Sidewinder/hotrod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRAOF View Post
    AOF Rules state that you have to have 25 motors in stock. This would be a new motor. Make a proposal for the sidewinder. It would probably be raced in the A and B class and ran with the Hot Rod , Mercs and no motor would be eliminated. Run what you Brung. AOF lets everyone have an chance to race what ever motor they may have. It's about every racer not a click.
    Tony
    Did Bass have 25 Ds in stock when AOF approved that motor?

*Not knocking Bass here, just making a point.
    Ryan Runne
    9-H
    Wacusee Speedboats
    ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

What A Shame?

To bad you'er done you had a lot to say.
      Originally posted by 371-M
      Well, here is my point, Ron talks about the first run on engines being 75 unit's, great,AWESOME,- but why pay for all that stock (60?) to potentially sit on the shelf, soaking up the cashflow when they could be clamped on and running. you paid for them anyway ron, wat's the difference where they soak up the sun? get e'm out there so there is less transition time of phazing out the old hot rod. Don't worry if someone doesn't return your leased motor, I will personally drive to there house and return it to you

parity?- APBA need's to be more like nascar on this issue, just look at the 20 & c classes- put a plate on the carb, raise the motor,lower the motor 80,102,302 YADA YADA YADA..... make the rule and don't change it!

take the new motor, test until it's right, put it into the class (NO PROBATION) and run the old motor for 1 year and that's it!, --if the old dog beats the new dog all year, oh well, --if the new dog blows off the old dog, BUY THE NEW MOTOR, DON'T GO RUNNING TO APBA OR THE SORC CRYING, it only causes a bunch of friction, not to mention all the phone call's,e-mail's,meetings,yelling,red faces well you get me, if the decision has been made, why make the transition so long?? seem's way more painful to me to have a year of probation, then 2 more years to phaze out the old motor, this (IMHO) time factor leads to more rule changes during the phaze out period and could create problem's

I understand the money issue however, I would like to run b or 15ss but I am not willing to buy a old hotrod for $2500-3000 and not be able get factory parts, and have a limited time to run it,--- you have to admit that the old hot rod's are temperamental, and are kind of a frankenstein with all the different cranks, ignition systems etc etc....you can't bring in new people to the sport when it is so confusing!- IE- "get with cooper jess" etc.. - how about CALL THE FACTORY & ORDER A NEW ONE!-------- all who have been around it for 30 years don't give it any thought but THINK ABOUT IT! -- and, if you don't want new people admit it!
      I'm done, thank's for let'n me rant it's fun!
      RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy
        but so has Bass Machines and they had to fight tooth and nail to get the motor approved (in a more needed class) and is still "probationary" in DMod. Should not the same courtesy be given to the Bass Tohatsu?
        Darren,
        Just a FYI.
        The reason the Bass motor is still "probationary" in D Mod is that in all Mod classes, the rules are voted on by the Drivers. I think the most the Commission is allowed to do is introduce an engine as "probationary" into a class but they can not make it a legal engine. The people that Bass need to convince are not the Commissioners but the D Mod drivers themselves. If I remember correctly, the 2007 vote was very close.

As for the Sidewinder - I do not believe that it has even been introduced into the Mod category, even for a "probationary" status. All discussion has been on the Stock side.
        Brian 10s

Comment

Now everyone including Ron.

I love hot rods, sidewinders and boat racing.

Problem is we had not heard anything even when we ask questions.

Someone had to stir the pot.

We are now getting answers. Squeeky wheel gets some grease.

This is the most PR Sidewinder has gotten to this date.

Thank you Tony
          Just kidding. Thank you all for your hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by 371-M
            take the new motor, test until it's right, put it into the class (NO PROBATION) and run the old motor for 1 year and that's it!, --if the old dog beats the new dog all year, oh well, --if the new dog blows off the old dog, BUY THE NEW MOTOR, DON'T GO RUNNING TO APBA OR THE SORC CRYING, it only causes a bunch of friction, not to mention all the phone call's,e-mail's,meetings,yelling,red faces well you get me
            If this happens it will kill A Stock. There needs to be a minimum of a 2-3 year transition. Wasn't it planned for at least a two year transition when the Sidewinder was approved? Everyone won't go buy a new Sidewinder in 1 year that already has OMC A engines, a few will, but a short transition period will only make Formula A bigger, and it won't grow A Stock.

