No announcement yet.

Top O' Helmet cam by Pete Schwab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Darrell...thank you for really sparking some interest in the Top O! It's great to hear about all these guys who are going to run this year. Is the DVD you have different than the one McGinnis made? I already bought that one but if yours is different I'd sure like a copy if you can spare it. As usual, I'll be running CSR. Can't WAIT for August!!!

Bob Hartman

Comment

Oops...Darrell Iforgot my address: Bob Hartman
      Box 45
      East Jordan MI 49727

Comment

Marathon boats

Dave,

You better move that fin to the bottom of your boat! I'd hate to see a purple smear on one of the seawalls!

Steve

Comment

I sell bottom fins, $20 ea.

Comment

A thought

Originally posted by CSR4C View Post
            "Couch Potatos" please don't ask for one.
            Darrell, I think it's great that you are sending these vid's out to help promote the Top 'O race. However, I hope you're making a list so you can take attendance at the race. Folks who get a copy of the video, and then don't make the race, could expect a bill in the mail in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard K.C. Mo. View Post
              I sure would like to have one , i think as a 260lb non couch potato i'll run D.!!
              RichardKCMo
              Come on Richard, you gotta go. I just ran the Oroville Marathon, my first race, and it was a blast. I can't wait for Top O', I should have all the bugs out by then. I had a couple surface last week and didn't finish the 2nd heat, the first lap was a bit rough. I'll be running a D Runabout with a Super Thunderbolt.
              kk

Comment

Originally posted by jeff55v View Post
                Darrell, I think it's great that you are sending these vid's out to help promote the Top 'O race. However, I hope you're making a list so you can take attendance at the race. Folks who get a copy of the video, and then don't make the race, could expect a bill in the mail in September.
                All I am asking in exchange for the video is for them to buy me a beer at Top 'O (I don't plan on bringing any with me) No shows are going to owe me big time, at least a case
                Darrell

Comment

Originally posted by CSR4C View Post
                  All I am asking in exchange for the video is for them to buy me a beer at Top 'O (I don't plan on bringing any with me) No shows are going to owe me big time, at least a case
                  Darrell
                  Darrell,
                  I don't think the fridge in the camper can hold that much beer, but I'll help you with it as best I can.

Comment

Ill take one

Darrell

Can't wait to see the show, sounds like fun

Yurok D Runabout
                    Powered by Tohatsu

Send to
                    Tony Anderson
                    1310 White Oak Mountain
                    Hector Arkansas 72843

=========================
                    Tony L. Anderson
                    tonylanderson@hotmail.com
                    sigpic

Comment

Really ?

Originally posted by modhydro View Post
                      Dave,

You better move that fin to the bottom of your boat! I'd hate to see a purple smear on one of the seawalls!

Steve
                      I thought bottom fins were for sissys, and side fins for real men...

In reality I have two runabouts that might work. The original Banana boat built by Harry Brinkman and one B&W built by Winston and Randy Terril. Mom's old CMR's. If I can talk her into letting me try it... and then talking a buddy of mine to loan me his stocker I might be in. I have always wanted to run a marathon, I got hooked at Ternton watching 70 boats trying to cram accross the start line at one time... looked like a blast.
                      Dave Mason
                      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Permission

Dave,

I don't know many guys your age need to ask their mom!?!?!

It will be great if you can make it up there. What engine are you going to run then, 44XS or C Yamato?

Steve

Comment

What I need...

Is there a website or thread I can go to to learn much more about the Top 'O? I don't need the tourist website (already been there).
                          I wanna know:
                          1.) Directions to the pits
                          2.) Hotel and camping info. Recommended hotels? How close are the hotels to the pits? How close is camping to the pits?
                          3.) Registration fees and times
                          4.) Fuel available?
                          5.) etc...etc
                          IF I make it there, I'll be a first timer. So, I'd like to learn and plan as much as I can in advance.
                          Thanks.

Comment

Going Racing

Does this mean you are going to be at some of the races this year? Us local region 7/8 guys would love to see a Tohatsu in person, better yet actually race! Tohatsu's are like BIGFOOT, I've heard people talk about them and show their pictures but have never seen one first hand.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff55v View Post
                              Is there a website or thread I can go to to learn much more about the Top 'O? I don't need the tourist website (already been there).
                              I wanna know:
                              1.) Directions to the pits
                              2.) Hotel and camping info. Recommended hotels? How close are the hotels to the pits? How close is camping to the pits?
                              3.) Registration fees and times
                              4.) Fuel available?
                              5.) etc...etc
                              IF I make it there, I'll be a first timer. So, I'd like to learn and plan as much as I can in advance.
                              Thanks.
                              1. The pits are at DeVoe Park, down town Indian River, they open about 4pm on Friday 8/17
                              2. There is a state park just south of Indian River. Check your computer for motels.
                              3. Registration is on Friday evening at the "Inn Between", or Sat. morning in the pits. Entry fee is around $90 or about a $1 a mile. Last year there was no entry fee for anyone who had never raced Top 'O before, don't know if the club will do it this year. Since this a national championship you must be a Racing member of APBA, not single event.
                              4. There is usually a designated gas station that meets the fuel standard.
                              5. Send md your address so I can send you the helmet cam video. You will aslo get a copy of last years' program, that has a lot of information.

Darrell

Comment

Ya ya

Originally posted by modhydro View Post
                                Dave,

I don't know many guys your age need to ask their mom!?!?!

It will be great if you can make it up there. What engine are you going to run then, 44XS or C Yamato?

Steve
                                But respect your parents is what I do !! Since she owns her own race boats, I kinda gotta ask. I stole the hardware out of it for my runabout, you shoulda heard her when she discoverd that... dang near cost me a race cause she was not gonna let me run it !

I hope to run a D up there. I might be better able to find a 55H to run. Most 44XS'rs are not real fond of loaning out engines, let alone for marathons.
                                Dave Mason
                                Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                                X