Clear All

• FEH at Waterford

Tom

Yes we will be there

Jim
    7-M

Comment

• new runabout

Finally got all the wood finished. Now to finish epoxying the top and inside. Sand and finish the bottom, and install the hardware!
      Attached Files
      Gene Schertz 26V
      TEAM CAFFEINE
      Cranked up and ready to Roll
      Reeds for Speed!

Comment

• You didn't go boom I hope!

Hey Gene, boat looks good. I hope everything's cool because I noticed a can of resin sitting in front of the heater in the top pic. Even building boats is hazardous!

Comment

• Originally posted by pops67g View Post
          Hey Gene, boat looks good. I hope everything's cool because I noticed a can of resin sitting in front of the heater in the top pic. Even building boats is hazardous!
          Shouldn't be a problem ... (note date stamp) he's got 7 months before there is any trouble
          Untethered from reality!

Comment

• ((Quote))<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 78182" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2>Shouldn't be a problem ... (note date stamp) he's got 7 months before there is any trouble </TD></TR><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>Today 11:32 AM</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
            LOL still cant program the camera correctly, at least I'm not 15 years in the future any more!

Pops67g,
            thanks! its comming along
            I was warming it up so it would set faster. using the 207 for all exposted areas, and that helps speed up the process some.
            Gene Schertz 26V
            TEAM CAFFEINE
            Cranked up and ready to Roll
            Reeds for Speed!

Comment

• It looks good Gene
              ROFL Thanks Dr. Thunder I needed a good laugh today

Comment

• Not so! I am reasonably confident George's boat does not have 2 3/4 inches of offset. I think someone needs some remedial math and geometry.

Comment

• I remeasured and its 2.50 exactly 10.375 on the right from the inside edge of the airtrap top to the combing side and 7.875 on the left side inside edge of the airtrap top to the combing
                  Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

• Offset

Originally posted by G Stillwill View Post
                    I remeasured and its 2.50 exactly 10.375 on the right from the inside edge of the airtrap top to the combing side and 7.875 on the left side inside edge of the airtrap top to the combing
                    Exactly! Your offset from centerline is 1.25 an inch and a quarter. (2.50/2)
                    A tich more than I usually go, but you can not argue with the success and results of Sam's design and engineering.

Speaking of which, Sam, let's see some pics of Bill new ride. One from the back showing the bottom width and transom angle if you please.

Great looking boat George, have you weighed it yet?

Comment

• Sam, only show the right side. Keep them waiting.....
                      "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

• Dean has the correct answer. The cockpit offset is only half of the difference between the deck widths. This may not seem intuitive. Imagine a 36 inch wide boat bottom with a cockpit that 16 inches wide outside. The resulting decks each would be 10 inches- (36-16)/2. Move the cockpit over 1 inch and the narrower deck would be 9 inches wide. You've still got a boat 36 inches wide with a 16 inch cockpit, so the other deck has to be 11 inches wide- 36-16-9.

Bill has two untested boats. We did have one at the last two races of last year but didn't get to do any real testing, just racing. We tried some things on it and I am more happy with them than Bill is but it does seem to have better speed in the corners. The other one explores some different concepts that are hoped to be able to work in conjunction with the ideas on the first boat in the future plus some responses to our SORC buddies making us even safer. It seems prudent to try to evaluate them separately. We've agreed to sell one of these to Chris Allen around the end of June so we got to figure them out quickly. Hopefully, we'll get some additional feedback by then from some work being done by some of your Michigan neighbors. Its really the next iteration, due out in late June/early July that you'd want to see. Pics of the newer boat during construction were already posted back on page 17 or so?

Transom angle has not changed at all. I like 20 degrees for everything besides J/A boats and the FEH boat. If you understand principles of real estate, you'd understand that transom angle is not horribly significant. If it was, do you think I'd post it here? Bottom width? Now you're getting a bit more personal. But 36 was a nice round number before the SORC nudged us off dead center.

Comment

• George!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam is just jealous! He just wishes he was in the wedding party with us.

Maybe if he is nice to Ocoee Mayor Scott he and the mrs can renew their vows at the winter nationals in 2008! Heck, i would volenteer to be the best man except i wouldn't look good in a green tux.

Matt & Val-Pal

Comment

• More 2 cyl.???

I won't touch that dial, for more on that 45.!!!
                            RichardKCMo
                            Originally posted by Sonny View Post
                            Here it is finally done and ready to go 78 Sanger drag hydro Casal V drive and fresh 468 ci heavy chevy, full roller, 14 to 1 compression, and two 1150 Dominator carbs. Almost 700 hp. I was kinda hoping I could test this monster at crystal lake this year with the other inboards???I have also included a pic of a pet project of mine for 08.. it is a 45 ci omc with two two barells and a sliding stinger pipe... any help or pipe info is appreciated.
                            RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

• Omc 45

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
                              Here it is finally done and ready to go 78 Sanger drag hydro Casal V drive and fresh 468 ci heavy chevy, full roller, 14 to 1 compression, and two 1150 Dominator carbs. Almost 700 hp. I was kinda hoping I could test this monster at crystal lake this year with the other inboards???I have also included a pic of a pet project of mine for 08.. it is a 45 ci omc with two two barells and a sliding stinger pipe... any help or pipe info is appreciated.
                              Sonny- You might want to contact Tim Kurcz on the OMC.

Ye Olde Desert Geezer Al Lang

Comment

• well here is the new boat all finished. Just went testing and it runs so much better then my old boat. I am seeing major improvemnts out of the boat. The 80 runs great the 102 runs even better.
                                Attached Files
                                MJR Composites racing...cleveland division

Comment

Working...
                                X