ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
    IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

• Finish

Originally posted by john527 View Post
      Ready for finish...
      Beautiful work. Already looks finished.
      "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
      No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

• First boat out of the Jon Peterson boat factory. Just need to add water...
        Attached Files
        Sean Byrne

Comment

• So is it a JDS ?

CMH. 61R
          Short Fuze Racing
          Team Darneille
          ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
          IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

• Looking good! Congratulations Jon!
            Maroney Racing

Comment

• no, it is from my plans that I had Mark Johnson draw up for me in 2010.I just keep adding a few tweaks to each new version. Jon was the Party chief on this build.
              Sean Byrne

Comment

• Originally posted by seanp3 View Post
                Jon was the Party chief on this build.
                I would like to present a motion that all teams are required to have a Party Chief. Do I hear a second?

Boat looks great, Sean, best of luck dialing it in.
                http://vitalire.com/

Comment

• Bartender

[QUOTE=guedo499;235249]I would like to present a motion that all teams are required to have a Party Chief. Do I hear a second?

I was thinking a Party Bartender.
                  sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• Originally posted by guedo499 View Post
                    I would like to present a motion that all teams are required to have a Party Chief. Do I hear a second?

Boat looks great, Sean, best of luck dialing it in.
                    John, I'll be contacting you about a lake Goodwin get together. Plus I nominate you the BBOPP party chief for 2014!
                    Sean Byrne

Comment

• When racing my new build late last summer, I heard a CRACK as I put my knee on my deck when climbing aboard in thigh deep water. After returning to the pits, I noticed a crack in the outer veneer of my deck just on the outside of the cockpit girder stringer near where I put my knee, evidently the deck flexed enough between frames to crack the veneer right at the stringer... I was going to add a couple of mini spars (1/2 x 3/4 by 14" long obeche) between frames 4 and 5 when I built the boat to reinforce the deck when boarding but decided not to in order to save a couple of ounces - bad decision! So to fix the problem post build, I laminated some leftover carbon fiber into panels (9 layers, rotating each layer 45 degrees from previous to provide max strength - overkill probably) and vacuumed bag using West System epoxy; cured thickness is 3/32". I used a stud finder to verify frame locations (also used original frame measurements to confirm) and masked off area. I cut panel to extend beyond both frame locations (approximately 15" overall length) and gave a 1/4" clearance on the width of the panel to ensure it doesn't sit on the cockpit girder or airtrap girder filets but still supported by the cockpit and airtrap girder stringers. I rounded the panel corners to ensure sharp corners don't dig into the veneer when deck flexes and tapered sides. Laying the panel on the masked off area, I traced the panel and then trimmed the tape - then sanded off the clearcoating to the epoxy sealant coat and scuffed that and the underside of the panel with 60 grit paper to ensure a nice bonding surface. I applied West System epoxy to both panel and hull, seated the panel well to remove any air bubbles, taped panel in location to ensure it didn't move while curing, and then applied lead weight (lead shot in inner tubes) to apply pressure until epoxy fully cured. After epoxy cured, lightly sanded CF panel, shot with clear coat, and then added anti-slip tape strips. I also added a thinner CF panel (15" x 6") on right side so I can straddle the cockpit and allow water to drain out of my cut suit prior to entering cockpit. Just wanted to share this with fellow racers as I know others suffered same issue - and highly recommend folks building new boats to reinforce their decks where they board to minimize similar fate (I wish I had!).
                      Last edited by Shane_B; 03-29-2014, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Outrigger Hydro

Rear sponsons are nearly complete. Ready to start on front. Should be testing soon.
                        Lee Tietze
                        Machined Components
                        Aluminum, Try Racing Without It!

Comment

• Originally posted by machinedcomp View Post
                          Outrigger Hydro

Rear sponsons are nearly complete. Ready to start on front. Should be testing soon.

Looks good Lee, is it the point of view by the camerea, or is this a kneeler ? Dash looks a little upright for a laydown ?
                          Dave Mason
                          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Outrigger Hydro

Looks good Lee, is it the point of view by the camerea, or is this a kneeler ? Dash looks a little upright for a laydown ?
                            Dave Mason
                            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

• You are correct Dave, the dash is installed at 25 degrees. It is a laydown boat but I needed the dash at an increased angle to
                              remove the twist from the fuselage.
                              Lee Tietze
                              Machined Components
                              Aluminum, Try Racing Without It!

Comment

fuselage.

I like it when you are already refering to like a rocketship !
                                Dave Mason
                                Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                                X