X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good luck boyd and robin stay safe

Comment

• Charlie gets wet

Met Boyd at Waites and watched the first launch of the little El-boat. Minor problems with drive shaft seal leaking and a place to put the start up key, but as in the Schnell Racing Teams everything worked out after a major discussion. Boyd took first out , then Robeeen. Robeeen said it drives like a Cadillac , but since they don't own one I think she was trying to say Buick.. Races today with maybe 4 classes of flats. Jimmy D.

Comment

• Charlie gets wet and Boyd gets stuck!

Nice day at the lake for the 2011 SLORA boat races at Waits Lake, WA.
        Got to see Chargin Charlie in the garage gettin preped, and now roaring
        around the lake....nice work B and R

sorry had to add the pic of the Jerk gettin unstuck from the mud

Last edited by killerfungis; 09-10-2011, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• Killerfungu?

Do I know you? Must be a secret spy blackmail dealie...
          To my right is Robin perched on charlies' nose paddling in to kick some sense into me...? I won the foot race though, even with quick sand covering my boney toes. And that Dr. Drewsome tried tackling me for no good reason, jerk out raced him also! Looser

Thanks for the pictures, we had fun with no break downs and all the hard work really paid off so all we had to do is add fuel (1 1/2 gallons per heat) and adjust things.
          We will need extensive testing to even think about getting into the 70s, probably never happen this year, hey, its a stock Blazer truck motor!!. Best speed was 68.4 with a tach bouncing 6400. The boat does like orange apex buoys though! Cant figure that one out....

Great weekend! SLORA rocks!

Thank you all for stopping by with your cameras and great comments on how good E25 looked, (even the bottom), it makes all my hours of labor seem worthwhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Altered Thoughts View Post
            Met Boyd at Waites and watched the first launch of the little El-boat. Minor problems with drive shaft seal leaking and a place to put the start up key, but as in the Schnell Racing Teams everything worked out after a major discussion. Boyd took first out , then Robeeen. Robeeen said it drives like a Cadillac , but since they don't own one I think she was trying to say Buick.. Races today with maybe 4 classes of flats. Jimmy D.
            You missed a good race! But thanks for being there for us..... Now resume your rockin...

Comment

• I think we need a bigger drum

A bigger stick
              Attached Files

Comment

• Beat with bigger stick

Best by Test, well now that just doesnt apply, now does it. We had 5 minutes of testing at 30 mph! Did you get this from the Marine bunch?
                Try this out, speed formula:
                6000 rpm X 1.18 gear X 15 pitch X .000947 = 100.57 mph
                minus hull and prop inefficiency which should be app 20% = 80.4 mph! But the boat ran a high of 68.4 so thats 35% loss due to hull or prop slip! Here lies the problem. All my other props are too big so a 10 1/4 diameter stellings is on the way from a dear friend in Seattle! Now, on to fixing the leaky valves and oil pan.

Comment

• here

it used to be leading, here is proof:

Comment

• Well Charlie is at Ione with Boyd! I did not go this weekend, I have to work! I love the boat Charlie, but I think for me I wll just drive it for fun. I just do not have it in me anymore for racing. So Boyd will be racing Charlie from here on out! As for me, when I drive it, it will be at the lake as a lake boat and for fun!

Comment

• Well

Dont jump to conclusions, since wifie posted before the Ione report. This boat is amazing if an old fart like me can hug buoys (very close tight ones) and battle for position with a junk yard 60 mph Dog engine! All the quirks and bugs are now gone from its handling and this thing turns better than a Lavey, possibly better than a Marlin!!! Oh that will leave a mark!
                      Have water log manifolds coming so she can go lake cruising to her hearts delight and discover Charlies Magic! Call me crazy but, I kinda think, she wants to cruise the Burley Island though.//.////.,,./

Comment

• Charging Charlie

2011 Waits Lake race in Washington.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Charging Charlie

part 2 Waits Lk.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Chargin Charley

part 3 Waits Lake.
                            Attached Files