Chargin Charlie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ione

Robin, we really missed you out there! Boyd has Charlie really dialed in & did he drive the heck out of it; gave me a run for my money Will we see you in Sammamish? I am tryin to get out of work saturday...

Comment

• Ya, I missed her too and I need to thank all the hydro family for the great potluck they provided, wow! Race, eat, rest,eat,race,race some more, eat some more, my cup of tea!
      I had to return earlier than most with a singing deal at a retirement home but didnt make it on time, well I was on time for the eating afterwards!
      Yes, Charlie has surpassed my expectations totally. I had fear that the fast hull would not handle at slower speeds, kinda like that big bad b-boat Beisemeyer. But that was not the case and I could turn way sharper than my old Lavey circle boat!
      I had the pleasure of calling Al Monday to praise his little boat and admit our first handling issues at Ione were my own fault. Loose rudder keyway and quadrant, and wrong prop gear combination caused the hooking and chine dancing. Made him quite happy!
      Now on to Sammamish where I hear a fairly large J-boat reunion will take place as well as Charlie sitting side by side with Als other legend, 'Gold Dust'! Hope all my E friends can make the tow there especially, you Charming Ghost 309! I guess you can camp in the pits, so I am.

Comment

• Go Bomber

Very proud of my wife and her courage in trusting a jerk with an un-tested unraced restored boat. Ya never know what can happen or what was forgotten in the hurry to make the few last races. She wont give up and all will be different when my K boat hits the water next year. She will have more fun than her last hard driving Lavey. Why? It's way better and gets great fuel economy: I burned 5 gallons all weekend! And that's pump gas!

Great picture, many thanks to Bill and Joshua, your rescue boat friends! By the way, she sat beside Earl Wham and he grilled her for hours with questions.....His restored hydro is nearing completion, I hear. Wonder, just wonder...

Comment

• Charlie

third race in its home town of Seattle
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asGO9...eature=related

Comment

• Sidenote

Was all the work worth it? well......Seattle saw Al Lapoint, Dave Baugh and Jim Hooker and their respective wifes all looking at charlie, Gold Dust, and Wathache Javelins with very big grins! Al asked how much! Jim just stared from stem to stern. How about reunion photos Dave? Dave, you there, Dave? Dave?

daves not here!

Yes, well worth it!

Comment

• Well

Sometimes things just dont work as hoped....I have decided to sell Charlie to pay some bills. Buy it turn key with totaly restored trailer and Legal 350, or I'll take a little less and you install your sbc. Give me a call, its gotta go by January. 509 995 8254

It drives like a big boat with that special profile hull.....

Comment

• say it aint so

This is disappointing for me as well that you are selling Charlie...I really enjoyed racing with you....What about your Aquacraft? You going to keep & finish it & still race or what?

Comment

• yes

Yes, E25 is sold! thank you those involved for the help!

Comment

• Over 18,000 hits says alot!

With that many hits, I oue you folks who watched with interest Charleys rebirth to let you know, it may be raced by the new owner but that depends on how soon he can adapt from a Jet boat to an prop boat! I have offered to help.

Comment

• Where is Charley going or is it staying local???? What's next for you Boyd...Aquacraft???

Comment

• Sad

Originally posted by Jerkizoid View Post
                        Yes, E25 is sold! thank you those involved for the help!
                        SAD day for the now we can only hope you come to your sences soon.

I have a nice little ERR E-24 for you if you want it!

BTW do I get my Prop back soon?

Comment

• Thanks you all

Boat is staying in NorthWest Spokane and will probably seen on Long Lake! I have offered to help him at one day this Spring to see if someone local can drive it well. Of course anyone younger than I would be better! Hate to see such a unique boat become a pleasure-fun boat but we can work on him and of course helping him and most important ENCOURAGING HIM NOT STRONG ARMING HIM! Who would do that??????Dave? I still have some gears, extra v-drive, and lots of Big Block engines and parts misc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm Skool Reject View Post
                            Where is Charley going or is it staying local???? What's next for you Boyd...Aquacraft???
                            Aquacraft or the Cruiser are next to go, which ever one is left I may be able to keep for myself. Hows your Bluefish coming?

Comment

• racing

I hope the person that bought Charlie will entertain the idea of racing....it's what that boat was designed for....My Marlin has been undergoing a top-secret make-over....hoping to see some out front water this year

Comment

• One left

Yes, the ole #57

Comment

Working...
                                X