No announcement yet.

New Boats for 2014!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to add the steering cables, but ready to race this saturday!

Comment

• DeanFHobart
      DeanFHobart commented
      Editing a comment
      Very Nice Tylor....... see you Saturday at Silver.

Deano............................................. .................................................. ...

• Want to reinforce the cockpit sides of my new CSH. Thinking about Kevlar and at this point would use Double Bias Carbon Fiber 12 oz. Does any one have any thought on what to use.

Comment

• New O'Connor OSY 400 ready for varnish then testing.

Comment

• Originally posted by gabengail View Post
        Want to reinforce the cockpit sides of my new CSH. Thinking about Kevlar and at this point would use Double Bias Carbon Fiber 12 oz. Does any one have any thought on what to use.
        I've read that Kevlar may be prone to absorbing water over time. Carbon fiber won't
        Sean Byrne

Comment

• blueskyracer
          blueskyracer commented
          Editing a comment
          Sean what weight of carbon fiber would be best to add to the cockpit sides

• DeanFHobart
          DeanFHobart commented
          Editing a comment
          Mike,

If you want to make it stiffer, then 6 oz. on both sides. 3 oz. is way more expensive. Remember it is the Resin that adds the weight...... So really "Squeegee" it out.... You can also "Thin Out" your resin with Acetone or MEK to make "Squeegee" easier......
          At least for the first coat or two..... Put on the second coat before it completely cures...... You can also use Plastic Film "Mylar" over the top to make it smooth. Just some suggestions.

You can also put the boat on it's side so you're working on a Horizontal surface and not Vertical. Unless of course you're doing this before the boat has been assembled.

Good Luck,

Deano............................................. ...........................................
          Last edited by DeanFHobart; 06-03-2014, 03:09 PM.

• Hey Guys , I'm new to the S.O. race world so I figured id post our new boat. graphics and sponsor logs are going on today.
        Eriel Garrastegui
        ASR 30-D "ShockWave"

Comment

• Comment

• Bipolarboater
            Bipolarboater commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey... I have that picture. ... Test pond x
        Working...
        X