Comment

First of all nobody is going to buy a motor that is on probation for two or three yeas and at the end of that time it might not pass and cant be run anymore. The first motor being produced is the BSH/15SS then the 20 cu in/20SS wich will become the new BSH class, Then the A Stock class will be produced from the chart from the steering com. the OMC,Merc 15 and old Hotrod will all still be leagle to run past 2010 or longer.
              Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by G Stillwill View Post
                First of all nobody is going to buy a motor that is on probation for two or three yeas and at the end of that time it might not pass and cant be run anymore. The first motor being produced is the BSH/15SS then the 20 cu in/20SS wich will become the new BSH class, Then the A Stock class will be produced from the chart from the steering com. the OMC,Merc 15 and old Hotrod will all still be leagle to run past 2010 or longer.
                I was replying to 371M's comment about the OMC not being a legal motor after one year.

First year of 15 Sidewinder probationary.
                Second year legal status
                Third or fourth year, the only legal motor. This would hurt us for A Stock, but it's the only way Sidewinder will sell all 75 motors.

I'll repeat Ed's Question; WHEN WILL THE 15 BE AVAILABLE!!!
                If it's not very soon, then it will hurt 2008 for Sidewinder.

Comment

Man I hope everyone pestering the hell out of these people putting in the hours and money to develope these motors have cash in hand to buy one the moment they are ready...

I feel sorry for the whole sidewinder crew... I'm sure they're working their asses off in the little spare time they have to get the motor out there. You think when it's done or they know it will be done they'll just keep it a secret?
                  Fralick Racing
                  Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

I would be interested in purchasing one of these after a three year wait, four year wait or five year wait. The important thing to me is that the next step is in place therefore giving us some direction for the future. I don’t believe this was an undertaking demanding that the product reach the market by a certain date but rather be available prior to us running out of the motors currently in use.

To me the time line is not significant. Being a Project Manager by trade and having to deal with benchmarks, gant charts, resources and tasks on a daily basis I’m quite impressed with the progress so far. I’m also glad that Ron has put the engineering department and the need for quality ahead of the marketing department. That’s a refreshing switch.

Comment

I'm a slow learner and easily confused ... so

Originally posted by ajennings4p View Post
                      for right now there making a 15 and a 20 c.i. hot rod. the 15 will be run in the bsr and bsh. and i think that they are going to try and hope that the 20 c.i. hot rod will work in 20ssh.
                      Thought I read that the 15 c.i. was already approved for "A" Would somebody from the SORC please post a clarification as to just exactly what engine has been "approved", what engine is "probationary" and what engine will be used for what class(es).
                      Last edited by Dr. Thunder; 10-10-2007, 03:08 PM. Reason: typo
                      Untethered from reality!

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy
                        is the new Sidewinder A motor, ***, gonna be subjected to the same **** (scrutiny) the Bass Tohatsu has had to go through. ***.
                        Darren: maybe you can enlighten Racing Outboards as to the alternative. Maybe you can explain to them how the SORC treated the new Merc 15 they asked the APBA BOD create for the A class and how it was accepted into that class and made competitive. Maybe you can also explain to them how it took over a decade for the currently-available model engine (Y-302) to win the closed-course nationals in APBA's largest class. I guess that will all be different though with the Sidewinders.

Do you just gripe for the sake of it, or do you think about what you are actually saying? What will happen if the Sidewinders are not as fast as the OMC's or the Hot Rods (a very likely probability)?

Eddie.
                        14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

APBA B.O.D Meeting

Originally posted by Dr. Thunder View Post
                          Thought I read that the 15 c.i. was already approved for "A" and 15SS?
                          Would somebody from the SORC please post a clarification as to just exactly what engine has been "approved", what engine is "probationary" and what engine will be used for what class(es).

Ron says the 15 will be available for delivery/purchase at Jessup for $6800...? That's less than three weeks away?

The minutes from the BOD meeting on March 7th 2007, states that the Sidewinder will be probationary for the 2007 season and a legal motor for 2008.
                          http://www.apba-racing.com/Forms/200...07,%202007.pdf add;page 6
                          Last edited by ricochet112; 10-10-2007, 12:57 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Originally posted by ricochet112 View Post
                            The minutes from the BOD meeting on March 7th 2007, states that the Sidewinder will be probationary for the 2007 season and a legal motor for 2008.
                            http://www.apba-racing.com/Forms/200...07,%202007.pdf add;page 6
                            Legal even though no 15 c.i. engines were available or raced as probationary engines '07. Does this mean they will still be legal for '08 ... if so, for what classes?
                            Untethered from reality!

Comment

Answer To Ed's Question

What will happen if the Sidewinders are not as fast as the OMC's or the Hot Rods (a very likely probability)?

Answer: No one will buy them.

This is the same reason the "D" Tohatsu needs to be able to win.

sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

For us outsiders ....I think someone else also asked but was ignored for all the bikering....

Are there only 2 sizes of these engines that can run in various classes?

How does a sidewinder relate to a hotrod?

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
                                Tomtall 06

Comment

Working...
                                X