?

I'm pretty sure the oncoming traffic would do me in! Good news is if I made it all the way to the turn around bouy, I'd get to do it all over again!

I'm pretty sure I'd just get lost though.
                      " It's a sad day when you've outgrown everything"
                      Art Pugh

Comment

Me Too

Originally posted by epugh66 View Post
                        I've watched the video twice now, wow! I just can't decide where I would crash first? Could it be a strait away chine roll? Maybe a blowover or stuff? Perhaps a combo of the two?

If I made it across the lake, would I make it past the sea walls, docks, anchored boats? Could I get past the bridge post or lock channels?

I'm pretty sure the oncoming traffic would do me in! Good news is if I made it all the way to the turn around bouy, I'd get to do it all over again!

I'm pretty sure I'd just get lost though.
                        I also watched it again this past Sunday evening. My wife was out of town so I was able to take my time and view some of twice without hearing "is it almost finished". I don't know if I would want to park my yacht on some of the corners with a bunch of crazed racers screaming by on a sheet of plywood at 60 mph just on the edge of control. By the way I may be one of the slow ones, so don't run into me on your way back. My main goal is to finish.
                        kk

Comment

Glad to hear that so many new Top O racers are coming. It looks like this year will be the best in years. As an added incentive, the registration fee is waived for first time racers...that should go a long way toward paying for your gas to get way up here. Lookin forward to seeing all of you. Check out marathonnationals.com for more info.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by racer121M View Post
                            Glad to hear that so many new Top O racers are coming. It looks like this year will be the best in years. As an added incentive, the registration fee is waived for first time racers...that should go a long way toward paying for your gas to get way up here. Lookin forward to seeing all of you. Check out marathonnationals.com for more info.

Bob
                            I am really looking forward to the trip and race. I am coming with Darrell, so I will have someone to show me the ropes. I've got to do this before I get too **** old, come to think of it, I am too **** old now. I don't call myself krazy karl for nothing.
                            kk

Comment

Hey Krazy Karl...I'm 63 and still beating my brains out...I can still remember hearing my teachers saying that I was a "slow learner" I think Darrell may be my age as well and he still hasn't learned either.

Comment

Originally posted by racer121M View Post
                                Hey Krazy Karl...I'm 63 and still beating my brains out...I can still remember hearing my teachers saying that I was a "slow learner" I think Darrell may be my age as well and he still hasn't learned either.
                                I just turned 62 and I know Darrell was 63 a little ways back. So we are all a bunch of old farts who should know better. I ran the Oroville Marathon a couple of months ago. I finished the first heat of 33 miles but only made it a little more than 1/3 of the way on the second. This was all on one day and I was a bit sore the next few days. It was a bit rough on the start of the second heat. It was still a blast am I am looking forward to doing more.
                                kk

Comment

Working...
                                X