2013 So/MOD/PRO/AX Western Copperopolis, CA Divisonals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also wonder why.
    Pat, Maybe the use fee is hidden from the Drivers. Oroville does not charge a gate fee as there is no one to collect it. Therefor the club pays the parks and Rec a fee. Same with Bakersfield. I never have paid a park fee. But the club has.
    bill b

Comment

I think the deal breaker is the price of insurance and sanction that dictates the price per class and how many sponsors help off set costs
      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

How about tent camping at Salt Springs? Anything I should know about that?
        Thanks,
        Dave
        42-C

Comment

just bring your tent!! Lower campground is nice lots of shade.
          bill b

Comment

Originally posted by halestorm View Post
            How about tent camping at Salt Springs? Anything I should know about that?
            Thanks,
            decided to camp dave wish we did that but i already put a two night nonrefundable on a motel

Comment

Resorts

I seem to remember paying that fee last time I raced there...some resort owners are super cool..others are total you know what's. I raced last weekend with the SLORA group at Sunbanks resort...and lemme tell you..the "witch" that owns the place needs to go to charm school. I raced with SLORA there in 2011, and brought over my restored 1967 Aloha travel trailer. The owner made me move it THREE TIMES friday, even after I paid for a trailer site. Finaly, Saturday afternoon she and her manager rode up in her little golf cart and said the trailer does not fit in with the image we are trying to project here....could you move it off premises. I was furious...and left within about 30 minutes of her telling me that. lol. Raced there again last weekend....nothing has changed. The SLORA group is just fantastic...so friendly and stuff. I did not have a cabin or anything reserved on site...and the 2 dudes at front gate were not going to let me in. I was like....huh? I finally had them let me in after a few phone calls and went to the main lodge to get a little cabin for the night. 78 bucks for a little 8 by 10 cabin with no water...lol. Raced on Saturday....got a nasty phone message saying I owed for another night on the cabin..you should have heard this thing! It was my fault I did not return the key by 11am...I get that...but holy cow, she was so nasty it was like I burned the place down! I turned the key back, packed my stuff up...and left. I understand that a lot of people will not go back to Sunbanks because of this person. Pretty sad. I don't think I would make a good resort owner...see you all Friday!

Comment

cancelled hotel

Originally posted by wright racing View Post
                decided to camp dave wish we did that but i already put a two night nonrefundable on a motel
                Yeah, mine was cancelable, and I just did so. We're going to tent camp. We'll be in late (10 PM?) Friday night.
                Dave
                42-C

Comment

I talked to the manager on our test weekend about the $5 per boat per day and told him that it would not go well with the racers who run multiple boats. He said he would see what he could do with the owner, Obviously he wasn't able to do much about it. He agreed that the charge was excessive and he would do what he could. I am sure he tried so don't beat up on him, it wasn't his decision. Otherwise camping is $20 a night, a reasonable rate in this day and age. There is a day use fee if you don't camp but it isn't much, I think $5 or $10 a day.

You can't blame the owner, he leases the place from the irrigation district and he needs to cover his costs and make something for his efforts. I realize that everything adds up, but in my case two boats for 3 days will come to $30. A small price to pay when registration ( 3 classes) will be roughly $230, camping will be $80 for 4 days, diesel $150 or so, and food another $75 and liquid refreshment undetermined. So these launch fees are a trivial amount and to pay that for someone who will have us, I won't complain. Remember Shadow Cliffs, Lodi Lake, etc. I never got a chance to race at either of these sites and will be happy to pay what it takes to keep this one. By the way we almost lost this one too.

Lets have fun this weekend and have some good racing.
                  kk

Comment

Entry Updates

This evenings entries have been updated on Page 1 . . . hope you have been enjoying the colors indicating the recent entries.

Thank you again for all of your help with pre-entries. It really helps the drivers to know where they need to build classes to get to the "magic" numbers.

Have a safe trip and we'll see you when you get here . . .

Oh Yeh, this is me
                    Bring Tequila . . .

Comment

Registration

Just registered for 20ssh saturday. Dave

Comment

With a bad test day yesterday, I unfortunately will not be able to make it.... still can't get the Yamato to run...
                        Marlee Hill
                        4th Generation Hill
                        Hill Racing Team
                        20ssH & SST45
                        1-C, 32-C, 9

Hillmarine.net
                        Hill Marine Products

Signature Propellers

Comment

Cmon Marlee....

I haven't seen a Yamato yet that me or someone at a race couldn't get working.

Originally posted by Marlee Hill View Post
                          With a bad test day yesterday, I unfortunately will not be able to make it.... still can't get the Yamato to run...
                          Moby Grape Racing
                          "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Originally posted by propnuts View Post
                            Lol!! Well Tony, that I agree with you 100% but I cooked it in Parker & we just rebuilt it. Far from "divisionals ready!"
                            Marlee Hill
                            4th Generation Hill
                            Hill Racing Team
                            20ssH & SST45
                            1-C, 32-C, 9

Hillmarine.net
                            Hill Marine Products

Signature Propellers

Comment

Originally posted by Marlee Hill View Post
                              Lol!! Well Tony, that I agree with you 100% but I cooked it in Parker & we just rebuilt it. Far from "divisionals ready!"

well crap............borrow my motor I sent down with Kyle for my CSR.....
                              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

I am with Tony. With all the Yamato knowledge on the beach we can get it running!!!!

Originally posted by propnuts View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X