No announcement yet.

USA OSY 400 to UIM OSY 400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand the differences with the motors, but what is the differences in the boats?
    Maroney Racing

Comment

Originally posted by JBM View Post
      I understand the differences with the motors, but what is the differences in the boats?
      If there has been no change since last year, the cockpit sides must be at least 9mm thick with a minimum of 10 oz. of either kevlar or carbon fibre. It is suggested, and I always have, to leave inspection ports, like when you use two layers of ply with cloth in between so the use of the cloth can be verified. There is a height minimum, that by looking at the rules is given in mm's. It comes out to right around 16 3/4 inches at the dashboard area of the cockpit. There is a minimum for the throttle area and also at the transom. The yamato is tall enough to make the transom minimum a moot point, in my opinion. Also, it is a little 'grey' to me concerning the 'throttle' area minimum height, but as we are going 16 3/4 inches at the dashboard portion, we have always been well higher than the minimum at the throttle area.
      This is just what I've learned since I've been supporting the US A team, and I am sure I could learn a little more. Please all, chime in. KampKurz

Comment

What about helmet colors. I understand that UIM rules are very close to APBA. Does not seem to me to be enforced.
        bill b

Comment

Originally posted by D_Allen_III View Post
          raceright,
          Can you send me the addresses of the local Marinas for me to check out? I just moved to Oshkosh, WI recently so if you could put together a nice list of the different places for me that would be awesome. Thanks.
          Funny your job not mine but I bet there is a Yahama dealer closer to you than Washington state lolololo

Comment

Awesome idea, International continuity ;-) I love the one buoy turns, shows driver's strategy and skill, Also make for a great spectators race.

Comment

Working...
            X