APBA Social Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well

Instead of simply posting on here the APBA website social forums, why not simply post the results here, and over there ? That would be the most common sense fix I can think of ? Why even come close to ruffling feathers ? I understand it appears to be Ed's job to ruffle feathers, and he is very good at it. But to avoid people jumping to conclusions, and creating two pages of speculation, just post the same info here as you do on the other site and quit yer *****'n. No links to APBA Social for info or the thread content, just copy paste for petes sake. And people wonder why we can't just all get along....
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

I do have to say I am disappointed in those who post here on HR and direct folks to another website for information. I don't understand why if you can take the time to post on one site a link to another site why you can't just post the relevant information here as well. A copy and paste is pretty simple to accomplish after all.

After all I don't go to the APBA site and post links to hydroracer. I be if I did I wouldn't be welcome over there anymore.

Opps, guess Dave M beat me to it. There is room for multiple sites on the subject of boat racing, there is no reason we can't all play in the same sandbox if we call share the toys.
      Last edited by Mrs blueskyracer; 09-24-2013, 09:17 AM. Reason: Dave M beat me to it!

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Here is why I did it.

For one reason and one reason only... to drive some people to that site.

We need people to start using it. We need people to start viewing it. We need people to start spending time on it.

We all know how this stuff works. You need to drive participation and we (I'm assuming Ed did it for the same reason I did) know if we post it here then you won't go look for it elsewhere.

APBA site need to have people on it if they are going to be successful in generating revenue off of it. We all know when we talk to potential investors or advertisers they are going to ask what kind of hits and participation are you generating. The owners of Hydro Racers past & present and anyone else that has built web site that try and solicit sponsors know this.

Bottom line…We need traffic on that site and all our racing sites. It’s up to us the APBA members and non APBA members that care about racing to do this. I try and visit everyone’s sites for this very reason. If we all stay in our own cocoons we will all fail together.
        "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

First

Hydroracer was here first (remember when it was called Dan's Stock Outboard Report). It should be here first then APBA you can add more to it for APBA if you want to.

Comment

Why one site

I did it for two reasons:

1) I am paying for APBA's site and I want it to succeed so I put the information there.

2) I have 4 little kids to attempt to make some effort to take care of at race sites and help Kelly and I can't post all information on HR and APBA and Facebook. So I post on one and put links to it on the others. I get all kinds of heat from Kelly for even doing one. (in case you didn't notice, at a race where you could race as many classes that you wanted for only $10, I raced ONE CLASS and left 2 boats on the trailer).

So you guys that are bicthing about how I do this, by all means, take over and do it the right way!

And, thanks Dan L for using this as an attempt to bash APBA (ie: me and every other dues-paying member), again.
            Last edited by 14-H; 09-24-2013, 11:04 AM.
            14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
              I thought Crowne Partners were relieved of their services this summer......
              That is my understanding as well.
              14-H

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs blueskyracer View Post
                *** I don't understand why if you can take the time to post on one site a link to another site why you can't just post the relevant information here as well.***.
                That is because you have not tried to do it with a hand-held device at a race site where you are racing multiple classes and have a 7 year-old, 6 year-old, 5 year-old and 2 year-old to help take care of and a crazy brother who needs help running his 14 freaking classes.

Thanks for all of the criticism from you guys that are able to post this information at races and don't even bother.
                14-H

Comment

Originally posted by 14-H View Post
                  I did it for two reasons:

1) I am paying for APBA's site and I want it to succeed so I put the information there.

2) I have 4 little kids to attempt to make some effort to take care of at race sites and help Kelly and I can't post all information on HR and APBA and Facebook. So I post on one and put links to it on the others. I get all kinds of heat from Kelly for even doing one. (in case you didn't notice, at a race where you could race as many classes that you wanted for only $10, I raced ONE CLASS and left 2 boats on the trailer).

So you guys that are bicthing about how I do this, by all means, take over and do it the right way!

And, thanks Dan L for using this as an attempt to bash APBA (ie: me and every other dues-paying member), again.
                  Ed

At this years meetings vote to have me do it and pay me, problem solved. I have over 33 years of experience doing this on a professional level. Resumes will be sent to all that are interested in my services.

I can be a huge asset to APBA if they so choose to involve me.
                  HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Can you baby sit also?
                    bill b

Comment

Originally posted by 14-H View Post
                      That is because you have not tried to do it with a hand-held device at a race site where you are racing multiple classes and have a 7 year-old, 6 year-old, 5 year-old and 2 year-old to help take care of and a crazy brother who needs help running his 14 freaking classes.

Thanks for all of the criticism from you guys that are able to post this information at races and don't even bother.
                      Thanks ED, for what you post.
                      Also being married to a chief Scorer and who sits on the Scorers Committee I find it out of reason to expect Scorers to post results just after an event. Score an event and you will not ask the question again.
                      Last edited by bill boyes; 09-24-2013, 12:15 PM.
                      bill b

Comment

Well we also are running this site as a business and if letting folks use our site against us to gain business for themselves then we will have to come up with a plan to fight this attack.. We did notice Boatracing facts was not targeted for this new approach. This site is for all organizations not just one so we feel we should keep it going..
                        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                          Well we also are running this site as a business and if letting folks use our site against us to gain business for themselves then we will have to come up with a plan to fight this attack.. We did notice Boatracing facts was not targeted for this new approach. This site is for all organizations not just one so we feel we should keep it going..
                          I think you misunderstood my post. I am a dues-paying member of the APBA. I make no money from APBA. So to say that I am using your site to gain business for myself is just flat out false. I am a lawyer.

Furthermore, I have never been told by anyone associated with HR that I violated a user policy. Indeed, your site allows me to post links.

Finally, Im not a member of Boatracingfacts so that's why I didn't post a link there.
                          14-H

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Pigott View Post
                            Hydroracer was here first (remember when it was called Dan's Stock Outboard Report). It should be here first then APBA you can add more to it for APBA if you want to.
                            Danny: APBA was the first... 1903.
                            14-H

Comment

Originally posted by bill boyes View Post
                              Thanks ED, for what you post.
                              Also being married to a chief Scorer and who sits on the Scorers Committee I find it out of reason to expect Scorers to post results just after an event. Score an event and you will not ask the question again.
                              Bill thats why I do it and I'm sure Ed. I don't think either of us expect the scorers to do it at the race when they have other stuff to do.
                              "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Old

Ed I am not that old yet but getting close lol. What I said was Hydroracer had the first site of this kind, there were a couple others that did not make it. The APBA site came later It is great that they have there site for APBA info.. Before Hydroracer we had to wait for the Prop. Mag. for any info or call people to find out what was going on.

Comment

Working...
                                X