No announcement yet.

Chargin Charlie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love this shot, had to repost it: Notice which plates move, and incidently, I had to raise the left stationary one up 10 flats!!! Drag racers!

Comment

• Chargin Charlie

Boyd has just completed adding the brace, gas tank, new trailer axle and wheels, plus the tack in the dash. Woo Hoo, Boyd! all that is left is the motor.
      O ya!
      Attached Files

Comment

• Chargin Charley

Ok, so the wheels and tires didnt work. When Boyd added the motor to the boat the trailer almost hit the ground, so now we have to get new leaf springs and different wheels and tires so the trailer doesnt drag on the ground, what the heck is up with that? So no testing at the Montana race this weekend! Bummer!

Comment

• Not so fast Lucy......Went to Antique Auto Ranch and found some 1930 something spring to repair the 1930 something original spring leafs, added a center bolt, pounded and pounded, got them apart, put 2 extra leafs in, now 10 total and found some rusted wheels with the right off set, and remounted the new 6 ply trailer tires and we are pushing it out into the daylight for trailer light wiring. If it tows, (now only 1/8" off square instead of 1 full inch) I will head out early tomarrow and finalize the assembly at Trout Creek! There should not be 2 races in a row without flats! Boy, I'm beat up!

Comment

• Proof

Here is the current almost! shot;

Comment

• Dang

Well its 2 am Sat morn and I am not ready to travel. Boat needs the hydraulic throttle mount made, a fuel filter bracket fabbed (fuel tank has bits of alum inside), driveline shield mounted, seat brace drilled, header collector welded on, opps, I wont make it! Guess there arent any other flats there anyway! Would have been a good test, I'm too old for this 16 hour thrashing!

Comment

• Sounds like you had a busy nite there Boyd. Sorry to hear you're not going to make it to Trout Creek.
                I was getting ready to head down that way to help hold boats, but it doesn't look like that will be needed today. Guess I'll go pick knapweed instead!

Comment

• Thanks

for watching here, I couldnt get you on your phone.....
                  Of interest, I just heard all the Nostalgia bunch that went APBA racing this weekend instead of Trout Creek were disqualified in first heat. That couldnt have been a fun day for them, and the live stream showed a flare being deployed to stop the leaders. Big course, big time problems, it would seem! They will be quite happy to return to Waites I would imagine. See all you hydro friends there!

Oh, the lights on the trailer are still messed up! New wiring and new led bulbs!!!!!! 3 hours of labor, down the drain, anyone need a hexed voo doo trailer? Cheap!

Comment

• Neither of us was there but what I hear is that what happened was not the APBA's fault. That would be like blaming the bread for burnt toast. (heard that the other day and just had to use it).

As for your trailer, those LED lights can be a real pain. Try running individual grounds for each tail light all the way to the front. Worked for me in the past.

Comment

• Boyd & Mel

You guys need to quit talkin in riddles about stuff you weren't there to see how it went down. Ya, the Outlaw bunch had some trouble. You guys both have my number if you really want to know what happened. Otherwise, it's all speculation.

Comment

• Gee, I don't have your number. For the record, what I heard came from Jeff and he WAS there. No speculation here.

Comment

• Jeff was asleep at the wheel. the toaster malfunctioned and the toast burnt and who cares about led trailer lights? really
                          Dave over and out!!

Comment

• Ror did it, I messed his up! Ya who cares?

Comment

• Originally posted by E-MOTION View Post
                              Jeff was asleep at the wheel. the toaster malfunctioned and the toast burnt and who cares about led trailer lights? really
                              I heard you took everyone on a short carosel ride into the DMZ! Bad boy bad boy what ya goina do when they come for you?

Comment

• Well, that's an Outlaw for ya! At least he's a leader, not a follower :rolleye

Comment

Working...
                                X