Top O' Helmet cam by Pete Schwab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top O' Helmet cam by Pete Schwab

First off let me stand up an catch my breath for a minute, this footage is by far the wildest Stock Outboard racing footage I have ever seen in my entire life!

Darrell sent me a copy which arrived today and I have been glued the screen for the last hour or so. The Top O race is by far the toughest boat race any where in world second to the 24 Hour OPC race in Europe.

The driver wearing the helmet cam is wide open for almost one hour straight! running over some of the roughest water you have ever seen in your entire life!

I am at a complete lost for words and shocked after watching the helmet cam footage provided by Pete.

The footage is way to long for the internet and would loose its touch if I try to edit it down for posting but I might try over the next few weeks.

I encourage everyone to get a copy of the DVD it will blow you away!

Thanks Darrell its awesome !
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Dvd

The DVD is available from:
    McGinnis Video,
    PO Box 486, Indian River, MI 49749
    231-238-4030

It is $29.50 with shipping. It has a lot of good footage of the race, the best part is the helmet cam shots from a CSR.
    Last edited by Tomtall; 03-12-2007, 06:16 PM.
    Tom L.

Comment

Hey Tom

This DVD is 60 minutes of helmet cam footage so it might be from a different source not sure, I do know its awesome footage. I'm watching it again right now !
      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Helmet cam video

Maybe Darrell can chime in here and lets us know.
        Yo - Darrell you around?
        Tom L.

Comment

He had a post up a few days ago asking if anyone wanted a copy and I replied. came in the mail today.
          HTML Code:

Comment

I will be happy to send a copy of Pete's helmet cam video to anyone who has ever had any thought of running Top 'O. I just want to know what class you are interested in running. ASR, BSR, CSR, DSR, 25SSR, JR (Indian River only) SLT Bandit, Outlaw, X Class.
            "Couch Potatos" please don't ask for one.
            Also, please buy a copy of :
            McGinnis Video,
            231-238-4030
            It is $29.50 with shipping.
            They did a great job on this video and I want them to make enough money to do it again this year

Darrell Sorensen
            4-C@clearwire.net

Comment

Trailer!!!!!

We need a trailer... that will help sales!!!!

Comment

I think I need 1!!!

I sure would like to have one , i think as a 260lb non couch potato i'll run D.!!
                RichardKCMo
                Originally posted by CSR4C View Post
                I will be happy to send a copy of Pete's helmet cam video to anyone who has ever had any thought of running Top 'O. I just want to know what class you are interested in running. ASR, BSR, CSR, DSR, 25SSR, JR (Indian River only) SLT Bandit, Outlaw, X Class.
                "Couch Potatos" please don't ask for one.
                Also, please buy a copy of :
                McGinnis Video,
                231-238-4030
                It is $29.50 with shipping.
                They did a great job on this video and I want them to make enough money to do it again this year

Darrell Sorensen
                4-C@clearwire.net
                RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

It's definetly worth a look If you ever wonderd what the Top O is like !
                  Darrell Gave me one a couple months back and I've wached it over and over....Every time it gets to the river section I just get this huge GRIN

This race is for sure on my list of things to do !!!

Thanks Darrell
                  93-C

Comment

Originally posted by Richard K.C. Mo. View Post
                    I sure would like to have one , i think as a 260lb non couch potato i'll run D.!!
                    RichardKCMo
                    Richard,
                    Let me know what boat you are going to run & which of the 4 legal D stock motors. Tohatsu (If money no object that would be by 1st choice), 44SX, 55H or Super Thunderboldt. (see attached rules)
                    In '05 a 55H won D & he finished 2nd in '06.
                    You will also owe me a beer when you come to Top 'O Aug 18-19

Comment

Great Video

I got the DVD yesterday and watched last night. My wife thinks that I'm crazy to want to do it and I just might be. I will be there this year though and do all I can to finish both days. I'm looking forward to it more than I could have imagined.

I'll be sure to check my kill switch though!

Steve Roskowski

Comment

Hey Steve

I watch my copy twice last night and Im still shocked! oh yeah dont forget the kill switch

How much fuel do they carry in CSR to last over an hour ? the real scary part is the two way traffic towards the end

Awesome footage every boat racer should buy a copy of the helmet cam fooatge.
                        HTML Code:

Comment

How do the the little ASR make it across the river section of the course without drowing in the ocean waves!
                          HTML Code:

Comment

Most of the C's use 13' boat with a 6 gal tank. 5 will do the job most times. ASR has lost popuarity lately at Top 'O as a bigger boat is much better on the lakes.
                            In 1989 Ric Montoya rented a video camera from a local shop in Indian River (he didn't tell them what he was going to do with it) Mounted it on the deck of his ASR & wraped it in a plastic bag to video the race. He had some great shots from Indian River (there were a lot of As the year). Onced the got to Mullett Lake all video was sky-water, sky-water, sky-water. The modern helmet cam is much better.

Comment

I'll Take One

Darrell,

D Runabout.

Send to Dave Mason
                              226 North Moorland Drive
                              Battle Creek, MI 49015
                              Dave Mason
                              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                              X